kmcallah's Recent Posts

4 Apr 2017, 3:29 pm (Edited 4 Apr 2017, 3:29 pm)
in Oh no, you’ve run into a swarm of Ladybirds! (go to post)
You've literally run into a swarm of ladybirds, and now you're unconscious.
robots are cool
4 Apr 2017, 12:28 pm
in Anybody else loving the random events? (go to post)
I'm enjoying it. It gives me a reason to actually explore because something mildly interesting may happen. I'm somewhat surprised this wasn't a feature from the very beginning.
robots are cool
17 Mar 2017, 9:16 am
in Serpent Eggs Hatching! What did you get? (go to post)
I feel nervous about removing the eggs, I guess I expected there to be a "hatch" function on the dailies page or some further instructions rather than depending on a community forum thread.
robots are cool
11 Jan 2017, 4:04 pm
in QUITTING FREE STUFF (go to post)
I guess any plush you haven't given away yet would be cool
robots are cool
10 Jan 2017, 5:57 pm
in Selling at a Loss? (go to post)
I personally use my stall as a sort of secondary storage in a way, so I try to keep my items so that they sell above the buy back price, otherwise I sell things like common minipets for the measly 10fc from the site rather than waste my stall space on something very cheap that I could get maybe 1fc more for immediately and not wait on them to sell.

I don't think there is necessarily anything bad about selling for so cheap, especially the items which only sell for 10fc with the buy back anyway. But I do think that these items people struggle with finding space for (like the cheap exploration items, etc) bring in a lot more money much more quickly when sold by the thousands back to the site, rather than sitting stagnant in the stalls or only bringing in a quarter of what they could be bringing in (had to show one of my pals how much money they could make from selling their ~2000 candycorn to the site instead of waiting on other people to buy it, 20,000fc in just a second is great)

I suppose I'd compare it to the hoard-selling which is a great way to get money in Flight Rising, but usually people sell stuff that has absolutely no value outside of being sold that way.

In the end I just don't like to sell at a loss because of that blaring red icon when something is priced too low,,, plus I think it sells eventually anyway.
robots are cool
8 Jan 2017, 7:49 am
in Joining Deviantart... Taking the leap (go to post)
The best thing I've ever done on dA and recommend is join some small groups of the same fandom/s I'm in. It gives a sense of a smaller community rather than worrying about the overall largeness of the site, and you can meet some really nice people that way without feeling overwhelmed.

This is a good suggestion, you'll also set yourself up if you decide to take commisions to have ties to people who would be more interested in your stuff than the entire website as a whole.
robots are cool
6 Jan 2017, 10:38 pm
in Lore? (go to post)
I've been wanting to, I think the villages in Furvilla have some potential for great lore or roleplays.
robots are cool
5 Jan 2017, 11:05 pm
in Monster Petsite Design Survey (go to post)
Did the survey and followed your development blog. I'd love to follow this even if you doubt it'll come into fruition any time soon.
robots are cool
5 Jan 2017, 10:41 pm
in i found a way to improve the site color scheme (go to post)
I actually like the Furvilla color scheme it could just stand to be a bit darker, I can't really stand a light text on a dark background
robots are cool
5 Jan 2017, 10:17 pm
in i found a way to improve the site color scheme (go to post)
So much easier on my eyes
robots are cool
5 Jan 2017, 10:03 pm
in My state isn't weird I swear- (go to post)
That happens here in Georgia most of the time.

But it makes sense, if the area is not prepared to salt/brine all the bus routes for public schools, or if there are shaded/sloped (icy) residential areas (like where I live) and not even the teachers can make it to school....it makes sense.

Yeah, that one inch can quickly melt and cause icy roads and pathways. If the state is not ready for that with anti-icing resources it can become dangerous. I believe that the relatively warm ground melts the snow underneath the top layer, so while it looks okay it can lead to slips.

Weather.com - Are snow flurries more dangerous for drivers than snowstorms?

I live over here in North Carolina and we're going to get a little snow this weekend... I think it is especially dangerous in a way because we don't get snow very often so no one is super prepared but we get it often enough that people don't think it is a big deal and head out anyway driving normally. I actually slipped on some black ice (when there was barely any snow as it was all melting and I figured it would be okay to go out) while I was driving last year but thankfully nothing happened.

Better safe than sorry I suppose, it sucks to miss a day of Spring break or whatever but the school doesn't want you getting hurt due to their negligence.
robots are cool
1 Jan 2017, 9:32 pm
in January Contests || Decoration Challenge (go to post)
ZIhOTpq.png

Kutzel's house

Attempted to make a typical Dragonsmaw forest with a graveyard for those lost to the monsters many years ago... There's still a bit of ice and snow but the more temperate Dragonsmaw climate is melting it away already. Despite the cold weather, it seems like someone has taken the time to throw up some decorations.
robots are cool
1 Jan 2017, 9:13 pm (Edited 1 Jan 2017, 9:14 pm)
in FINISHED! (go to post)
My favorite minipet is the Smiling Kritty! latest?cb=20160711020319&format=webp

Or maybe the Demon Manti!! latest?cb=20160710151753&format=webp

There's so many which I love... I actually ended up missing out on a lot of the festival as I was in the hospital and while I didn't even breed a Dirty Snowpet it honestly surprises me that there are quite a few Decorated ones...

BrittneyTTR
robots are cool
26 Dec 2016, 11:54 pm
in PETITION TO CHANGE THE FD EMPORIUM PET SYSTEM (go to post)
I like the prices, I just think there should be less new ones per month... In a year, the amount of FDE exclusives would be equal to the amount of regular species, if 5 are added each month. I think 2 or 3 a month is a good and obtainable number.

I agree with this, less pets a month would be nice. 500FD is $5.00 and isn't too terrible in my opinion, it is just seeming impossible since if you wanted all 5 and both sexes you'd have to drop 5000FD ($50.00) on the pets alone, and that is if you actually get both sexes the first time...

Though it is a bit questionable in my eyes that these pets cost more than it costs to submit a paintie at the moment? I suppose painties are meant to be more easily obtainable but these pets are going to be so difficult to get anywhere with in terms of the rarer colors.
robots are cool
8 Dec 2016, 11:51 pm
in $$$ instead of FD?? (go to post)
You can totally post your art for sale here for real currency, The things you can't sell on Furvilla for real money is basically everything (your account, items, villagers, username, etc.) except for painties. Painties are free game, as they are considered artwork.

http://www.furvilla.com/rules || under Accounts.
robots are cool
8 Dec 2016, 7:49 pm
in Best Furvilla mayor? (go to post)
Edgeland Mayor I love him.
robots are cool
8 Dec 2016, 2:35 pm
in Animal Husbandry Fails (go to post)
My two animal husband.. ers have never been good at collecting animals. It really stinks, I think even if you've had them for a long time and they've collected a lot of animals in the past they'll still usually fail to collect one.
robots are cool
7 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm
in New FD Pet Assistance (go to post)
This is a really neat idea, I'm thinking about buying a couple of the bearded dragons soon but I'm really picky about what I spend even virtual currency on so I feel like waiting for whatever reason.
robots are cool
7 Dec 2016, 11:29 pm
in Shiny Seviper Giveaway! (Winner chosen!) (go to post)
Number one please?
robots are cool
7 Dec 2016, 11:26 pm
in kihdz onlee (go to post)
robots are cool
7 Dec 2016, 11:25 pm
in New Beta Tester Forum Vista (go to post)
What vista I've never heard of such a thing ?
robots are cool