swadloon's Recent Posts

5 Jul 2020, 11:40 pm
in redesign vs. scrap and start over? fursona edition (go to post)
Spiritual

idk! i don't really think so, but i don't know what else ~~feels~~ right y'know?
like i think my original idea was cool, and had a ton of lore around it, but that's kind of it. like i'm not emotionally attached as i think i could be / would like to be. but i don't know what that other thing is.

i keep kind of doodling around but i've not really hit anything that inspires me to keep going
"even someone like me can do something to help"

☄ kody/scout - sensitive mini adult - they/them - 23! ☄
beta tester, so i guess i know stuff

find me on twitter and on toyhouse!

tumblr_lrsg9iwjbD1qbz42yo1_r1_250.gif
5 Jul 2020, 11:06 pm
in redesign vs. scrap and start over? fursona edition (go to post)
wow this subforum is pretty dead lmao.

i've grown really out-of-touch/disconnected from my original version of my fursona, scout. a huge part of this was that they were hard for me to draw, tbh, especially compared to bronx who was like, a quasi-sona.

i've redesigned them and simplified a lot, but i'm still not feeling connected. but i have no idea where to start-- if i redesign again, try the old design, or just scrap the character and start over!!

if i start over, i have a few ideas of species i'd like to try (mainly dogs, rabbit, and sheep?) but i really don't know. i'm active in some furry spaces but this is one of the only ones where people communicate back so i don't know how many people i realistically can bounce these ideas off of lol

5 Jul 2020, 10:17 pm
in open&accepting || the city of ______ || furry RP (go to post)
(hi oops i abandoned this lol

snuffle_puff yes! coming as your own OC is highly encouraged! :)
Hozier please do!!

@ both of y'all-- there's more information on my toyhou.se account, as i built a world for it there! my links in my signature are broken rn because i went on a mass name change, but there's a lot of information [url=https://toyhou.se/SWADL00N/characters/folder:1375922] here![/url] )

26 Jun 2020, 7:31 pm
in selling ALL characters! (usd, trade) (go to post)
atilla no worries, yeah i am! :D

9 Jun 2020, 6:34 pm
in [b] a ton of art [h] my entire FV account (go to post)
buying:

art of all kinds of my sonas in this folder: https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:416813 and story characters in this folder: https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:1375922

looking for character designs for both the linked story above as well as OCs in general!

have:
1.9mil FC and growing!
900 FD and (slowly) growing
villagers and/or painties (please ask! some painties are attached to characters so are no-gos)
characters in this folder: https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:953219
whatever is in my stall, toybox, menagerie, button or sticker albums.

minimal amounts of currency/items/etc. on flightrising, chickensmoothie, awyas, and a few other sites (subject to their off-site trading policies, unsure if any of them has altered policies since i stopped playing!)

please ping me!

9 Jun 2020, 6:25 pm
in ~A Smol Lil Art Shop!~ [USD/FD] (go to post)
omg i love your stuff. could you put me on a pinglist?
i have a lot of characters i'm looking to get art of (including a few character designs / redesigns) and i'd love to comission you at some point!

9 Jun 2020, 1:34 pm
in what do you think she is?? (go to post)
i'm writing a story? rp universe? who knows? and have been collecting characters for it!
i just got a new one that i really like, but i can't... quite tell what she is lol.

19470877_wMvJaVt7tXTfyAZ.jpg
my brain says wolf but i think i'm wrong? (i know there's not really a right/wrong in this situation lol)

what do y'all think she is

9 Jun 2020, 12:36 am
in selling ALL characters! (usd, trade) (go to post)
hey! would you be willing to take FD for jacquelyn?

8 Jun 2020, 9:24 pm
the door to Crossroads opened suddenly, the bells tied to the pushbar inside jangling loudly. felicity struggled with her umbrella, trying to get the broken thing to close, 'til it finally snapped shut. felicity shook it "dry" into the street, then slipped into the coffeeshop.

the opossum was comically little, short and thin with this long and wild hair tied into a messy ponytail and giant glasses on their tiny face. their ears were pretty giant, pierced and poked with stretched lobes, little rings climbing up the outside of the ear, and a few studs in other places-- seemingly unplanned, maybe a result of a drunken night, but not clashing. at the end of their long nose was a delicate silver septum clicker with a little opalescent gem in it.

the uniform today, like most, was dark knits and layers. a long, baggy brown turtleneck was tucked into tightly-belted plaid dress pants, loose fit but tapered in to the bottom, then stuffed into doc martens. on top of this was a darker grey fisherman's style cardigan. absolutely swallowed in their clothes, felicity looked like a little kid playing a very sad version of dress-up. it was only a half-right thought.

