CallistoCorona's Recent Posts

21 Oct 2019, 7:59 pm
in Yo (go to post)
Hello! I hope you enjoy your stay here~ this game can be really fun during the events, but sometime I get burnt out . . . and come back like a boomerang.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
17 Oct 2019, 1:23 am
in How to get dutch angel dragons? (go to post)
You need to have a Dutch Angel Dragon morphing potion, as well as for many other species. All you have to do if have another villager you don't care about, and then the morphing potion. Once you select it onto the villager, you can choose between three default breeds, but you will be given more variety through painties, magic stickers, and costumes. I can give you a DA morphing potion if you can create a villager you wouldn't care about otherwise.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
9 Oct 2019, 12:23 pm
in I need some opinions (go to post)
I kind of go back and fourth from animals I connect with, animals I like the look of, and animals that I sort of see as friends in an odd way, or animals I've seen a lot.

To what Knights said, I would for one suggest looking at animals you can connect to in terms of personality. I'd also look at animals that you have sentimental attachment to because you've interacted with them and the memory sticks.

I used to have a few cats that I loved a lot (and thought were pretty) but they all of course died leading into my first fursona which was a cat. As I tried to develop him as a sona, I learned that I really liked how expressive felines were, and though about other expressive animals.

I knew I also liked dogs, and made my second sona a jackal, but I connected to him more as a "friend" rather than an insert.

My following inserts were just based off of the behavior of animals, and the expressions of them. I based them off of what I felt at the time. My current sona is a thylacine. Why a thylacine? I feel like if we're going to talk gen z, then I can relate to the fact that they're extinct :')

Dark jokes aside, marsupials have always fascinated me with their odd behaviors and expressions, and I often liked the face shapes of things like opossums, thylacines, and roos as well as their strange expressions.

Your sona also doesn't have to be fully you as an animal, but it can also be you stepping in the shoes of someone else. Allow me to elaborate.

I see my current sona as how I would view situations and how I would view general things. She has my similar thoughts and opinions. But she differs from me because I also see her as an alter ego; not someone that I'd necessarily want to be. I often view her as just a characterized version of my emotions, but more dramatic.

My sona is twisted, and I would never want to be twisted, but I do think that she still is simply how I view myself as an animal.

My last piece of advice is moodboards. Do you hear any song lyrics you can project onto not only yourself, but onto an animal version of yourself? Do you look at random things in a room your in and like them, or look at an image and like it?

Sorry that I got too corny with this, heh.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
2 Oct 2019, 9:47 am
in MYO thread for Snats (go to post)
Moon_Star

Thank you!
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
2 Oct 2019, 12:19 am (Edited 2 Oct 2019, 12:26 am)
in MYO thread for Snats (go to post)
I made another one, lmao

1569992786.phaleo_haeleces.png

Meet Haeleces, or Hae for short. As Pharogue is a writer and a gatekeeper, I've decided Pharogue once had a love interest who'd passed years ago, and he blames himself because he was too caught up in documenting things, and decoding writing, meanwhile his love passed in the middle of a fatal illness.

As a result, Pharogue ended up growing fearful of the symbols he'd been reading on walls of Snats' houses; had they been a sign? Maybe his wife would return to him someday as a ghost. But he'd figured that he'd have to stay outside to write in order to see her again; that sounded like a reasonable idea.

Eventually, Pharogue had became known for living around the strange graveyard gate; he'd even dug a burrow near the gate so he could do his writing work there, and he plastered the writing all over the walls of the gate, just so people would be respectful and stay out of the graveyard though.

This got little Haeleces curious about the guy though, as she'd passed him every time she'd gotten back from school. She decided to investigate Pharogue, only to learn by everything she'd seen that he was criminally insane; and she was in danger . . . Of being a messenger.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
1 Oct 2019, 10:37 pm
in h is letter (KEEPING ONE) (go to post)
RedlaSunShowers029

Alright! Enjoy Soundgarden.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
1 Oct 2019, 10:34 pm
RedlaSunShowers029

Sure! will 255kfc work? And before you snag him, I request you listen to this very wonderful and magnificent song to j̶o̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶p̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ hear a very wonderful song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0_zzCLLRvE
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
28 Sep 2019, 6:27 pm
in Tell us what your ocs sound like! (go to post)
h is letter
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
28 Sep 2019, 3:45 pm
in Selfies thread! (go to post)
Here's me at Yosemite National Park!

sibebe-rock-caves.jpg

Man, that was a good photo.

Here's another in my daily lounge!

113386501-rock-seat-in-park-natural-ston

I think I'm looking good as ever! Man, I rock at taking pictures!
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
28 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm (Edited 28 Sep 2019, 12:20 pm)
in Tell us what your ocs sound like! (go to post)
I'm not sure if this has been done before, but this thread is for either describing what your ocs sound like, or sharing some music on songs you associate with their story, or their voice.

