ToonLink's Recent Posts

12 Jun 2018, 12:22 am
in Event pet gender swap (go to post)
Wolpard Sure thing!

harleenquinzel Sorry, pal. Good luck! I'll hit you up if I find another female. c:
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
12 Jun 2018, 12:18 am
Wolpard Hai! Do you still need a female cross?
XNlBkTx.png
22 May 2018, 10:01 pm
in Your Fursuit "Crush(es)"? (go to post)
Huokua said:
Ahh! That is Nameless by Squeeterbee

OH, thank you so much!
XNlBkTx.png
5 Mar 2018, 9:05 pm (Edited 5 Mar 2018, 9:07 pm)
in How Does One Get Better At Art? (go to post)
Along with practice, it might help to seek out some artists who are willing to teach a thing or two. There's tons of books at the library, free videos online, web forums with professionals who are willing to share things.

You aren't out to copy some artist's work and draw just like them, and you aren't out to find shortcuts. Rather, they can teach you the basics that will act as the foundation to build your own technique on. c:

"Study from life" is great strategy, but when staring at a human figure, or a tree, or a cat, and all its intricate details and angles and edges and bones and muscles, it can be a bit overwhelming if you're starting out. Experienced artists will know how to break down all that complexity into simple bites, how to read the flow of shapes and inject feeling into them, and how to compose it into a cohesive whole, and finding one willing to share that knowledge can help you if you need it.

And then you practice, practice, practice!

(Of course, don't just cling to one single artist and copy their technique. Different artists will solve problems in their own, different ways, and you'll learn a great deal more and have a richer toolkit to work from if you seek out lots of different artists to study under.)
XNlBkTx.png
5 Mar 2018, 1:55 am
in Tips on losing weight? (go to post)
Hey, good luck! I started out at... either 220 or 230 pounds before I finally kicked my own ass and decided enough was enough. I'm down to 175 now.

I started out by buying a 9-inch dinner plate to eat my meals on. Our plates are the standard 10.5 inch plates you normally find around, and they're also DEEP, so I always ended up eating way more portion than I needed.

We have a natural tendency to fill our plates in aesthetically pleasing proportions, and the bigger plate you have, the more we tend to put on it. Eating on a smaller plate tricks your brain into thinking you're eating more than you are. (This also helps with snacky things. I don't eat ice cream in a cereal bowl anymore. Only a tiny fruit bowl.)

It's kind of amazing how those tiny portions of more indulgent things have made a difference. When I was diagnosed with prediabetes, my doctor told me to cut out pasta, fruits, desserts, and other carby things altogether, I got pretty bummed about it, and I'd crave them so bad after not having them, I'd end up with breakdowns where I'd eat way more than I normally would have. Later, I learned I didn't actually have to cut them altogether, I just had to keep my portions small, focus on quality food instead of empty sugars, and balance them with other foods. So now when I want some french fries, instead of ordering a whole thing for myself, my mom will order some and let me have two or three pieces, which satisfies the craving. Or she'll get a slice of cheesecake and let me have a spoonful. It's helped a lot.

Eating slowly and mindfully helps make eating enjoyable while also gauging how your body feels. For most of my life, I had a psychological need to engorge myself before I felt satisfied, and I was trained by short lunch periods at school to bolt down my food as fast as I could. This is something I'm still trying to untrain. There's a delay period between when you eat and when your "full" sense kicks in, so if you eat too fast, you can accidentally end up eating too much. Eating slowly helped me gauge whether or not I actually needed seconds, or if I just needed to wait a little more.

I cut out sugary sodas ages ago, which helped a lot (just switching from regular sodas to diet sodas helped me drop twenty pounds), but now I'm working on reducing my diet sodas too, since I drink way too much. The goal is either plain, fresh water, or something like infused water, unsweet teas, or unsweetened sparkling waters. I stay away from juice, too, and eat fresh fruit instead, since fruit has fiber.

I don't ever skip meals when I can help it (sometimes it happens accidentally, though) but I watch my portion sizes, and I try my best to make them count by eating quality, home-cooked food instead of fast food, though this is often difficult. (It's really REALLY hard when you have no money and rely on family members who eat McDonalds three times a day.)

I try to walk 30-45 minutes a day, and I'm building myself up to jogging five days a week (slowly, since I've been sedentary for so many years). Haven't started strength training yet, but that's also a goal.

