Sigilmancy's Recent Posts

13 Feb 2017, 4:24 pm
in serpent fest items & equipment (spoilers!) (go to post)
I wish I could get excited for the event but I am expecting it will be another event that is dependent on RNG and ridiculous odds.

Especially with those pets ):
Replying to something I said? Please ping me! I'm not likely to revisit threads unless I'm having a sustained conversation with someone, so I may not see it otherwise.
3 Feb 2017, 6:05 am
in 10k total explorations (go to post)
jgirl939

I have:

June who is sitting at 16,860

Artemesia at 36,980

James at 36,880

And Mara at 38,840

June was originally in Animal Husbandry but I switched her over to be the 4th explorer in my 10 active villagers so that's why she's so far behind the other three XD
Replying to something I said? Please ping me! I'm not likely to revisit threads unless I'm having a sustained conversation with someone, so I may not see it otherwise.
23 Jan 2017, 5:07 pm
in anyone else... (go to post)
With sites like this really, though, it's really only as 'fun' as you make it. Like, you have to set goals for yourself and find styles of play that suit you. I'm really only here for the hourlies for now, but that's because I'm saving up my money for stuff and the best way I can make money is that way.

Also others are right - the site is still a baby by comparison. The staff are still trying to figure out what does and does not work, trying to take on feedback and add things here and there, and yes there's supposed to be a new event in February that'll hopefully make things a little more exciting so there's that to look forward to as well ^^
23 Jan 2017, 3:17 pm
in Did you know? (go to post)
I've got 3 words for you - dune decomposition chimneys.

Elaboration - a few years ago a kid was walking on a sand dune and took a wrong step and was basically buried alive. He survived, but in the process of trying to figure out what happened they discovered something interesting but freaky. Basically the sand dune is expanding because of the winds coming off the lake shore it sits upon, and as it does it's burying the surrounding forest. So as these trees are buried and dying, they're rotting from the inside out leaving hollow tree trunks buried in the sand. Step on one and you basically fall into it, and the sand will collapse in behind you, and boom you're buried alive.

The last time I was looking into this it was only noticed/described on the same dune where that kid was buried alive, but I believe it has the potential to happen anywhere a sand dune or desert has expanded and buried trees if I remember correctly. Also the sand dune where it happened has more of these things so the dune has been closed to the public since.
22 Jan 2017, 9:33 pm
in What's your persona's/fursona's eye color? (go to post)
Green. Specifically a sort of deep, forest/pine green ^^
18 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm
in POLL!! zodiac + village (go to post)
Pisces in DMM
16 Jan 2017, 6:38 am
in [TW: Self Harm/Suicide] Alternatives to Self Harm (go to post)
necronomicon

You're welcome. I know I love my reusable ice cubes, they're good in drinks and when I need something to hold to help keep me grounded as well. Plus they're super cheap and you get a ton of them for not a lot of money so that's always nice ^^
16 Jan 2017, 6:19 am
in [TW: Self Harm/Suicide] Alternatives to Self Harm (go to post)
It's very brave of you to talk about this, not many people do. There was a time in my life when I was where you are, including seriously trying twice to end things and (perhaps thankfully) failing to do so.

People already mentioned ice and rubber bands and such, similar tools can be very good as alternatives. My therapist told me basically to distract myself from the feelings, so that it's not the only thing on my mind that's overwhelming me. I turned to video games, which became sort of my coping mechanism for all my problems. And then as I got healthier, I turned to other things. A really good measure of my levels of stress and anxiety is how much I clean and/or cook/bake, for example. If I'm super stressed I can tackle my entire bathroom in a day or cook enough to last me a week because it's a distraction from what I don't want to think about while allowing me to be 'productive' instead of sitting on my bum playing video games all day.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is maybe a distraction will work for you too. Find something you're really interested in that you can do any time without worrying about waking people or whatever, and whenever you get the urges to self harm go do that thing. Maybe arts and crafts type of things like knitting or whatever, or turn to music/tv shows/video games as a way to put your mind somewhere else so you're not thinking about it.

Also, instead of ice cubes try getting something like these that are reusable. If people ask you can say they're for their intended use, and that way if you need ice but don't have any on hand you at least have a few of these in your freezer that you can handle. They're also much safer on bare skin than just pure ice and they don't make as much of a mess as they thaw.
8 Jan 2017, 8:39 pm
in what are your weird triggers (go to post)
People in general raising their voice at me and/or just making any kind of tone of voice or body language or words that make it seem like they're angry/disappointed/similar emotions but trying to hide it.

Like, if I think at any given point irl someone is actually mad at me or disappointed in me it's just terrible. Most of the time I will promptly sit down if I'm not already and start crying. A bit of a coping mechanism, my mother was/is verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive towards me and breaking into tears was/is the only way to get her to stop. Basically my mind learned that angry/disappointed and similar emotions = the verbal/mental/emotional abuse is incoming = better sit down and cry because sure you'll be called a crybaby but that's better than the other shit that could happen and that stuff won't happen if you cry.

Also, one I've never been able to explain because there's no real 'cause' for it but it is serious enough to make me physically sick - the sound of someone brushing their teeth. In person or on tv, if I hear that sound or people gargling and such more than once it's made me lean over and puke even if I wasn't feeling sick previously. I have one of those water pik systems and what my dentist calls a 'soft' brush that doesn't make any noise when I brush my own teeth and that tends to take care of the issue with me, but it's kind of hard when I'm around other people to ask "Hey so when you brush your teeth can you shut the bathroom door and like let me know so I can distract myself because the sound of it will make me vomit" especially when they don't understand and I don't really have a way to explain why it is, just that specific noise is a thing that does not good stuff when I hear it so.
26 Dec 2016, 8:50 pm
in Do you read instructions? (go to post)
It really depends on what it is - some things I know what they are and how they work so I don't bother, or they're very straightforward for 98% of people like the automatic can opener I got for Christmas and the instructions won't tell me anything I don't already know.