-Make sure you show us the oc and tell us about them before you share your song, video, or description of their voice. If you don't have a picture of them, give us a description of what they are like.

-If you're sharing a song that you associate with your oc, make sure to use the bbc code "[url]link[/url] so mobile users can paste your song. And, hey, it can also be a way to share some great music!

-To keep everything more fun and interesting, try and interact with some people here. Tell them what you think of their oc, give them a critique, ask them why they associate song lyrics with an oc, just any type of interaction with people. You aren't entitled to give opinions, but if you have something to say about someone else's oc, say it!

-If you review someone's oc, give them reasoning to why you like or dislike the oc, and tell the human what you like about the oc. Your review doesn't have to be an essay, but you can't just say "@RDDGBXBGFB, I love Lily!" with no further elaboration.

-Don't be lazy! If you're going to share your oc, don't just give us the picture, and explain their voice; tell us about them. It provides good interaction, and clears up some confusion about your oc; it can also make them look more approachable to other people to give an opinion on.

Here are my ocs I wanted to share with voices;

15687361_KW5rZLH6K2Y1SuU.png

This is Rex, one of the antagonists in a story I'm currently almost finished with. Rex is probably one of the edgiest characters here, and probably one of the antagonists to add to that. He eventually fades into an anti-hero, but basically, he wanted to lead a multi-species clan because one of the heirs allowed it to become that way; you see, it's normally taboo for animals to lead clans that contain more than one or two species, as that could interfere with the bloodline.

And unfortunately since the clan leader had mated with a lower-class breed that the animals would classify as unfit for royalty, they ended up dumping their pup not long after he was born into a boneyard for a "sacrifice". Though Rex disagreed with the idea of royal hybrids, he also disagreed with the fact that the leaders had intentionally tried to kill their child for religious gain, and stomped off to save him.

Once he had saved him though, and the child had started to grow, (his name was Jinx as the clan leaders felt he needed a taboo name for not being a purebred) it became obvious Jinx was being raised to follow in his mother's pawsteps to lead the clan as a multi-species skulk, making Rex try to consider ways we could take it into his own paws.

Here's what I imagine his voice sounding like;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZmIAQ9l-mE

The other character I wanted to talk about was Phaleo;

16777480_XbGF5FkhBuRhb0A.png

Phaleo is actually my second fursona next to my other fursona, Slink (she's in my pfp), but the reason I chose Phaleo was because she has more of a twisted backstory. Plus, Slink's voice sounds like a more mature, less southern sounding version of mind, and I don't think I can describe that. Phaleo, on the other hand, sounds a bit like a sinister woman from a 70's movie that was in black and white that uses the words "sugarlump" and "cutiepie" . . . I don't really know how to describe it?

Imagine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pThe6IjN_qk

her, but more southern, and kind of raspy???? If anyone can send me a link on what I'm trying to convey here, then that would be fantastic, thank you.

Now . . .

Go show off some ocs and oc voices.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
27 Sep 2019, 9:43 pm (Edited 27 Sep 2019, 9:44 pm)
in name your favorite fictional characters (go to post)
As for fictional characters from actual canon things, I like Frog or Glenn from Chrono Trigger

300px-Frog_FMV5.jpg

I genuinely like characters that fall under the category of "honor", but there isn't really a reason why. I like strong characters though, and I think Frog is an interesting example. My thing about Frog though is that his backstory feels a bit cliche. Not because it's based off of a fairy tale, but because it tries to pity the player. And after this, there are characters that try to belittle him, for instance, the protagonist's best friend. It doesn't feel right, and makes some aspects dislikeable.

Doopliss from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

hqdefault.jpg

Why do I like this [insert cuss word insult I can't use on a PG game here]? Because he's an absolute freak of mean. I genuinely dislike mean spirited character,s bur Doopliss just feels more idiotic and childish rather than genuinely unlikable. I like the weird childish fun, even though he'd literally made the main character a shadow.

Qibli from Wings of Fire

9780545685474.jpg

I had to admit that before the fifth book of the second arc, I have to admit I genuinely liked Qibli's character. For all you dragon WoF people out there, take no offense to this ,as this is just my opinion; but I feel like most of the characters in WoF could be described as cliche cartoon characters, or as I like to call them, spoons, forks, and knifes.

A spoon is mostly all of the WoF protagonists throughout the series; you see, a spoon can hold things in it. It can hold things, but not enough like a ladel or a a cup ever could. This is a metaphor for the fact that they have depth. but not enough to be considered realistic. A fork can't really hold things-- but boy oh boy, can it stab! Fork characters are characters that seemed to have served no purpose, except to be henchmen. And that kind of felt like a lot of people in WoF. And then there's knives. They can't stab anything, nor pick them up. However, a knife can cut into meat; just like a villain could a dragon!

