MOD-Kaleo's Recent Posts

16 Jul 2020, 5:48 pm
in Beach Party Art Contest Discussion Thread (go to post)
Hello everyone! This is the thread to ask questions regarding the Beach Party Art Contest!

Art Contest Mods
MOD-Kaleo
MOD-Thaleia

Please do not PM us with questions! Feel free to ping me if your question has been unanswered for over a day!

The deadline for entries is August 31st, 11:59 PM Furvilla time.
4OdS5qe.png
Terms of Service | Site Rules | Change Log | File a Report | Contact Us
Please feel free to contact me if you need help with anything!
16 Jul 2020, 5:48 pm (Edited 16 Jul 2020, 5:49 pm)
in Beach Party Art Contest! (go to post)
This thread is for the Beach Party Art Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts! Any and all posts that are not entries will be deleted.

Hi guys! It's me, Kaleo, and I'm here to bring you the Beach Party Art Contest! I'll be joined by MOD-Thaleia in judging this contest!

We're looking forward to everyone showing off their artistic skills! We've provided a few theme ideas for your consideration:
- Cold Beverages
- Ice Cream
- Summer Fun

Rules:
1. Any AND all entries MUST be drawn by you AND ONLY YOU. Tracing of other art, use of clip art, textures, or other elements that are not created by yourself are not allowed in the picture, the art must be 100% yours. Photography, even if made by yourself, is not allowed either. Standard texture brushes that come with the preferred art program are an exception to this rule.
2. You are welcomed to use your friend's OCs with permission. You may also use Furvilla's mayors in your artwork.
3. Art from the Furvilla site itself is not allowed in your picture.
4. If you have any questions, please post them in the Beach Party Art Contest Discussion Thread
5. You are allowed to enter as many times as you like, however you may only win once.
6. Any art currently entered in Fur Idol or art that has been entered in Fur Idol in the past is NOT allowed to be entered for the Art Contest.
7. Only one entry per post, please.

Prizes:
- Three winners will receive Art Contest Trophy, 1000 FurDollars and choice of any 3 current or Retired FD Pet Boxes.

The First Place Winner will also receive this very special prize to go with the general prizes listed above!
4796-furvilla-sticker-pack-series-1.png

End Date: 31st of August, @ 11:59 PM Furvilla Time
4OdS5qe.png
2 Apr 2020, 4:45 pm
in Hippity Hoppity Art Contest Discussion (go to post)
Hello everyone! This is the thread to ask questions regarding the Hippity Hoppity Art Contest!

Art Contest Mods
MOD-Kaleo
MOD-Thaleia

Please do not PM us with questions! Feel free to ping me if your question has been unanswered for over a day!

The deadline for entries is April 30th, 11:59 PM Furvilla time.
4OdS5qe.png
2 Apr 2020, 4:44 pm (Edited 2 Apr 2020, 4:45 pm)
in Hippity Hoppity Art Contest (go to post)
This thread is for the Hippity Hoppity Art Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts! Any and all posts that are not entries will be deleted.

Hi guys! It's me, Kaleo, and I'm here to bring you the Hippity Hoppity Art Contest I'll be joined by MOD-Thaleia in judging this contest!

We're looking forward to everyone showing off their artistic skills! We've provided a few theme ideas for your consideration:
- Eggs
- April Showers
- Mimicry

Rules:
1. Any AND all entries MUST be drawn by you AND ONLY YOU. Tracing of other art, use of clip art, textures, or other elements that are not created by yourself are not allowed in the picture, the art must be 100% yours. Photography, even if made by yourself, is not allowed either. Standard texture brushes that come with the preferred art program are an exception to this rule.
2. You are welcomed to use your friend's OCs with permission. You may also use Furvilla's mayors in your artwork.
4. If you have any questions, please post them in the Hippity Hoppity Contest Discussion Thread
5. You are allowed to enter as many times as you like, however you may only win once.
6. Any art currently entered in Fur Idol or art that has been entered in Fur Idol in the past is NOT allowed to be entered for the Art Contest.
7. Only one entry per post, please.

Prizes:
- Three winners will receive Art Contest Trophy, 1000 FurDollars and choice of any 3 current or Retired FD Pet Boxes.

The First Place Winner will also receive this very special prize to go with the general prizes listed above!

End Date: 30th of April, @ 11:59 PM Furvilla Time
4OdS5qe.png
30 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm (Edited 30 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm)
in The End of an Era Art Contest Discussion Thread (go to post)
Hello everyone! This is the thread to ask questions regarding the The End of an Era Art Contest!

Art Contest Mods
MOD-Kaleo
MOD-Thaleia

The deadline for entries is December 31st, 11:59 PM Furvilla time.
4OdS5qe.png
30 Nov 2019, 9:11 pm (Edited 12 Dec 2019, 10:49 am)
in The End of an Era Art Contest (go to post)
This thread is for the The End of an Era Art Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts! Any and all posts that are not entries will be deleted.

Hi guys! It's me, Kaleo, and I'm here to bring you the The End of an Era Art Contest I'll be joined by Thaleia in judging this contest!

- Birthdays
- Apocalypse
- Flu Season

Rules:
4. If you have any questions, please post them in the The End of an Era Art Contest Discussion Thread

Prizes:

End Date: 31st of December 2019 @ 11:59 PM Furvilla Time
4OdS5qe.png
23 Jul 2019, 7:17 pm
in It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest DISCUSSION (go to post)
Hi Sealterbloind ! Welcome to Furvilla!

Making art of characters you don't have on Furvilla is fine as long as they are appropriate to the site (as in SFW and you have the rights to the character, etc!) and your piece fits one of the overall contest themes! We want people to have creative fun with these contests.

Hope that helps!!
4OdS5qe.png
21 Jul 2019, 12:58 am
atilla
Yeah! Feel free to enter as many times as you want. C:
4OdS5qe.png
1 Jul 2019, 3:32 pm
Hello everyone! This is the thread to ask questions regarding the It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest!

Art Contest Mods
MOD-Kaleo
MOD-Thaleia

The deadline for entries is August 1st, 11:59 PM Furvilla time.
4OdS5qe.png
1 Jul 2019, 3:31 pm (Edited 2 Jul 2019, 2:41 pm)
in It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest! (go to post)
This thread is for the It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest! entries only, please do not reserve posts! Any and all posts that are not entries will be deleted.

Hi guys! It's me, Kaleo, and I'm here to bring you the It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest! I'll be joined by Thaleia in judging this contest!

- Beach Party
- Fireworks
- Space!

Rules:
4. If you have any questions, please post them in the It's Too Hecking Hot: Art Contest! Discussion Thread

Prizes:

End Date: 2nd of August @ 11:59 PM Furvilla Time
4OdS5qe.png
7 Apr 2019, 4:34 pm
in Welcome Spring Art Contest Discussion (go to post)
Blaire
Yes, absolutely!
4OdS5qe.png
3 Apr 2019, 6:29 pm
reygan-kiwi Red-Panda

Hey, thanks for the question! You guys retain the rights to any artwork you create and submit to the contest, so you're free to do as you please with the work after the contest ends! But we do ask that you keep the rights and do not sell the art until the winners are announced. After winners announced, it's all good!

Hope this helps!
4OdS5qe.png
2 Apr 2019, 4:46 pm (Edited 2 Apr 2019, 4:47 pm)
KilljoyLights
Ah! We've been working behind the scenes to make the Writing Contest a bit more fun and exciting! I've received word that we'll be posting the threads a little later tonight! Gotta nail those last details. Stay tuned!
ヽ(・∀・)ノ

(Pseudonym is working on it and has been distracted by a laser pointer!) (≧▽≦)
4OdS5qe.png
31 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm (Edited 2 Apr 2019, 5:22 pm)
in Welcome Spring Art Contest! (go to post)
This thread is for the Welcome Spring Art Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts! Any and all posts that are not entries will be deleted.

Hi guys! It's me, Kaleo, and I'm here to bring you the next Art Contest: Welcome Spring! I'll be joined by Thaleia in judging this contest!

- Spring!
- Medieval!
- Jazz!

Rules:
3.Art from the Furvilla site itself is not allowed in your picture.
4.If you have any questions, please post them in the Welcome Spring Contest Discussion Thread

Three winners will receive Art Contest Trophy, 1000 FurDollars and choice of any 3 current or Retired FD Pet Boxes.

End Date: 1st May @ 11:59 PM Furvilla Time
4OdS5qe.png
31 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm (Edited 31 Mar 2019, 10:21 pm)
Hello everyone! This is the thread to ask questions regarding the Welcome Spring Art Contest!

Art Contest Mods
MOD-Kaleo
MOD-Thaleia

The deadline for entries is May 1st, 11:59 PM Furvilla time.
4OdS5qe.png
5 Jan 2019, 9:03 pm
in Winter Wonderland Writing Contest Discussion! (go to post)
Red-Panda
No! Doesn't have to be in a Google Doc! It's just an option if some people would prefer, or if it's on the lengthier side. Posting it as is in the thread is fine.
We do ask for a Google Doc if it contains potentially sensitive (but not banned on FV) content, such as depictions of blood or gore, but that was more of a thing for the Halloween themed contest, haha.
4OdS5qe.png
29 Dec 2018, 12:30 am
Galaxywolf269
Ah, yeah, it's mean to specify things that would fit in on the original Shifty rules; thus anything that doesn't require one of the special Shifties! So no humans, but basically anything else goes! We wanted to make it open so people could utilize the majority of their characters, but no humans. :3

And no, you don't need to mention where in FV it takes place! I mean... We take it on good faith that if you're submitting the story, you're implying that it takes place in our universe. You know? We don't need to know that your story is set 14 miles outside of Dragonsmaw Manor or anything.

Hope this helps!
4OdS5qe.png
27 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm
Question and Discussion Thread

This is the place for you to post any questions, comments or discussions you might have involving our current Writing Contest, the Winter Wonderland Writing Contest!

Official Writing Contest Mod

MOD-Kaleo

Please do not PM your questions about the writing contest please keep all questions in the discussion thread for the current month.

Feel free to ping me though, especially if there are a few replies that are unanswered, as I sometimes forget to check. ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
4OdS5qe.png
27 Dec 2018, 1:23 pm (Edited 29 Dec 2018, 12:35 am)
in Winter Wonderland Writing Contest! (go to post)
This thread is for the Winter Wonderland 2019 Writing Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts!

If you have any questions, please post them in the Winter Wonderland Writing Contest Discussion Thread!

The writing contest is back! Yay! We're celebrating winter, there's fresh snow everwhere, thus... It's the Winter Wonderland Writing Contest and it runs until January 31st 2019 @ 11:59 pm Furvilla Time!

THEMES

- Deck the Halls
- Life in Snow
- Cozy Comforts
- Toasty Beverage

The themes are left open and vague to inspire creativity so everyone can get those writing juices flowing!

RULES

1. Any entries MUST be written by you AND ONLY YOU. Plagiarism of any kind is against contest and site rules.
2. Use of other people's characters is permitted as long as you provide proof of their consent in the form of a screenshot in your entry. (A link to the screenshot is fine.)
3. Entries must fit an official monthly theme to be eligible for the contest.
3a. Entries must be situated in the Furvilla universe, but may take place outside of designated/specified Villages. Thus it must contain any kind of characters that could be found on Furvilla; if it is an existing species or could be uploaded onto an original Shifty, it'll be fine. This means no humans or anything that would require a Primordial Shifty! But basically there's still loads of freedom outside the basic and rare species found here on Furvilla.
4. All Furvilla rules regarding content allowed on site must be followed, no exceptions, not even for creative endeavors.
5. Entries must be 500-2000 words in length to qualify as a valid entry.
6. Unlimited entries are allowed but each player can only win once.

Once you have your entry ready to go, either post it in this thread directly or post a link to a Google Doc! Make sure you have the sharing options set to allow us to view it if you use a Google Doc, or we won't be able to view and judge it. :3

PRIZES

3 Winners will receive the prizes listed below!

- Entry will be featured in a special section of the Knowledge Base
- Contributor Trophy
- 1000 FD
- Any 3 Pet Boxes

End Date: 11:59 PM on Janurary 31st.
4OdS5qe.png
5 Mar 2018, 9:06 pm
in Shifting Seasons Writing Contest Discussion Thread (go to post)
greyspit As long as there aren't depictions of alcohol being consumed, I don't see a problem. Maybe allude that it's a bar that has a family friendly area? I mean a lot of them do, right...? Ahahaha. Either way, no consumption of alcohol, but if they're just chilling there, I don't see why not.

And you can absolutely use words about culture or whatever, I doubt it'd break immersion that much! :P Plus who's to say that the citizens of Furvilla didn't have similar art movements? Hehe.

Shadowangel Yeah, feel free to write about Maple! As a quick note, Maple is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns. But feel free to include them! :)
4OdS5qe.png
20 Feb 2018, 7:38 pm
in Custom Shifty Descriptions? (go to post)
Hey, SilentPrincess828 I moved it for you! Just make sure to title it properly. c:
4OdS5qe.png
4 Feb 2018, 10:39 pm
MariahKat Ahaha, I wasn't involved in picking the themes this month! But hey, dinosaurs are great, right?

Oliver_Woolfe Characters that you don't have as villagers but would fit in the FV universe would be fine. So long as they fit into the lore, it's fine! So no humans or elves, but, as long as it could be made as a Paintie (whether on base or a shifty) it's fine. I don't think proof is necessary, as long as they're your character! We just want proof of permission if you're using another person's character.

WinterBliss / Oliver_Woolfe Please keep them to 2,000 characters or less! We will check them to make sure. No multi-parters, either. I mean, you are welcome to make more than one entry! But if it's just part 1/part 2/etc., that's basically just skirting around the word limit and not fair to other users who stick to the limit. ;3; Sorry. That's not to say the stories can't be related, however it needs to be reasonably separated enough for us to be able to judge it as a stand alone piece. So your second part could be read and judged on its own without relying on information from the first one.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you guys have more questions! :3c
4OdS5qe.png
1 Feb 2018, 6:23 am (Edited 1 Feb 2018, 6:24 am)
in Shifting Seasons Writing Contest! (go to post)
This thread is for the Shifting Seasons 2018 Writing Contest entries only, please do not reserve posts!

If you have any questions, please post them in the Shifting Seasons Writing Contest Discussion Thread!

Hi everybody! It's time for the next writing contest! It's called Shifting Seasons and it runs from February 1st, 2018 until March 31st, 2018.

THEMES

- Serpent Festival
- Love
- Change / Metamorphosis
- Dinosaurs

The themes are left open and vague to inspire creativity so everyone can get those writing juices flowing!

RULES

1. Any entries MUST be written by you AND ONLY YOU. Plagiarism of any kind is against contest and site rules.
2. Use of other people's characters is permitted as long as you provide proof of their consent in the form of a screenshot in your entry. (A link to the screenshot is fine.)
3. Entries must fit an official monthly theme to be eligible for the contest.
3a. Entries must be situated in the Furvilla universe, but may take place outside of designated/specified Villages. Thus it must contain any kind of characters that could be found on Furvilla; if it is an existing species or could fit the Shifty Paintie rules, it'll be fine.
4. All Furvilla rules regarding content allowed on site must be followed, no exceptions, not even for creative endeavors.
5. Entries must be 500-2000 words in length to qualify as a valid entry.
6. Unlimited entries are allowed but each player can only win once.

PRIZES

4 Winners will receive the prizes listed below!

- Entry will be featured in a special section of the Knowledge Base
- Contributor Trophy
- 500 FD
- 2 Retired FD Pet Boxes

End Date: 11:59 PM on March 31st.
4OdS5qe.png
1 Feb 2018, 6:23 am (Edited 1 Feb 2018, 6:24 am)
Question and Discussion Thread

This is the place for you to post any questions, comments or discussions you might have involving our current Writing Contest, the Shifting Seasons Writing Contest!

Official Writing Contest Mod

MOD-Kaleo

Please do not PM your questions about the writing contest please keep all questions in the discussion thread for the current month.

Feel free to ping, especially if there are a few replies that are unanswered, as I am sometimes dingy and forget to check. ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
4OdS5qe.png
8 Dec 2017, 10:13 pm (Edited 8 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm)
in Winter Writing Contest Discussion Thread (go to post)
Angeleina
It needs to be set in the Furvilla world! It doesn't have to be an exact location, like don't feel restricted to put it in an exact Village, but it needs to be the Furvilla universe/world! It's fine to be vague, like, "a small forest on a snowy mountain," but yeah!

Using other's OCs with permission is fine! Please do provide proof of your permission, a link to a screenshot where you clearly ask them and they give consent is fine. Just put the link to the permission at the beginning of your story! :3

Shinymoo Laz
There aren't humans in the world of Furvilla. Please no actual humans in the stories, as established, these stories take place in the FV world. As far as describing characters with 'humanoid' traits, um, I suppose that's fine? It's just for the narrative. But please keep to the rules that would apply to Painties; therefore a traditional centaur would be far too human, it would need to be more like a Saggitari or another kind of like, animal centaur. If that makes sense? Like you could have a dog 'taur or whatever. You're not restricted to only species available as Villagers, especially since we have Shifties! But just keep the limit of humanoid traits/no humans thing in mind please.

Sanguine_Dragon
Post your entries in this thread! :3

Fluzzy
No, you don't need to use both themes! You can, if you'd like, but you're welcome to choose just one of them. We wanted to be more vague to give people more creative freedom, and we know not everyone celebrates the winter holidays, which is why there's a more generic winter theme as well!

Your characters will always remain your own. By entering, the only thing you grant us permission to do is repost your entry in the Knowledgebase, with your full credits attached, if you are a winning entry. But no, it still belongs to you!

wolfpup8384
Read over the rules in the first post of this thread, write a story fitting the guidelines and theme(s) listed there, and then post the entry in the thread once finished!

Sorry for the delays! I got wrapped up in Anniversary hype! There were too many party hats for a simple squid to take in. So shiny. So pretty.

Anyway, I hope this answers all the above concerns, and as always, please post if you have any other questions or need any further clarifications!!
4OdS5qe.png