Chinchilla's Recent Posts

13 Jan 2019, 5:37 pm
in Lemme draw your weird anthro dudes! (go to post)
http://www.furvilla.com/villager/96707

My new villager could use some love if you'd like!
6 Jan 2019, 10:24 am
in Post an inside joke without context (go to post)
"Because you're the spare child."
28 Dec 2018, 10:47 am
in Anyone interested in Legacy Elaborate Swords? (go to post)
Not sure if they are sought after but I have two up for selling/trading. One is (52/108) and the other is (75/104). Would prefer pure FC/FD but I'll trade items if need be. No idea what to price them at so you pick. Take advantage of me, I don't really care.
9 Nov 2018, 1:53 pm (Edited 9 Nov 2018, 1:56 pm)
in how'd y'all find out you were a furry? (go to post)
I think it all started when I was a kid. I'd always adored animals and cool creatures. Then I found Neopets.... I loved making characters and idolized the artists on the site. My first attempts on digital art was on ms paint, allowing me to get into the amateur art community on there and Deviantart.
A bit later I found out what Anime was. Like most early to mid teens at the time I got hooked. I found Gaiaonline and fell head over heels for it. I made all kinds of characters on the site. At this time I found an anime I found charming. Hamtaro. I grew up with raising hamsters, so the fact that there was an anime about an adventurous hamster with loads of different characters, It was just too perfect.
I also found at this time that chinchillas were a thing. I fell in love with the little critters... I made a whole world of chinchilla characters similar to the Hamtaro anime. At that time I had a very close friend that was an anime nut like me, and suggested I make them more like they were human like living in a world where people were replaced with chinchillas. We thought we came up with the coolest idea by ourselves, haha. While my friend was a bit disappointed finding out there is a whole community already using that sort of concept, I was super stoked to learn more. I met a few nice people with similar clean furry art and I enjoyed making anthro characters with backstories to roleplay with them.

It was a long process, taking years of different interactions and insparations but the TLDR is basically I loved animals, got into digital art and found I could make anthro characters instead of "boring humans."

I understand that you're hesitant about joining a community that has some iffy concepts but honestly... For me, I see that every community of fans have those things that most want to sweep under the rug. They had that in the Anime scene when I was a super fan and I just figured "You can't change everything everyone does to make things perfect. Enjoy the good parts and don't associate with the assholes."
There will always be people looking for drama.
There will always be people that think they are the best representation of a community that really couldn't be farther from the truth.
There will always be sketchy people, or unflattering behavior, or immature outbursts...
If there is something in the furry community that makes you happy, then freaking go for it! Don't let people keep you from something you really enjoy. And if worse comes to worse, you can always leave. :3

Edit: Holy cannoli, sorry for the text wall!
9 Nov 2018, 1:16 pm
in Radioactive Rodent question (go to post)
Albedo said:
You have to use the radioactive rat plushy if you're going to use any part of it in your paintie.
That being said, you can splice the two bases together and it should still be viable to use on that base.

Oh yes, I do have the magic plush to transform my villager. Thanks for double checking though!
Okay. I was just worried because technically the chinchilla base is a special-ish villager.
8 Nov 2018, 2:22 pm
in What species are you? (go to post)
Chinchilla. If you couldn't guess... All chinchilla all the time.
8 Nov 2018, 10:28 am
It can have chinchilla aspects but needs to mostly be tmrkdent. You can possibly??? Use a shifty and commission or make a radioactive chinchilla different from the official one???,

So similar to what I did with some of my villagers with the mice? (I created them before the chinchilla was a real thing)
8 Nov 2018, 10:16 am
So I would love to have the Radioactive rodent but If you haven't guessed by my username I'd love it to be a chinchilla... Does anyone know if it's okay to use the Chinchilla base to make a radioactive chinchilla paintie if your villager is the radioactive rodent? Or do you have to use the rat base? If you do have to use the rat base, can you make it into a chinchilla?
26 Oct 2018, 4:03 pm
in Closed (go to post)
Maybe draw my Chinchilla plush boi?
10 May 2018, 10:31 am (Edited 10 May 2018, 10:32 am)
in Seeking demon art! [Paying in FC] (go to post)
I think I could do something, though I'm unsure of prices...

