Bistro_Noir's Recent Posts

23 Dec 2016, 8:34 am
in Shop restocking (go to post)
it might be bad luck for us? honestly i'd love to vouch for it, i've been refreshing for a good while (approx 3 hours) and i haven't seen any stock either; however that's only 12 refreshes at most, so i'm not too sure orz
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
artist · she/her · neurotoxin conspiracy theorist
22 Dec 2016, 3:46 am (Edited 22 Dec 2016, 3:46 am)
in what the heckie is this item (go to post)
to be fair did everyone forget octavia's lesbian gf scientist is investigating neurotoxin
?????? Screenshots please
6RZhg0D.png

it's been in front of us the whole time ....... bware.....
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 4:06 pm
in Village Festivals (go to post)
Blaire
that's a good theory! it could only be solidified by OD's announcement, and i wish i could tell you when myself too, but OD hasn't received an announcement yet :') good thinking though, it sounds about right! if anything i'm a little curious if the site will have an opening anniversary of some kind, because that comes to thought of depending on staff members that may/may not have summer holidays? :o maybe? unsure
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 3:52 pm
Blaire
you do have a point! it might be rushed/earlier prepared for QP's festival, perhaps? i really like the sound of a 2 month wait too, i'm also reminded of the idea of a opening celebration/festival, so that thought doesn't exactly fly :'o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 3:07 pm
in Cheap Crappy Art (Closed for now) (go to post)
slides a tip over thank ........
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 2:56 pm
in what the heckie is this item (go to post)
to be fair did everyone forget octavia's lesbian gf scientist is investigating neurotoxin
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 2:54 pm (Edited 21 Dec 2016, 2:54 pm)
RGDlightteam said:
I belive DMM's will be halloween, but I'm not 100% sure
quite likely, i was thinking the festivals were spaced out with a 2 month interval between each
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
21 Dec 2016, 2:53 pm
in Cheap Crappy Art (Closed for now) (go to post)
shifty eyes can you draw one of... dat boi .....
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
19 Dec 2016, 10:48 am
in Who here plays D&D? (go to post)
how did i not see this thread before

i love dnd, i still do! really want to try and gm or play better as a player, because i'm usually on the sidelines observing. the only proper dnd game i've played is a rwby campaign, and that stopped because one of our team members didn't feel like playing.. :/
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
16 Dec 2016, 8:08 am
in Light vs Darkness (go to post)
40!! the darkness shall not prevail!!!!
hopefully
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
14 Dec 2016, 10:56 am (Edited 14 Dec 2016, 10:59 am)
in Post your latest piece of art! (go to post)
snowflop
thank you for the compliment! your chibi's looking super cute! really love the palette and the thick lineart for them! :D

asdfghkl with great inattentiveness comes missed opportunities;
Pathosis
i really love how expressive that face looks!
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
14 Dec 2016, 10:42 am
in Post your latest piece of art! (go to post)
there's so many different styles going on in this thread and they're all lovely!! it's amazing! ;v;

meanwhile i've been trying to tack down an appearance style that's reminiscent of high-end fashion myself; i really don't think it's happening, but it's pretty close to something else too, i just feel like i gotta pin down what it is.

have a bust!
QisHedL.png
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
14 Dec 2016, 10:33 am
in Really bad at making/keeping friends? (go to post)
Ping worked! Heh heh

I would be happy to have friends in those areas, but those are just my most specific interests, i have other ones :D I just..have a harder time meshing when it comes to them i suppose? :o and have less to talk about, but i am more than happy to adjust

i would really like to have close friends again (i am not joking when i say that my girlfriend is the only person who talks to me anymore! anyone i once called a close friend has only given me idle chitchat on twitter through mentions, not direct messages, or on snapchat...so haha), but i am happy to make acquaintances as well :) i really just want someone to talk to, you know?
that's understandable! i remember feeling alone like that too (kind of still do; despite having a dozen acquaintances, it's hard to feel like i can talk to them) perhaps it's losing the common ground? or just feeling distant enough that it feels as though there's a barrier wedged in the relationship again.

i'm not too sure how much of a help i can be, but i'm open to dm's/pm's if you're feeling up for chatting! i do art and video games are of interest too, if that helps. :D
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
14 Dec 2016, 4:35 am
in price my art? :o (go to post)
Those are very vivid and nicely done. I can't really give you a good answer though because I too am in the same boat. If you haven't already though I recommend having a 1-3 day "buy art at your own price" sale and see what people pay. At the end maybe your best and favored customers can be given a survey question as to what they think your art is worth. That's what I am actually doing right now.
hey, that's actually a really good idea! thank you so much! i'll note that down for the future, it might help out some of my contacts too! hope everything turns out well for you! :o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
14 Dec 2016, 4:24 am
Wartortle

i'm not sure if the ping will work but hey, what kind of friends would you like to have? i noticed your interests lie in art, video games and oc chatter. would you like to have friends that talk about those topics, and how frequently? :o

similarly, what would you expect from your friends? i'm asking because i remember distinctions between close friends and acquaintances, and the approach of looking for one or the other differs iirc? hoping to help!
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
13 Dec 2016, 10:50 pm
Tripp said:
It sounds that way, but it moreso tells you about how people typically respond to things.
An example being that criticizing somone makes them dislike you, and if you want to critique someone, to word it as constructive and non-accusingly as possible. Also, minor details like complaining about stuff, people generally dont want to talk to / listen to someone who chains complaints one after another. A little bit is fine, but it creates a negative atmosphere that people feel uncomfortable in. If it's complaining about something both parties can relate to; it's more acceptable and positive because it's more blowing off steam rather than one-sided venting.
Either way, as you read, you can take from it advice, like tweaking how you interact with others as well as learning how to manipulate people. It really depends on who you are deep down, and what your motives are. If you don't want to manipulate people, and just want to make friends, that's how you will utilize what you've learned. It's not going to suddenly turn you into a manipulative person. xD

