thePurple's Recent Posts

10 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm
in Show me your fursuits! (go to post)
Click me to see :)
Handmade by myself, hoo
0iv7KvM.png
10 Jun 2020, 8:49 pm
in Interest Check- Animation MAP (go to post)
Oh, that might be fun to try! I'm nowhere near a perfect animator though haha
0iv7KvM.png
29 May 2020, 5:28 pm
in purple's adopts n customs! 1 open (go to post)
Logan_the_Hellhound yep, FC equivalent would be fine!
0iv7KvM.png
29 May 2020, 5:25 pm
in purple's adopts n customs! 1 open (go to post)
Logan_the_Hellhound last bump was a while ago huh... lmao, whoops.
but yep, they're still open! For a base price for them, maybe somewhere between 100-200 FD?
0iv7KvM.png
29 May 2020, 5:22 pm
in ✩ Adopts & OC sales ✩ (go to post)
Vesker both have been sent! You can transfer the charas to thePurple (same UN as here ^^) on TH
0iv7KvM.png
29 May 2020, 9:48 am
in Characters Uft/s (go to post)
Pvffle
Heya! I'm interested in Biscuit and this friend..

Does anyone in [url=https://toyhou.se/thePurple/characters/folder:1331607]this folder[/url] interest you? If not, how would you feel about traditional artwork?
0iv7KvM.png
29 May 2020, 9:32 am
in ✩ Adopts & OC sales ✩ (go to post)
Vesker
Would you take a Paintie Ticket and 100 FD for them and them?
0iv7KvM.png
26 May 2020, 2:12 pm
in [T] Retired UC FDE pets for any uncommon pet (go to post)
snafflewyrm whoops, sorry about that! I should have enough now
0iv7KvM.png
26 May 2020, 9:24 am
in [T] Retired UC FDE pets for any uncommon pet (go to post)
Could I get:

2 Gaiacats
2 Kiwis
2 Firecats

please? I'll be paying in Maple Leaves, if that's alright!
0iv7KvM.png
26 May 2020, 9:19 am (Edited 26 May 2020, 9:26 am)
in Quitting almost everything free (go to post)
Could I have the Gold Fennec Fox pair, Yellow Corgi pair, and the Autumn Witchy in your menagerie, please?

edit: thank you so much!!
0iv7KvM.png
24 May 2020, 5:37 pm
in Lil' thieves Adopts | Open | FC/FD/PayPal/+more (go to post)
LittleThief Oh that's quite alright! Do you have a pinglist I could be on, though? Your designs are beautiful!
0iv7KvM.png
24 May 2020, 5:27 pm
in Lil' thieves Adopts | Open | FC/FD/PayPal/+more (go to post)
LittleThief Do you do holds? If so, could you put Alien Dog on hold for me for a day or so?
0iv7KvM.png
24 May 2020, 12:25 am
in Favorite ___ Pokemon? (go to post)
Lucario!

Favorite Pokemon that you feel everyone else always forgets about?
0iv7KvM.png
20 May 2020, 12:06 pm
in Favorite ___ Pokemon? (go to post)
my boy DUSCLOPS,,

Favorite pokemon with a wild dex entry?
0iv7KvM.png
20 May 2020, 12:03 pm
in What skills do you have? (go to post)
I know how to hunt and fish, I know my flora and fauna pretty well, I can speak English and know some Spanish, but uh... other than that, I'm kinda doomed.
0iv7KvM.png
17 May 2020, 12:21 am
in Best villager name above you (go to post)
Alti is tastey name...
0iv7KvM.png
15 May 2020, 12:17 am
in Utter Chaos (Art shop) [IMG HEAVY/PWYW] (go to post)
OH IT'S VERY MUCH GOOD!!!!! oh she looks absolutely fantastic!!!!! thank you so much!!!!!!
0iv7KvM.png
14 May 2020, 7:29 pm
in Utter Chaos (Art shop) [IMG HEAVY/PWYW] (go to post)
yooooooooo RoseGem how would u feel about doing an art lib candy, pastel, or flower gore piece with Purple for 150 FD? Here's her general toyhou.se page!
She can be drawn as anthro if you would prefer; a fullbody anthro piece of her doesn't exist rn but here is a decent picture of her shirt and then her pants can be just about anything that'd match lol.
0iv7KvM.png
13 May 2020, 1:49 pm
in taking offers on some characters (go to post)
will consider (in no specific order): FV items/currency, FR items/currency, other characters, art (specifically I love pixel art), or USD.