"ah, good morning, mrs. rasputin! lucky you to live so close-- the rain is awful out there today." felicity mumbled, pulling her bag around to her front to fish for her wallet. behind the counter, the rosy mrs. rasputin chuckled. "the usual, felicity?"

"yes, ma'am, please." the opossum finally landed her hand on her bank card, watching mrs. rasputin's work carefully, not in anticipation of a mistake but just in pure interest.

"16 oz. americano, room for cream." mrs. rasputin said, felicity following her to the hand-off point in the counter. she took it gently in her hands, nursing it to the add-in bar and carefully stirring in the cream.

the shop was quietly humming, hushed conversations with an occasional uproar of laughter from some adamo students in the corner, already spreading out across a huge table for an exam of some sort this early in the semester. felicity settled into a two-top by the window, pulling out her work/school laptop to tear through some shitty code to grade. taking a moment to watch raindrops race on the window, felicity put an earbud into one ear, listening to mrs. rasputin pull the handle to the coffee grinder and the sounds of the shop with the other.

8 Jun 2020, 8:54 pm
(open! feel free to jump in when you're able to-- no posting of profiles required, but you can if you want!)

8 Jun 2020, 8:52 pm (Edited 8 Jun 2020, 8:53 pm)
today (in-game) is

monday, september 15th, 202X.
it is the late morning / early afternoon. it's rainy outside, but a comfortable temperature.

events around town / things to watch out for:

quarter wings at frankie's closet @8pm
adamo university women's soccer game at home @4pm
(inside the field house due to the weather)

8 Jun 2020, 8:47 pm (Edited 5 Jul 2020, 10:25 pm)
the rotating cast
(as you bring characters into the story, this will be updated with a little blurb about the character.)

player characters
these are the characters that we bring to life-- our OCs! feel free to join as yours.
felicity klein -- a north american opossum. born somewhere in the appalachians but moved away as a young sprout. 26 year old perpetual graduate student studying areas of computer science that you don't really understand. teaches undergraduate students said areas of computer science for next to no money and resents it greatly. 4'11" and a little too skinny. long dark hair and thick coke bottle glasses. played by swadloon.
vincent lee / woojin lee-- a (very pale) brown bear. born on the east coast to conservative immigrant parents, vincent moved to the city chasing a boy shortly after college. though the relationship didn't last, he got tied down here and now works an office job as a social media coordinator for some company you haven't heard of, probably. known around town for his preference for women's clothes ("they're cute!"), vincent isn't the most well liked. still, on social media, where he goes by his korean name woojin, all 72,000 of his "friends" all love to see his adventures.

semi-playable characters*
*characters i made to be NPCs in this game but now want to develop. feel free to play them as needed (to move a scene along, as cashiers/runners in the coffee shop, etc.) but know that their characterization may change as i develop them further.

yelena "lena" rasputin -- an ussuri raccoon-dog. the middle-youngest daughter of the crossroads coffee family (three girls, one boy). one of the two rasputin children born stateside/as US citizens. lena is newly 19 and a part-time freshman at adamo university. really, really shy, but really really loves k-pop. good luck.

non-playable characters
move them as you need-- mrs. and mr. rasputin, as well as valeriya, work in the coffee shop. annie and nate are regular visitors, either to come help in busy season or because they're visting the family home above the shop.

mrs. and mr. rasputin (late 50s)
anfisa "annie" rasputin (oldest daughter, 30)
nestor "nate" rasputin (only son, 25)
valeriya rasputin (youngest daughter, 17)

8 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm
welcome to the crossroads
info to know:

- this is a semi-realistic* furry slice of life RP. much of the action will take place at crossroads coffee, though other viable locations could include adamo university (home of the navigators), the offices on fifth avenue, frankie's closet (aforementioned gay bar), or, really, anywhere you can get your friends to follow you.

- though the city remains unnamed, the vague setting is within the united states. other real-world countries exist, so your character could easily come from russia (like the rasputins), south africa, indonesia-- the world is truly your imagination!

- no literacy requirement or length requirement, but please write in third person (he walked, she moved, they smiled, etc.) and give others enough to reply to.

- be kind to the roleplayer behind the character.

- unless they are accompanied by an adult, please have your character be 16 or older.

- rules / guidelines / information can be added as thing progress.

- credit to the game Koshka's Kofe and their team for the idea behind crossroads coffee (russian-family-owned coffee shop). also for being v cute.

--

*semi-realistic meaning that there's no magic system in this universe beyond personal/cultural belief (i.e., a character being wiccan/pagan/someone who practices witchcraft). characters based off of real creatures are encouraged and will fit better into the world, but created species such as DADs or hybrids won't be rejected!