If it's something complicated then yeah, I'll read the instructions. Bookshelves, for example, because I don't know how to do that off the top of my head and I really don't need the shelf collapsing on me and crushing the non-book things I keep there >.>
18 Dec 2016, 3:43 am
in Similar sites to Furvilla? (go to post)
I started on Neopets. It was cute, I remember having some plushies and such when I was playing, but as I grew older and it began to get more strict I looked for other places. So then I found GaiaOnline. I had an orly hat and the posters and stuff, it was awesome. But then Gaia started to get more commercialized, they shut down parts of the site that I liked and never brought them back up, so I quit.

After that I found Subeta. Subeta was nice, until they introduced custom wearables. Because then that's all the site became about, and I really hated it because I am not an artist and wanted site items for my collections, not the custom stuff. Finally it was over to Flight Rising, where I'm still sitting happily to this day.

And now is the time when I'm playing actually more than one of these pet type games at once. I'm on FR, I'm here on FV, and I'm over on a site called Tattered Weave. It's a nice place, small and still in beta, and I like that it's more about focusing on one pet (called kith there) at a time than it is about having as many as possible. You get one to start, you work with it until all of its stats reach a certain point and then you unlock another slot and you go from there which I find really amazing in terms of a concept for a pet site.
15 Dec 2016, 8:49 am
in Wow, the "Slow" Festival is Slow No Longer! (go to post)
I've been here enough to see 300 then 400 and now 500 and climbing. The lag at 500 is worse than at 300, but not nearly tot he extent it was yesterday.

I think the removal of the recent forum posts helped quite a bit, and I'm sure the staff are doing a lot of back end work in order to make sure things don't lag as terribly. I suspect when we get into 800 or 900 people territory it'll be slow again, but hopefully nothing like it was before.
15 Dec 2016, 8:47 am
in Fairies after the festival? (go to post)
Tyranatart

So far I haven't heard the staff clarifying this, but hopefully they do soon. The news post doesn't say but I'm hoping too it's not a matter of use them or they vanish once things are over.
15 Dec 2016, 4:48 am
in Event guide? (go to post)
DaDwarf

"All items retire on December 29th. Plushes and Furniture items will not be re-released.

Mini-Pets have a 1 Day Cooldown until 12:00 PM on December 29th, in which they become unbreedable and retired.

Fairies are obtained from the Explore and Warrior features, and begin with a 20% drop rate, decreasing by 1% with every fairy found to a 1% drop rate. This resets at the beginning of the next day. Fairies will drop until December 29th."

Taken directly from the news announcement. So this is the only time to get these plushies and furniture, I'm assuming that they won't come back for next year's festival. The minipets are iffy, it says they become unbreedable on the 29th but it doesn't say they won't be re-released so they may become breedable again during next year's festival.

The fairies will drop until then, but we're still not sure right now if they'll vanish after that point if people keep them or simply become unusable or if we'll be able to stash and use them later or whatever.

That's all the information there is right now, but hopefully the staff will clarify more in the future since these kinds of questions do keep coming up.
14 Dec 2016, 12:55 pm
in Snow Festival Items! (go to post)
Faunicorn

I'm hyped too, I can't wait for this to start. But yeah I just thought with so many people wanting the snow to stay telling the staff that we'd like it as a permanent option under our choice of themes might be a good idea XD
14 Dec 2016, 12:52 pm
Faunicorn

That's why I said option, so people can have snow year round if they want or others can do the spring flowers and whatnot if they want to too down the line :)
14 Dec 2016, 12:50 pm
JasperCat

The change log said noon, but it's already past noon site time so either noon is subjective or there's a delay in getting things started. We're all kind of hoping that the change to the site header means it'll start in ~10 minutes though!
14 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm
For those who want the theme to stay even after the festival - submit that to the suggestions under 'contact us'. I'm sure if enough of us do it then maybe it'll become a permanent option along with the site default and our village theme in user settings if that isn't already what the staff plan to do ^^
14 Dec 2016, 12:45 pm
in The site looks so pretty now (go to post)
I had to do the ctrl+f5 hard refresh for it to show but yeah it's there. Hopefully this is a step towards us actually getting the festival up and running but until then it is very pretty indeed ^^
8 Dec 2016, 10:36 am
in i thought painties said panties (go to post)
I remember this was a pretty common thing back when the open beta registration was happening because like everyone I knew read it the same way at first. I actually haven't thought about it in a while because I guess you just adjust in time? But now that the site's fully open I have a feeling there's going to be threads like this popping up all the time because I'm sure most new users will read it the same way XD
8 Dec 2016, 10:28 am
in Favorite Dish? (go to post)
Burgers. Beef or turkey, and you can top them so many ways. My favorite right now is with harissa sauce with a little ranch, lettuce and some swiss cheese on top with a mix of sage and rosemary rolled in the patty before it's cooked.

My cousin makes these amazing blue cheese stuffed burgers too. He rolls the patties really thin and then molds them together around the blue cheese center before he cooks them and they are downright amazing.
8 Dec 2016, 10:24 am
in where u get ur avatar from (go to post)
A very lovely person named spiderkiss over on tumblr drew mine. It's of my Inquisitor from Dragon Age Inquisition, his name is Lycoris and I <3 him very much
8 Dec 2016, 10:22 am
in It's cold (go to post)
It's 28 (f) here, and my weather app says today's high is gonna be 34 and the low tonight 25 so not too bad. Also looks like the lowest they're predicting at least until next Tuesday/Wednesday which is kinda nice :)