Examples of my art can be found here:
https://toyhou.se/Chinchilla/art
3 May 2018, 12:17 pm
in [H] Deadly Mons. Loot [W] Slime + (go to post)
Chinchilla
Thank you for the trade!

And thank you!
3 May 2018, 10:58 am
in [H] Deadly Mons. Loot [W] Slime + (go to post)
Are you willing to trade
2 Silver Wrist Hooks (3450 each, 6900 total)
10 Crystallized Tooth (340 each, 3400 total)
Equaling 10300fc
for
5 Bright Sky Dragon Scales (1250 each, 6250 total)
9 Dark Mythic Tablet (500 each, 4500 total)
Equaling 10250fc
2 May 2018, 10:59 am
in Any Animal Husbandry Guides? (go to post)
Oh, furcash homes never break.

I noticed thought that neither of your workers are set as animal husbandry. Are you maybe trying to switch between a job on one villager? A villager can only work one job at a time, and switching jobs has you wait 24 hours before you can switch them again.
2 May 2018, 10:46 am
in Any Animal Husbandry Guides? (go to post)
Not working. Also my husbandry badge is 50% opacility. Could thtah mean somethinok shes not set as worker.

Oh yes! That's because you're worker is either not a set worker or their house is broken.
2 May 2018, 10:36 am
in Not sure this is the place to ask but... (go to post)
Yes, because there's no breeding cooldown on males, so you'd only need one, whereas you'd need many females because of the cooldown.

Ah. Makes sense. Thank you!

When it comes to males, typically only rare and SR males are worth more than females. The highest rarity of one parent determines the chance of its offspring being a rarer color, and males have no breeding cooldown, so you only need a good stud for a harem of females. So, the best setup for breeders is to have a lot of common females, and one rare or SR stud.

Ah, Okay! Thank you for the info!
2 May 2018, 10:34 am
I'm not sure why people price things like that. You can buy or make a breeding potion to change the sex of the animal so im not sure why people think they're worth more ^^;

Well if the difference is more than 20k I can see that being a possibility but otherwise I'd see that as a waste of money...
2 May 2018, 10:21 am
Not sure this is the place to ask about marketing prices but...

Are female limited animals worth more than male ones? I looked in the stalls and there are three males of this critter for a lower amount than the cheapest female. Also the lowest female is a couple thousand more than the males.
I'm just not sure if I should price it according to the lowest price or the lowest female price.
28 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
Moving a village of chinchillas to Oceandome? What could possibly go wrong!
7 Dec 2017, 9:59 am
in 1st anniversary giveaway (WINNERS ANNOUNCED) (go to post)
username and ID: Chinchilla #1718

prizes you're entering for: Gotta go for that Custom paintie! and the 250fc so I can get closer to another villager slot!

favorite villager: CHINCHILLAAAAA

ping your friends!: Ixen Moonlit-Comet Not sure if you guys will show but who knows!
26 Jun 2017, 10:46 am
in ☆ klavier's painties ☆ (go to post)
Not a problem! Whatever helps!
23 Jun 2017, 9:16 am
Super happy with my paintie! Great interaction between the two of us to make sure I was happy with the end result. Surprisingly quick as well. 10/10 would recommend!

Sorry I didn't post this after the fact! Better late than never I suppose.

Keep up the great work!
(\___/)
(^ w ^)
(b___d)
16 Jun 2017, 2:01 pm
username and ID: Chinchilla (1718)
reference: I have two!
Old paintie
Ref sheet
requested base:
The chinchilla base!
other details: I have a list of tweaks from the chinchilla base that I'd like done.
The most important one is the nose. The nose on the base is no good. There's an example on Chinch's main reference (second link provided) but you can basically go off the guinea pig's nose and be good.
Chinch has no teeth. Weird, but true.
The tail I'd like to be bigger. Maybe have it reach up to thier shoulder in lenth? It can be more behind them as well if that helps.
Whatever color you make the whiskers, the three hairs on his chin should be the same.
Besides that you should keep in mind that Chinch is a plushie. It's not prominent but as seen on his old paintie there are some seams showing on the less fluffier parts.

I have the FD to pay now, so no worries on payment.