Violet is highly tentative!

[url=https://toyhou.se/thePurple/characters/folder:1331607]Click me to take a look~[/url]
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 10:56 pm
in Steam's RAD Art Shop - OPEN [AUD, ITEMS, PAINTIES] (go to post)
:waves: Hi I absolutely would die for your art and I have visited your FR thread but I wanted to tell you how much i LOVE your art here too.
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 9:38 pm
in Light vs Darkness (go to post)
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 9:34 pm
in Art improvement tips (go to post)
Morphie Chrome Canvas isn't too awful! I'd not judge you for your choice in program, don't worry <3 I just played around with it a little. It's definitely limited with brush options and I wasn't able to find a way to import images either, which is a bit weird. I'm assuming you're not able to download any other software onto your Chromebook since it's a school one, but that's ok! I started on MS Paint lol. I would recommend upgrading to something like FireAlpaca (free) or Clip Studio Paint (which costs money but I don't remember how much); I use FA personally and love it, but I've heard great things about CSP too. For now, though, keep practicing with what you have! There's nothing wrong with it, it's just not as in-depth. I think when my school had Chromebooks we sometimes used a program called SumoPaint? I don't remember a ton about it, but if you can access it, then maybe check it out, too.

If your tablet works it doesn't matter how old it is ^^ If you can use it, that's great! If not, I'd suggest saving up to get one that's newer, since they really do help. Mine is a Wacom that was I think $80? You definitely don't need a really expensive one, especially as just a hobbyist.

Another thing I'd recommend in general is to sketch and draw a lot traditionally ^^ Traditional art isn't any less than digital and vice-versa. Maybe try filling some pages or sketchbooks with drawings referenced from images on your Chromebook, or maybe print out some pictures and block out the shapes in them (like the ones that make up the head, body, legs, etc)?

Here's a pretty good, short YT video I found with some comprehensive tips: Click me!

Here's another video that's more about style but it's overall a good video for tips, too. Click me!

I hope this isn't too much or annoying ^^;
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 8:49 pm
Morphie What art program are you using right now? Do you use a mouse or do you have some kind of tablet?
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 6:20 pm
Morphie :

-Never be afraid to use references! Everyone needs to use them; no one perfectly draws from memory. And don't be afraid to deviate from your reference or combine it with other images to create the piece you want.

-Study real-life animals as subjects, even if the creature you want to draw does not exist in real life. For example: if you want to draw a dragon, you can study lizards (general body), bats (wings), and deer/antelopes (horns). Knowing basic anatomy is your friend!

-Tracing is *not* the biggest evil in the world. If you want to take an image and redline it to block out shapes to see how the artist (or animal in general if you're observing a photo) is shaped/constructed, that's ok! Really! But still, never post traced artwork without an artist's permission and always remember to credit the artist even if they've told you it's ok to upload.

-All art is good art. Everyone is constantly learning. If you're drawing, you're practicing, and you're doing something right. Remember to focus on the positives and to not be too hard on yourself when criticizing. If you wouldn't say it to someone else, don't say it to yourself!

If you ever want to talk to/ask me about art or ask for constructive criticism, my DMs are open (though I'm by no means a professional, haha) <3 Art is a journey! Remember to take your time~
0iv7KvM.png
12 May 2020, 5:43 pm
in Hug, kiss, marry, or kill the villager above you? (go to post)
hmm, i would say Hug :)
0iv7KvM.png