8 Jun 2020, 7:57 pm
the city of _____ is, by some standards, depressingly average. not too small as to have any charm or any coalition of old ladies who know everyone's business, but not big enough to really have any attractions other than the half-hearted museums the tourism board tries to push.

but, there is you.

maybe you work at the gay bar on the east side that's hanging on by a thread. maybe you're a student at the university in town that draws 5,000 of the most bland 20-somethings from the tri state area each year. maybe you work in one of the nameless offices that tower in the 15 storey buildings that pop up in the ashes of family owned businesses. maybe you do something else entirely, or do nothing at all.

but, there is something that draws you all together.

in the northwest corner of the city-center neighborhood (what a mouthful, right?) is a little coffee shop. fiercely family owned by the rasputins (no relation to the mad monk, they're pretty sure) called crossroads coffee. for whatever reason, you are deeply loyal to this little shop and this little family. they do just okay-- never in danger of closing the doors, but rarely doing "well", leaving little for them to invest in the bells and whistles other cafes have around here. but this is your home away from home.

whether it's game night, an open mic, or the weekly AA meeting, there's always someone here for you. there is always a place for you here.

8 Jun 2020, 6:20 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
thinking about redesigning my main oc scout but that also feels... idk, scary?? do i want a new version of them or an entirely new character? if i want a new character, is it in addition to or instead of scout??

i jokingly call myself a closet furry but like i don't talk about furry stuff to my friends so idk who to talk to about this redesign.

also i have to pee!!!

6 Jun 2020, 8:54 pm
in The Ych and Badge Shop | Open | FC+FD+PayPal (go to post)
hey LittleThief -- could I get a Pride YCH of Scout with this flag or this one (both the same, just different numbers of stripes lol) for the 500kfc?

4 Jun 2020, 1:23 pm
in Lineko's Commissions [CLOSED] (go to post)
Lineko -- if you feel comfortable with that, please do!

3 Jun 2020, 11:07 pm
in h: characters, lf: art! (go to post)
owoozlebamboozle
so i have no idea what kind of dollmaker or picrew or anything i used to make TBN, so i decided to take them down entirely. but, i can absolutely trade shaped like a friend to you for some art! with your style, i'd really like if you could do a piece of scout, bronx, or one (or both if you're willing-- i can throw in some FC or FD!) of the characters from [url=https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:953214]this folder[/url] (if it glitches, it's the gardenworld folder under 02.)

3 Jun 2020, 10:38 pm
owoozlebamboozle -- shaped like a friend is fine! see cr0w's post and my comment below about tbn !

cr0ws -- shoot thank you for bringing that to my attention (dollmaker rules). i'll look over those and try to make updates as able / take down what's needed (i've had a few of those for awhile and am unsure of what dollmakers were used).

for alaska since the non-dollmaker art isn't super high quality i guess i'd be looking for maybe like a bust or half-body? whatever feels right for you really! i'd mostly either be looking for art of scout or bronx!

@ both of y'all --

i'm gonna pause and go try and fix some of my credit-ing issues and check what can/can't be used!
sorry about that, big oversight on my part.

3 Jun 2020, 10:07 pm
in ★ character sales/trades!! ★ (go to post)
cr0ws said:
shika
ahh sure!! sent them over adkgfhj enjoy!!

omg thank you so much ;A;

i'll be sure to take care of them well!!! thank you!!

3 Jun 2020, 9:44 pm
in ★ character sales/trades!! ★ (go to post)
cr0ws

hi! would i be able to grab https://toyhou.se/6005510.luca ?
they're super cute!
i would probably age them up (just bc i like my characters to be closer to my age) and either have them be in the same universe as my main sona Scout (and OC in progress felicity) or in the same universe as my secondary sona bronx!

3 Jun 2020, 9:37 pm
hi hi!

taking offers on the following characters:

-https://toyhou.se/727864.kumako (including FV villager)
-https://toyhou.se/4895046.saige (including FV villager, no add't art)
-everyone in https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:953215
-everyone in https://toyhou.se/shika/characters/folder:953219
- http://www.furvilla.com/villager/147884 this villager and attached character

lf:
art of Scout and Bronx, or other characters on my Toyhou.se
considering character trades

3 Jun 2020, 9:20 pm
in Lineko's Commissions [CLOSED] (go to post)
super interested but need to make a little bit more money for a mixed payment! i'm going to sell some stuff / grind a little and i'll be back

15 Apr 2020, 11:04 pm
in selling villagers [FD, FC, and art] (go to post)
bump

15 Apr 2020, 11:03 pm
in [w] Character Reference Sheet (go to post)
bump!