It's already helped me a bit. One bit I took from it that works well is asking questions about stuff people care about. Not just asking to have them like me, but asking questions that I am interested in finding their answer to, and stuff that could entertain us both. People really enjoy talking about what they care about. c:

Sorry that turned into a wall of text. xD

the more i read it the more i feel like i should get this book myself! i think the best part/the catch for me so far has been the criticizing point; trying to word it without sounding accusatory. if anything i'd just like to thank you for making note of the book for us! thank you so much! :o !!
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
13 Dec 2016, 2:29 am
in Paintie Waiting Room (go to post)
Ia2soPq.png
she's stuck in queue but i bet she's enjoying latte or something
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
12 Dec 2016, 3:48 am
in talk about your significant other here!!! (go to post)
i cant believe this is one of my first few posts but here we go

i met my so through working for a fan-site where it was overly ambitious and the staff weren't cutting it, and on it i met another person who was friends w/ my so and she was adorable!!!! but turns out a few months later she'd been dating me as part of a bet and my s/o along w/ another friend chewed her out for it. months go by and my s/o realized his friend w/ benefits was also in on the same bet and he started a fight w/ her too, at the same time defending me and my feelings and i was like ???!??!?! no one ever did that for me you didnt even have to i mean its not your problem??? but thank you

fast forward about another good few months and i end up getting really nervous about falling for him and a friend was like "just tell him omg" so i did.. with a 14-page essay/chat history of me gushing about him to my friend.. i fell asleep right after bc i was so scared but when i woke up he was waiting for me the whole time to respond, and was also nervous that he completed a course work super early!! it was super cute of him and i'm glad to say we've been together for almost 2 years and known each other for 3!! bless him so much

he's irish and has a really cute accent (he works in customer service and a lot of people ask for him to talk more because of how adorable and suave it sounds!!! squeal) and he's really fascinated with roombas (i wish i could tell you why but i can't) like he really wants to get some to race them together, and we stay up all night to talk to each other he's just!!! the best!!!!! we're on opposite sides of the world like a lot of long-distance ships (i'm in asia and he's in uk) but we try our best to sync our wake times up, but he's just a super cuddly person and he's so affectionate and squeal!!! really want to see him one day, i just love him so much ;w;
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
11 Dec 2016, 8:55 pm
bump! :o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
11 Dec 2016, 7:57 am
another price-my-art thread, hurray!! ;v;

am i confident about my art? quite! it's the only thing i've known for the longest time, however i'm not quite sure how to work in the environment of the commission scene, as i've never actually dabbled in selling my own art.

thing is, i imagine prices that were quite high? where my best works are $60 (USD), and a full background image would be $80 or so. in comparison to my sketches or so, which i imagined would hang around $8 or so, that's quite a huge range of prices! so i'd like to ask the populus; how would you price my art? :o

my examples are cropped and resized versions of this line up and this image, so if you'd like to take a closer look, just check the links out!

brea8DD.png
2W8VrcX.png
PeH2RsV.png
99b6qQn.png
JZYIgi3.png

responses are very much appreciated! ^^
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
11 Dec 2016, 7:38 am
in how 2 draw hamdsome mans?? (go to post)
!!! i'm not too sure if this will help but i tried drawing a face to see if it's your almost end-goal? i guess?

Z7B2SPy.png

its not very accurate (especially the hair..) but i think it might be closer to the face-type you're looking for? your style is naturally soft looking so i'm pretty sure you can get it to look as soft as in yuri on ice, but generally you'd want the face shape to be longer, like an actual rectangle!

tumblr_oi0d0d5gXE1vjyzs3o1_1280.png

this attempt is pretty good! i tried transforming it a little, pulling the image down so it would stretch vertically, and it looks pretty close to what i'm trying to explain! so you're pretty close to reaching your goal! :o

llgP5Xe.png

also, it helps doing that little V around the neck to convey muscle, i think you can see it in the yuri on ice screenshot? it's not only a stylistic choice, it's also anatomically present, so give it a try! :o

i'm sorry if my editing of your image is a little off-putting! i know some people are sensitive to it (myself included) but i hope the tips find you well in the end! cheers :D
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
8 Dec 2016, 3:40 pm
in Best villager name above you (go to post)
Gooey said:
Ectoplasm i like lorelei! its a very pretty name
Milk really appeals to me (but that's because I'm biased to cats) and Echo's a really good name too! :o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
8 Dec 2016, 2:08 pm
in Shifty Morphing Potion giveaway for newbies! (go to post)
ah, may i enter please? :o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png
7 Dec 2016, 10:11 pm
in Show off your painties! (go to post)
24120.png?t=1481169783

not really sure of the limitations of the painties yet, so i did one in the site's style? (nearly) it came out okay, i think! not really used to it :o
art stall | tumblr | dA

Giw5fJF.png