ToonLink's Recent Posts

15 May 2020, 7:17 am (Edited 15 May 2020, 7:18 am)
in Returning Player (go to post)
Hello!

http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/103866-guide-welcome-back-from-your-hiatus

Here's what someone sent to me when I came back. Enjoy! ^^
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
7 May 2020, 9:42 am
in Fursona Generator (go to post)
Have y'all seen this thing?

https://thisfursonadoesnotexist.com/

Apparently it's a computer program that was fed a whole load of furry art and spits out some really convincing portraits!

I see a whole lot of dogs and cats and an occasional rodent (and digimon/undertale), but considering the source, that's probably to be expected. It does come up with some super neat ideas, though!

seed64956.jpgseed35860.jpg
seed80610.jpgseed26252.jpg
seed17035.jpg
seed11402.jpg

Aaaand then some of them not so much.

seed00517.jpg
seed83750.jpg

Though I do really like that last one! Something very clever could be done with it.

I've already found my fursona. XD

seed22480.jpg

Mood.
XNlBkTx.png
6 May 2020, 10:35 pm
in Selling Foxbury house (go to post)
Someone might trade you for one. If I had one on hand, I would.

Otherwise, selling it would work, too. Even if you don't get *all* your cash back, you'll get something that you can put toward the house you want. If it's priced well, it's sure to sell, since houses are useful.

I'd try making a trade first, though. Maybe alter the title of the thread so that it specifically says you want to trade houses, so people who are interested will know right away.
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 12:25 pm
in Closed For Now (go to post)
HalloweenBatRat That'll work. ^^ Thank you very much for the goods!
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 12:14 pm
It's perfect! Thank you!

Do you have a TH I can credit?

Oh, I'm so glad! ^^ You're very welcome! It was fun doodling your critter.

I do not, I'm afraid. You're free to credit me here, if you want, or... hm... dandelion-head is my tumblr or makyui is my DA if you want something a bit more substantial.
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 3:54 am
HalloweenBatRat Here you are!

clycicL.png

Please let me know if all is well!
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 12:18 am
HalloweenBatRat Oh, what a cute! I would love to. :D

Thank you! No need to hurry. I'll accept them after I'm done and you're satisfied. ^^
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 12:11 am
HalloweenBatRat That works for me. ^^ Is there a character in particular that you would like me to doodle? They're all quite cute.
XNlBkTx.png
19 Apr 2020, 12:07 am
HalloweenBatRat I think I can whiff out a little doodle for you, if you have some feathers left.

If you don't have feathers, I'm okay with shamrocks!

No price in mind at the moment. You can give as many as you feel at the end. c:
XNlBkTx.png
18 Apr 2020, 4:37 am (Edited 18 Apr 2020, 5:27 am)
in How to make paws WITHOUT a sewing machine? (go to post)
Lilademon I keep forgetting to ping people, whoops. My apologies.

By the way, you might be surprised how well a sewing machine can handle fabric it isn't "supposed" to handle. I've got a pretty bargain basement walmart sewing machine (only one step up from the cheapest model they had at the time) and it handles fake fur like a champ, though I reckon possibly at the cost of a few years of its lifetime. If you pin it well, use a properly matched needle for the fabric, keep the fur nap out of the way, and allow for a wide enough seam allowance, it might handle it okay, at the least so that you can get the bigger basic seams that don't require as much finesse..

Then again, it might not. You are, of course, the best judge of what your machine can handle.

EDIT: You're welcome. ^^ See about hitting up some tutorials, if you haven't already. The Fursuit LJ community is packed with information! There's probably plenty of other, newer resources from modern fursuiters, too.

By the way, my notes further up about seam allowances only apply if your pattern doesn't have them accounted for! If you're using an established pattern that has the seam allowances calculated and allotted, follow those instead! Otherwise your paws will end up distorted. It probably goes without saying (sorry if so!) but just in case.
XNlBkTx.png
18 Apr 2020, 4:31 am
in How to make paws WITHOUT a sewing machine? (go to post)
Surprisingly, fur can handle hand sewing very well! I used to make my heads and paws by hand because I preferred the accuracy over machine sewing, which was used instead for bulk things like arm sleeves and tails. (This also let me cut pieces for the heads like puzzle pieces, which took longer but ensured they fit the head base.)

Back in the day, I would place the matching pieces, fur sides together, in one hand and stroke the fur so that it was all inside and out of the way of the seam. (It can be brushed to grain again once you're done.) Then I would just do a basic whip stitch, stabbing the needle in on the same side, putting the needle in far enough away from the edge of the seam so that it wouldn't rip out if I gave it a little tug. If I remember right, an eighth inch or so worked pretty well for seams that ran parallel to the ribbing, while something closer to a quarter or more worked for cuts across the ribbing.

This can depend on the tightness and quality of the knit and how you cut the seams, of course. Just give a little tug, and if it pulls loose, stab it into a sturdier part of fabric and try again. You'll get a feel for it very quickly.

For pieces that I had to lay parallel and couldn't fold on top of each other, I think I just laid the fabric down and did a zigzag stitch back and forth across the seam. This was mostly a thing with head pieces, though. Paws don't usually have this problem, I don't think.

Every once in awhile I would tie a couple knots as described on this page (the section starting with "Running out of thread and not done stitching yet OR ready to tie a knot?") so that if the thread breaks or something, there won't be a long seam coming loose. It doesn't have to be a super neat knot, and you'll get the hang of this with practice, too. c:

Granted, this is based on knowledge and memory from over a decade ago. Someone else might know better.

