KingScrafty's Recent Posts

9 Sep 2018, 6:29 pm
in My First Fursuit (go to post)
It looks great so far! Well done!

If I were to suggest anything though, I'd say blending! To get a top-notch head you have to blend blend blend. Carve the foam until it's smooth all over, with very few sharp edges and next to no square parts (unless of course that's the style you're going for! I saw an excellent pixel suit once)
painties_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4i.pngy_by_headsmashscrafty-dbtweu3.pngart_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4o.png
12 Jan 2018, 9:25 am
in King's Commissions | Closed (go to post)
TigTigrou
I'm really sorry, I don't! I have too much work to take any more either.

zombiegirl34
No problem, I should be able to get those done next week.
painties_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4i.pngy_by_headsmashscrafty-dbtweu3.pngart_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4o.png
11 Jan 2018, 7:22 am
zombiegirl34
No problem!
11 Jan 2018, 3:00 am
zombiegirl34
Would you still like the slots?
8 Jan 2018, 4:40 am
zombiegirl34
I do, yes! I've hit a bump with my work so it could take a few days to complete, but if you leave whatever characters you'd like here I can get to them as soon as I can!
7 Jan 2018, 6:26 am
Laz
Received!!! Thank you!
6 Jan 2018, 9:58 am
Laz
1515254183.kingscrafty_laz_headshot.png

How does this look?
5 Jan 2018, 7:32 am
Laz
No problem! I've popped you on the list and I should have it done in the next couple of days.

@everyone else: 2/3 slots remaining!
4 Jan 2018, 1:33 pm
Bump!
4 Jan 2018, 10:35 am
Hi all! I'm currently in need of a bit of petty cash for a gift, and I've come up short by about $8... So I'm opening 3 headshot commissions usually priced at $7.
You will be paying through my Ko-Fi, so it's nice and secure. Please please please check beforehand (leave a comment here) before you pay! Otherwise you may be waiting a few days before I get to your art, and if I've already filled slots, you'll be getting a sketch instead.
First come first serve!
I will not be doing names (seen on some of my examples).

Here are examples of my flat pieces:
competition_prize_by_headsmashscrafty-da
i_eat_boys_for_breakfast_by_headsmashscr
2 Jan 2018, 3:16 pm (Edited 2 Jan 2018, 3:18 pm)
in how to deal with phobic parent? (possible TW) (go to post)
I'm bi-ace and since I came out to my parents they've started watching what they say (jokes or no) and my dad doesn't say anything homophobic anymore..... But I can tell my mother is still here and there. She's accepted me for who I am (I'm very lucky) but goes quiet when I mention anything LGBT, and she..... Let's say, has her opinions.
I'm quite close to my mother, so if I just say "that wasn't nice" or "please don't say that" she apologises and clams up and we avoid any conflict. It wasn't always like this, but I don't know if you can do the same... It's not the best option, but you can always sit down with her and say something along the lines of "I know you have these deep-rooted opinions that I can't change, but I just don't want you to voice them around me or my friends. I don't like it" - my mother got the hint but you may have to be more direct with yours. I know it's pussyfooting around the issue but some people just can't be changed.
Otherwise attitude may work? You don't like the way she rolls her eyes at The Gays™ so perhaps you could start rolling your eyes at her opinions? She'd eventually get fed up. However, don't do this unless you're sure you won't get in serious trouble for doing it because I don't want you getting hurt

Honestly I never understood the issue with it. They were thinking about maybe doing the first gay Disney princess (aren't there 27 or so straight ones?) and people were up in arms..... Like bih unless this unmade character has kicked down your front door at 2am demanding you join in a gigantic lesbian orgy (I would like to hear if she had tbh) then what is the PROBLEM
31 Dec 2017, 2:31 pm
in Vague/Cursed/Obscure Images (go to post)

This isn't cursed it's relatable
30 Dec 2017, 3:21 am
in King's Paintie Premades | Available (go to post)
PuddleSplash
No problem, send it over and I'll PM you with everything you'll need.
29 Dec 2017, 1:57 pm
PuddleSplash
Sure thing! Are you paying in FD or USD?
Once I recieve payment I'll message you with a paintie-sized, unwatermarked version and an upload description.
29 Dec 2017, 10:06 am
Odorokasu thank you!
27 Dec 2017, 5:19 am
Bump!
24 Dec 2017, 10:46 am
Odorokasu
If you'd like to reserve anything, let me know! I'm happy to do that for you. I hope to do a whole lot of painties within the next month tho, if I get the time...
That's fine by me! I knew the tail was going to be difficult to do over a base tbh, so I'm not surprised to see a shifty of him.