Don't get me wrong; I liked Burn and Scarlet Quite a lot.. But Chameleon? Morrowseer? Really???

I feel like by the tenth book, Qibli kind of died in character, and that really bums me out. He felt the strongest of these characters; he felt genuinely likeable.

Now that I'm done triggering a bunch of passive dragon lovin' teens, I'm gonna make matters worse and gush about one of my ocs!

1569044681.phaleo_ink_drawing.png

This is Ink . . . Or that's what she thinks. Ink had originally been a part of a clan, the Starstorm clan, and had been part of a group to execute the alphas of an already dying multi-species skulk, the Steillitiks/Solar clan. He, being the coward he was, didn't want to, but was dragged along anyways as there was a reward of pay. By this time, his real name had been known as Polio, and he had already been under the radar of many other clans.

By the time he'd helped kill the male alpha who was the same species as himself, a bandit, the rest of his bandwagon had ditched him to finish the other half of the murder. He was shameful, and ran off with one of the alpha's trinkets, a necklace with amber that had the embryo of a now extinct species. This will become relevant later on.

Anyways, I like him because I'm trying to teach myself how to develop traumatized skittish characters, and I think I'm doing an okay job?

That aside, arguments are very much welcome.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
25 Sep 2019, 9:23 pm
in What are you listening to? (go to post)
Silent Spring by Massive Attack
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
25 Sep 2019, 7:49 pm
in Snats group chat (go to post)
Moon_Star

Alright. Thank you!
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
25 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm
Moon_Star

Alright! I've got a lot of lore plans for this boy.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
25 Sep 2019, 7:40 pm
Oooh. Could Pharogue be a message writer, or someone who writes runes of the walls of things? Or prehaps a gatekeeper? I'm not sure of all of the snats lore yet, but yeah ^^"
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
25 Sep 2019, 7:34 pm
in Free Traditional Doodles (Closed) (go to post)
shortyginger

Oooh. I love it. I love how you drew my gelatin dragons!

Thank you for them both!
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
23 Sep 2019, 2:27 pm
moonboy

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be selling him or not, but I'll consider your offer~
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
23 Sep 2019, 9:04 am
Honey_Twist_

Hm, I'm not sure. I don't like giving my designs away for cash, and I have a lot of FC rgiht now. I also don't want to trade characters.

The most I'll accept for each character for 20-30 FD, a drawing of a character out of Story Related or decent item. I will also accept FR items/currency, but it depends on what you're willing to do ^^"
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
23 Sep 2019, 8:12 am
RoseGem

Alright. I'll list you to him.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
23 Sep 2019, 8:05 am (Edited 24 Sep 2019, 2:58 pm)
https://toyhou.se/CallistoCorona/characters/folder:972974

Edit: I've decided that I'm going to keep Vapor because . . .I dunno, I kinda like the guy even though I can't connect to him. I'm going to be keeping this thread alive though, because I'm probably going to consistently dump unwanted designs I made in this folder. I'll give an update once he's up for grabs

Hey. I designed a couple of characters recently. I wanted to write with them, but I ended up deciding against it because I couldn't connect with their designs. Plus, one of them is a joke based off a song.

"But, Callisto, you need to write about a character in order to connect with them!"

Though that is true, usually when I design something, I feel immediate connection to it, and there for feel like that the character is worth writing about.

In other words, I can't confirm it, but I think I'm gonna let these guys go, and I made this thread to see if anyone would be interested?

Sorry if I get unresponsive quickly. I mainly made this thread to ask people, but if I vanish, it means I had to leave to school.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
23 Sep 2019, 7:57 am
in Character design help? (go to post)
Personally, I think orange looks best, but I have a suggestion; perhaps the sclera could be yellow, and the pupil could be blue?
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
22 Sep 2019, 8:01 pm (Edited 22 Sep 2019, 8:01 pm)
Moon_Star

I could help maybe.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
22 Sep 2019, 5:32 pm
in Looking to return a paintie villager (go to post)
Jamester

That could be it, but I feel like the person would at least auction t or give it to someone rather than abondoning it. I dunno.

Alucard

Thank you! I'll try it.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
22 Sep 2019, 4:54 pm
in Looking to return a paintie villager (go to post)
Oregoncoast

Thank you very much!
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
22 Sep 2019, 2:45 pm
in The character below me (go to post)
Slink frowned for a bit, and stood up. "I most certainly *DO* have magical powers," she growled. crossing her arms.

"The character below me has some kind of relation to coffee."
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter