Betta's Recent Posts

20 Apr 2018, 4:41 pm
in ▫▫▫Fʟᴏʀʀᴇɴ Aᴅᴏᴘᴛs ❀✿❀ OPEN ▫▫▫ (go to post)
Fiskie Khisyra shadowwolfgem Sadrain WoofAlekseev clownplant @Onivern Sandia MoonChild07 Maizey @678yui SourPlacebo Insanity_Rocket Isi Dawnan Christovski Jennifer Jifi-Dawg Dis Toni_Mallory @Dei Sqidney Ziraous @Muffet stars_will_fall redblackpawprint Yara Admiral Daggerzzzz @CyanSapphire ThystLodagi Laz Fragile Narwhalie Beoof

hey everyone! Sorry to ping you to what is... not exactly super active anymore, whoops.
I have a bit of news concerning a potential revamp and move to DeviantArt - well, to be specific, I'd like to know if that's something anyone would be interested in (or oppose).
Now that a lot of life stuff is out of the way for me, I have a lot more time to create designs! Unfortunately however, I've noticed that FV's playerbase is... very small, to say the least. I don't think I've seen more than 100 people online at once in months. That's unfortunate for a lot of reasons, but for Florren specifically because I'd like to be able to share the species with as many people as possible!

So, in short, there are a few options. The first being to move the species to DeviantArt, which would allow a lot more freedom, possibly guest artist slots, MYOs, etcetera. It's a chance to expand. The tricky part will be getting a foothold, as closed species on DA are a dime a dozen.
The second option is to stay here, where I know for sure there are (at least a few) people who are interested in the species. It's comfy, it's home, and there's a much smaller risk of being buried by other closed species - goodness knows there are a lot on DA. However, since Furvilla is a slowly sinking ship, we won't be able to stay forever.
Lastly, there's the option of just letting the species die because good gods betta this would be like the third species revamp for the same concept what are you DOING

So, with that out of the way, here's what I'm asking:
(poll) Should we stay or should we go?

Please answer the poll if you have time to do so! And if you have a few minutes after that, please consider posting in the thread as to why you chose what you did, any suggestions, etc. - I want to know what would be best!

Thank you so much for your time and for sticking with the species through the hiatus!!
-
-
-
by_dovalore_by_teacupbetta-damajpi.gif
text_divider.png
[they/them pronouns please]
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
22 Nov 2017, 12:13 am
in not enough pumpkin guts returned? (go to post)
I've gotten 50 back of my 5,000+. :/
Maybe more will return over time?
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
19 Nov 2017, 12:52 am
in Good petsites to join? (go to post)
Goji
Oohhh, I haven't heard of that one! I'll go check it out! :D Thank you!

Hazardous-Axel
I've been seeing ads for that one too, I think a friend of mine has an account there... I'll have to ask them about it. Thank you!

RadioactiveAcid
Ooh, sounds cool! I love lore-heavy sites! Thanks for the suggestion, I'll have to check it out!

Krissim
Yeah, I bought a beta code from someone on here, I'm really excited about it! I completely forgot about that there, haha. Thank you!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
18 Nov 2017, 10:40 pm
in Good petsites to join? (go to post)
Other than furvilla, flightrising, chickensmoothie, sylestia, dragoncave, aywas or eldemore, I mean. Preferably with custom content of some kind.

short version - some FR drama went down, I'm fed up with the management of the site and if I'm not banned for the tirade I went on against the staff I'll likely be quitting and liquidating everything. FR was where I spent most of my time online and I've already tried to get into the other sites above and fallen out of them (I still play furvilla, but not a whole lot unless there's an event going on) so I'm looking for somewhere else to spend my time! Any good petsites or whatnot people can recommend?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
14 Nov 2017, 11:04 pm
in Post your latest piece of art! (go to post)
ori_by_teacupbetta-dbtsf19.png
Not sure how it'll show up on the white post background, but I drew an Ori! :D no I didn't just find out about the new game that was announced in July, what are you talking about. I am absolutely not hyped for something with no given release date. Lies and slander.
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
7 Nov 2017, 2:16 pm
in Grant a Wish from the User above you! [Forum Game] (go to post)
Granting!
- fd
-wooden greathammer
-rusted steel
-pumpkin guts
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
7 Nov 2017, 12:16 pm
in Excess Candy (go to post)
I've been discarding all of mine! I've gotten almost 300,000 recycle points from this past week or so alone... which is super nice, because I just started getting into the Warrior career and I need all the elixirs I can get my hands on. :)
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
7 Nov 2017, 11:45 am
in Favourite paintie of the user above you? (go to post)
snowshoees
Alari Tiiril is amazing! :D
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
6 Nov 2017, 6:30 pm
in Best drop you've gotten from battling recently? (go to post)
I got an opal ring the other day, it has a socket and gives my warrior more endurance! Also, my first ring!
Also managed to get the steel greathammer I was grinding for to drop shortly after that. :D
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
6 Nov 2017, 2:54 pm
in What's your uncommon fandom?? (go to post)
Wakfu! :D
It's a good show (don't be turned away by the beginning, it gets better!) based on a fun game but not many people are into it; they almost didn't have a season 3. ;v;
For something animated in flash, it's really charming.
AnimatedDecimalEft-max-1mb.gif
There's also a cute little spinoff series called 'Tales of Kerubim' that you can find on youtube! (Unless it's been taken down since I last watched it over two years ago, haha.)
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
5 Nov 2017, 9:43 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2017, 9:45 pm)
in What are your site goals? (go to post)
- get painties done and uploaded for all my ocs []

- get my warrior fully decked out in the best gear []
- side goal 1: get another sword of discourse, level to 1000x durability before converting [x]
- side goal 2: get another shield of discourse, level to 1000x durability before converting []
- side goal 3: obtain an 'enchanted to be awesome' ring
- side goal 4: ALL THE HAMMERS.

- get a nice, fancy custom CSS for my page and all my villager pages []

- make a vista []

- revamp florrens []
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
5 Nov 2017, 10:56 am (Edited 5 Nov 2017, 2:33 pm)
in Warrior Career Drops [feedback & posting welcome!] (go to post)
Just had an Opal Ring drop from a Mimic in Wandering Monsters III !

EDIT: just realized that mimics have their own post and that opal rings were already on that post. I'm so sorry >.<
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
3 Nov 2017, 10:23 pm
in [pwyw] quick sketches for pumpkin guts/food-closed (go to post)
xxShadowJackalxx
Aaa, I'm so glad you like it! :)
It's perfectly fine with me if you use it offsite! I'd prefer if you credit my deviantart or my Tumblr (my URL is teacupbetta) but if crediting here is easier for you that's fine too!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
3 Nov 2017, 9:27 pm
xxShadowJackalxx
zindra_by_teacupbetta-dbsnpij.png
Here you go! :)
Turned out not being a sketch, haha.
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
3 Nov 2017, 1:44 pm
in Post your latest piece of art! (go to post)
azelix_sticker_by_teacupbetta-dbsk5od.pn
besides pwyw sketches, this is my latest doodle! I tried a new style with my main oc, and I'm kinda happy with how it looks.
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
2 Nov 2017, 11:25 pm
Galra
Your sketch is complete! :)
alec_by_teacupbetta-dbskev3.png
I hope you like it! This was my first time drawing dreadlocks, so I'm not sure how they came out. If you want anything changed, let me know!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
2 Nov 2017, 1:27 pm (Edited 2 Nov 2017, 1:28 pm)
in How Well Known are You in FV? [GAME] (go to post)
BeakyBirds
8/10
I've seen you around on event threads and just in general! Enough to notice you've changed your icon/vista recently, but not enough to know if it was yesterday or a couple days ago. C:

AverageFurryFan , ninja'd!
4/10
I've seen you around a couple times!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 10:39 pm
xxShadowJackalxx
Alright! That'll be fun expression practice, I can't wait! :D

I mean... I won't say no, but are you sure? there's a pretty good market for them right now and I certainly don't want to screw you out of it.

Yup! :D
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 10:11 pm
Manitka
I'm really glad you like it!! ;w; she was a blast to draw, what a cute character!
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 10:10 pm
xxShadowJackalxx
I can do that! :)
Just to clarify, you'd like her expression to be a little irritated, not happy or bubbly?

Also, please don't worry about the fertilizer!! I need the pumpkin guts so I can make the fertilizer so I can sell it for that sweet sweet furcash, I'd feel really bad if I took your fertilizer and then went and sold it. ;~;
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 10:02 pm
Manitka
Your sketch is done! :D
manitka_by_teacupbetta-dbsgf5r.png
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm (Edited 1 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm)
Updated the first post with more info, sorry I was so vague! ;v; I feel like maybe I misled some people; I didn't intend for this thread to be like a serious commission thread, this is for quick sketches for a few pumpkin guts! I'm really sorry I wasn't more clear; if anyone would like to back out, I totally understand.
That said, at this point slots are pretty full; y'all who are still interested, I can set up a waitlist and ping you for slots before I open the shop to everyone else?

Pig
Oh wow, that's really generous! :0 I'd have to see the character to know for sure ;v;

Seabreeze_thefox
Any amount of guts is enough for something! There's no minimum :) what you get depends on the character/the amount you send, but 2k is a lot!

Infernette
What a cute character, sure thing! :D

Khoufu
Oh gosh, I've never drawn a turtle before, so I don't know how it'd turn out, but I can certainly give it a shot! As I said though, slots are pretty full at this point (I'm pretty sure I'm a few over the three actually? oh well.) so are you alright with being on a waitlist? I'm sorry aaa

MariahKat
Sure! :D Would you be okay with being added to a waitlist?

@EvoryGrimoir
ok! :D would you be ok with being added to a waitlist?

StrayChowChow
aaa I'm sorry, I didn't specify it very well in the original post but this thread is for quick doodles, I'm sorry. I edited the original post to better clarify what I meant, my bad! I'm sorry.

Manitka
Sure thing! :D Cute character btw!

ryttu3k
I'm not the best at antlers but i could definitely give it a shot! Are you ok with being added to a waitlist?
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 5:51 pm
Manitka
for a fullbody, probably something like 1k for a sketch and 2k for color+shading? That depends on the character too of course, if it's a simple character it'll take less guts to get more quality! Hope that helps, sorry!

Emerald2000
There isn't a minimum amount, I just ask that you don't be super insulting about it! ;v; pretty much anything will get you a doodle of some kind!

Galra
Sure thing! tbh idk what that'll get you either, as I haven't drawn the character yet and I don't know how hard it will be for me to draw the character, if that makes sense. ;v; I'm sorry that's not much help...

xxShadowJackalxx
like with clean lines or lineless or a sketch? I should probably clarify this shop is mostly for sketches, and I'd show that in the examples but I don't have any super recent sketches, just full pieces ;v; I can do a proper piece though! As with above idk how much tbh, I just kinda..... wing it. this is super informal whoops.
tl;dr - i have no clue what im doing what kind of art do you want, like how finished?
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 5:32 pm (Edited 1 Nov 2017, 6:43 pm)
my alchemists are using pumpkin guts way, way too fast and my herbalist is terrible at her job, whoops.

anyhow, I'm in need of some pumpkin guts! I'll also take candy or other food items as payment, or just plain FC/FD, but the main focus is pumpkin guts.

This is PWYW, but what you pay determines how much effort I'll put into your piece! Just send a transfer/trade with your offer and I won't accept until your art is delivered!

here's my deviantart gallery so you can get a few examples of my art style!

Please note that the purpose of this thread is for sketches, of around this quality (with variation based on guts/items/currency sent); I just linked my DeviantArt gallery because my style has changed a lot since the time I drew the sketch pieces and I'd like to keep as up-to-date as possible!

slots: closed
- manitka (manitka)
- galra (alec)
- xxshadowjackalxx (zindra
- infernette (thomas

waitlist: open
- khoufu (peego)
- mariahkat (saturn)
- evorygrimoire (poca)
- straychowchow (mothy girl)
- ryttu3k (syrneas)
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png
1 Nov 2017, 10:19 am
in Send something random to the person above you! (go to post)
snending (snail sending)
-
-
-
text_divider.png
flightrisingdeviantart
text_divider.png