Just like anything else, a lot of this comes down to practice. By the time you finish, you'll be an expert. :D Don't be surprised if your first set of paws don't turn out the best. You'll learn a great deal and your next set will be even better! (And if they do turn out great, congrats! I'm sure they'll be perfectly serviceable either way.)

You've got this! Making costumes is very addictive.
XNlBkTx.png
18 Apr 2020, 2:01 am
in Cat's grab bags(closed/working on orders) (go to post)
-TheBananaCat- Much obliged for the stuff, thank you! ^^
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 7:13 pm
-TheBananaCat- Sure thing! ^^ I'll be around; hit me up when it's done. Thank you!
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 5:42 pm (Edited 15 Apr 2020, 5:43 pm)
-TheBananaCat- Oh, excellent! I'd like one of those, please, largest you have. :D

bag size(s): Large (though if you want to do 100k worth, I can do that too!)
bag type(s): Serpent
method of purchasing: FC
any certain items you want? Literally anything, feel free. I have nothing but the starter pets and the recipes and a couple sabers on hand as is.
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 5:38 pm
in [LF] Flutter Fairy Crown DIY (go to post)
Galaxywolf269 Oh, thank you! I'm really hoping to be able to make my own crowns, though if I'm not able to find a recipe, I might have to buy some crowns. XD
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 6:55 am
in [LF] Flutter Fairy Crown DIY (go to post)
Bit of an odd request, but does anyone happen to have a spare copy of the flower crown DIY recipe?

I might also be interested in other recipes from previous festivals that I've missed (since summer 2018), if that is a thing.
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 5:12 am
in Tips for Roleplaying? (go to post)
Good luck! ^^ I'm rooting for ya!
XNlBkTx.png
15 Apr 2020, 12:42 am
-TheBananaCat- Hello. ^^ Are you still doing Serpent bags? I completely missed the festival.
XNlBkTx.png
14 Apr 2020, 10:42 pm (Edited 14 Apr 2020, 10:44 pm)
I'm not too sure about what would be good around here, specifically? But I know when I want to ease into an RP, I'll lurk around and see if there's something that looks fun to join and see how the people are posting in it. Open RPs can be fun if you like a sandbox sort of thing where you can do whatever, but RPs with plots can be good if you want a direction to follow (they don't have to be extensive plots; just a basic idea can be enough).

If you have a character already in mind, maybe sniff around for some place that your character would be fun to play in, with other players that look like they'd be fun to engage with. c: Lurking a bit will help get an idea of the flow of the RP, too.

A casual RP with lax rules or writing needs can be good to build your confidence, if you're feeling self conscious. Some folks really like the challenge of like... book-level qualities of writing, and that can be super fun and rewarding, but I personally find I get stressed in those environments and worry more about my writing quality than being engaging and telling a story, haha.

But that's me; maybe you like that sort of challenge. It's up to you, really.
XNlBkTx.png
14 Apr 2020, 5:27 am
in So Tomorrow's My Birthday (go to post)
Congratulations and a happy birthday to you! ^^
XNlBkTx.png
14 Apr 2020, 5:21 am
Hello! ^^ Congrats on deciding to dip your toes into roleplay! It can be a whole lot of fun and a great way to stretch your creative muscles.

I think a lot of it comes from practice and getting a feel for what sort of RP style suits you. Some folks will also write out the rules and what they expect in the RP from folks who want to join in. If they don't, then it's probably pretty casual. So don't sweat it too much. c:

I do think a really important rule is to only control your own character and don't try to force actions on other people's characters. Even if it might make sense to you from a narrative perspective, folks generally don't like it when their characters are taken out of their control.

So, say you want to grab a character's hand and pull them with you. Instead of actively grabbing their hand and pulling them along in your reply, it's better to say that you're attempting it, instead. That way, they have a chance to respond in a way that they see fit (maybe they're too fast for you to grab, maybe they're too strong for you to pull, or maybe they'll agree and let their character go along with you!)

Of course if it's agreed upon ahead of time, that's another matter. Some folks can be more lax about this than others. (And sometimes the person in charge of the story can sort of "take over" the narrative and describe events that might affect characters, but that's more of a thing in bigger RPs and might not be something you have to worry about.)

Ttry your best to be in character. ^^ Whatever character it is you're playing. This is a pretty broad one, haha. I think you'll do fine.

Honestly, people will probably give you lots of leeway, especially if you say ahead of time that you're new at it. Don't take it to heart if a partner ghosts on you or an RP falls apart. That happens all the time for all sorts of reasons (people get bored, people run out of time, the mood changes, they run out of ideas for the story and don't know where to go from there). Just find another one and try again, if you want.

And above all, have fun!
XNlBkTx.png
14 Apr 2020, 3:05 am
in April new items thread (go to post)
Them Snufflepups nfhwioafnf.

So cuuuute!

(Hmmm do I want to open my eggs or should they be hoarded forever? >__>)
XNlBkTx.png
13 Apr 2020, 10:39 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
Thanks to the anonymous user for the flowers and the link! ^^ This will come in very handy.
XNlBkTx.png
13 Apr 2020, 10:28 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
That feel when you drop off for two years and then come back and don't remember how anything works.

What's this?

What's this?

What's THIS?!
XNlBkTx.png
12 Jun 2018, 12:22 am
in Event pet gender swap (go to post)
Wolpard Sure thing!

harleenquinzel Sorry, pal. Good luck! I'll hit you up if I find another female. c:
XNlBkTx.png