Rivenwolf
Thank you so much!!! They go over the wolf/canine base! They don't have enough of the deer on them to be put over that one.
22 Dec 2017, 4:24 pm
in how does one sparkledog? (go to post)
NiGHTS said:
The closest I've got is my gross dragon-weasel, Marcus:
1496765152.kingscrafty_marcus_ref_sheet_
Basically use as many colours as you'd like and make it busy so long as it doesn't clash. You need at least one plain base colour (black, white, grey or beige work quite well here) that you can build all of your colours on top of; these colours can also break up sections if they don't look right. Make everything highly saturated but for the love of god please don't make them the brightest hue possible. This makes it painfully eye-straining which takes away from the fun of it
so pretty much for the colours... eye burn but not "this hurts way too much" eye burn

You got it! I've known too many that actually physically hurt when you look at them. Try to avoid that it's not fun haha
22 Dec 2017, 4:17 pm
in how does one sparkledog? (go to post)
The closest I've got is my gross dragon-weasel, Marcus:
1496765152.kingscrafty_marcus_ref_sheet_
Basically use as many colours as you'd like and make it busy so long as it doesn't clash. You need at least one plain base colour (black, white, grey or beige work quite well here) that you can build all of your colours on top of; these colours can also break up sections if they don't look right. Make everything highly saturated but for the love of god please don't make them the brightest hue possible. This makes it painfully eye-straining which takes away from the fun of it
22 Dec 2017, 4:17 am
Jashin325
Absolutely! I'd be happy to do that.
As long as I'm credited (a link back to where you bought the base) then you can sell painties too. I would prefer if you didn't sell the base yourself, however.
21 Dec 2017, 7:27 pm
Jashin325
TBH I don't understand this "one time use" lark - what's stopping you using it again?
Purchasing a base gives you access to the full-sized, unwatermarked version of the grayscale base (similar to how making normal painties works).
21 Dec 2017, 6:31 pm
Odorokasu
Thank you!
21 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm
in Vague/Cursed/Obscure Images (go to post)
YesMan said:
Dont+pretend+you+didnt+have+a+hand+in+it

A-All Might?
21 Dec 2017, 5:22 pm (Edited 21 Dec 2017, 5:24 pm)
Admiral Sidon CyanSapphire Starfoxxe Odorokasu Muck Kikaru CaceyDoesThings ShiraTheFox

Updated my shop a little and added some new Pierruffs! They also have a short description (I scrapped the long one because it didn't read well and also nobody cares that much lmao)
I also have a Pierruff variation in the making and awaiting approval by the mods, which will hopefully open a few design doors.
Because of christmas and uni updates will be slow, but I have some stuff lined up over the coming months!

<EDIT>
Forgot to mention, I also have my feathered crystal candy Manokit base for sale! It's unlikely I'll make premades, but I will take cheap customs/base buys instead.
21 Dec 2017, 3:30 pm
in Official Paintie Check Thread (go to post)
Hi! I have a species I already use and that is accepted, however I'm making a variation of it currently with a bird (rooster) tail. I wanted to check it was okay seeing as the tail is........ Rather massive....... Before I start trying to sell it.

https://sta.sh/21izzau29tjy?edit=1 (Both overlaid and regular versions are here)

I use a jackal base with saber toothed tiger fangs (upside down) and a variation of the deer horns. I also use the deer feet and arms (for wrist fluff). As I already said, it is accepted how the normal variant is, but I just wanted to double check with the new tail that it's okay.