It's okay if you fall out of the habit! Building new habits is really hard, and it's common to "fall off" before it sets. But it's not the end of the world! If you find yourself forgetting, just start it up again. c: Eventually it'll stick. You haven't fallen out entirely until you decide to stop doing it altogether.
XNlBkTx.png
10 Jan 2018, 1:43 pm (Edited 10 Jan 2018, 1:44 pm)
in Is there a database of.... (go to post)
Lance-C-Bones

http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/62610-new-warrior-equipment-skills-guide

There's this thing, if that's what you're looking for?
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 10:27 am
rains Much obliged, thank you!
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 8:20 am
rains I have a male Confetti Sprinkle Squookie if you still need it?
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 8:05 am
in [B] 1800 FD @ 1:650 (go to post)
^
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 7:01 am
in Post your snowpet breeding results (go to post)
Aelys Ah, that's understandable. I certainly hope things go better next time!
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 6:04 am (Edited 3 Jan 2018, 6:04 am)
Aelys Aw, that sucks. D: I think I have an extra Star Guardian that I'd be willing to trade for you? I'd offer a winter kitsune, but I only managed to get one this time 'round.
XNlBkTx.png
3 Jan 2018, 4:58 am
Aelys

Oh! Now it makes a bit more sense.

Still, a pretty good haul! I think that averages an egg every ten chests and a Smirch every twenty?

I hope your egg hatching goes well too. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to hatch eggs, most of the time I end up with duds (or really good prim/secs with horrible terts) but it's so exciting to hatch an egg and see what you get.
XNlBkTx.png
2 Jan 2018, 6:38 pm
Aelys said:
That could be where my luck went... Out of about 60 chests (sadly had internet trouble and other reasons to not be able to grind as much as I wanted) I got 6 eggs and 3 scrolls. Sadly didn't get a full set of apparel or new familiars, but much luckier than I was here after all the breedings...

Daaag, you got three scrolls? I don't think I've seen more than one scroll a year, let alone out of so few chests. Good luck indeed!
XNlBkTx.png
2 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm
in [B] OFB and DMM items (go to post)
Watersnake Whatever you feel is fair. Lowest stall price is 480-700something but that's awfully high for so many.
XNlBkTx.png
1 Jan 2018, 4:39 am (Edited 1 Jan 2018, 4:39 am)
in How do I claim Trophy? (go to post)
Reaver

You're welcome!

I noticed you haven't collected the Fairy Collector trophy yet, though! If you can't find it, you can claim it here: http://www.furvilla.com/snow-festival
XNlBkTx.png
1 Jan 2018, 4:37 am
in How do I claim Trophy? (go to post)
I think those are only if you make it into the top... something or other. The very highest feasters.
XNlBkTx.png
1 Jan 2018, 4:26 am
in blessed? (go to post)
It's so cute, oh gosh...
XNlBkTx.png
1 Jan 2018, 3:56 am
u-pastelpixie-u I have a female Sugar Squookie if you still need it. c:
XNlBkTx.png
31 Dec 2017, 8:33 am
Finally got a Deco today, aw yis!

And another handful of melteds. At least when this is over I can potion the other Deco. ...Or maybe sell a wad of them and trade for it.
XNlBkTx.png
31 Dec 2017, 4:41 am
in [B] OFB and DMM items (go to post)
Watersnake I have 150 Gauntlets and 150 Torn Steak, if you're still looking?
XNlBkTx.png
30 Dec 2017, 5:35 am (Edited 30 Dec 2017, 5:38 am)
1132 breedings so far, if I counted right. Give or take a hundred.

53 Dirties.

13 Meltings.

No Decos. T◡T

Meanwhile I got a Nocturne scroll from opening my very first chest on FR, plus an egg and a Smirch later, so clearly all my luck has gone over there this time around.
XNlBkTx.png
29 Dec 2017, 8:43 pm
in Dec Snowphoenix- Winners Announced (go to post)
I'd love a female, please. ^^

Thanks so much for the opportunity!
XNlBkTx.png
27 Dec 2017, 10:38 pm (Edited 27 Dec 2017, 10:39 pm)
in Quick doodles for free (go to post)
StellarHyena Aaaw, it's my little fluff! :D He's so cute omigod, thank you!

Do you mind if I post it on his profile? With credit, of course!
XNlBkTx.png
26 Dec 2017, 8:41 pm
in [S] RTB Female White Snowphoenixes (go to post)
Got some critters to sell!
XNlBkTx.png
26 Dec 2017, 1:29 am
in Merry Christmas Friends! (go to post)
PishPosh Aww, bless. Thank you so much. c:

I hope the holiday was good to you!
XNlBkTx.png