Hancets's Recent Posts

14 May 2017, 3:20 pm
in Anybody interested in a fursuit WIP? (go to post)
Heyyyyyyy guys!

First off - I'm not dead! I just haven't been able to post due to one thing or another.. But now school's letting off a bit, so this'll be more active.

Second off - Charley is nearly finished! I'll be posting pics very soon; right now he's got some of the fur glued on and I'm about to finish gluing the fur, then move onto details like the eyes and mouth.. I also tried him on and he still fits great. Very lightweight too; I was pretty surprised at how little he weighs.
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
13 May 2017, 11:22 pm
in Post your most recent art pieces ~ (go to post)
A silly sketch of my sona in her anthro form:

giloveyouanthro_zpsvdfltdkp.png

And a WIP of a feral-form full body picture of her.. I may make it a badge, or maybe a sticker? c:

gflyingbeautifulahhhh_zpsorwujvzj.png

And other.. Various.. Sketches.. I sketch too much and finish things too little. ; u ;

gracefullanthroref_zpsepi6yjc2.png

gracerefferalidk_zpso4lx4uao.png
5 May 2017, 12:50 pm (Edited 5 May 2017, 12:54 pm)
in Faux Fur Help (go to post)
I think a lot of makers use fabric.com for their faux fur needs. I've also heard of people buying from distinctivefabric.com.
I got my fur from Jo-Ann fabrics, because I'm just starting out with making fursuits and want to practice with cheaper fur rather than super expensive, quality fur.

Hope this helps!
5 May 2017, 10:28 am
in who wants too much info about The Haunted Mansion? (go to post)
I actually really adore learning about amusement parks and such, especially Disney/Universal, because I used to live in Florida and reading about it all feels like home. :'3 Thank you for sharing such an awesome post! I loved it. <3
5 May 2017, 10:19 am
in Weird food allergies? (go to post)
Specanite

Fun fact: peanuts aren't technically nuts - they're legumes! Might be why your cousin isn't allergic. c:

As for me.. I'm severely allergic to dairy but that's not too uncommon. I mostly just have food sensitivities?
Aspartame, MSG, caffeine, and sourdough bread all induce horrible headaches for me. Coconut oil does too, which is very unfortunate as most plant-based recipes have coconut oil..
Oranges, and pineapples make my mouth burn/tingle/itch. Orange juice makes me, er, throw up. I can't digest the sugar in apples, so I can't have them at all. Even apple juice. :')) I miss apples.

Recently, I've become increasingly sensitive to oil. Not technically an allergy, but.. It's driven me to have little-to-no foods that are oily or cooked in oil. No veggies stir fried in oil. No oily dressing or sauce drizzled on top of food. Few, if ever, potato chips or stuff like that. Even blotting and pressing things like tater tots or french fries in napkins doesn't entirely help.. |D Oh well.
4 May 2017, 1:11 pm
in Bring out your toastiest bread pun (go to post)
Rye are you guys making so many bread puns?
3 May 2017, 11:49 am
in gotta boop all the snoots (go to post)
I support this thread and all it stands for. Booping snoots should be everyone's #1 goal in life
3 May 2017, 9:10 am
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
I just finished my 90-day streak and claimed my paintie ticket and my badge and I'm so happpyyyyyyyy ~~
1 May 2017, 9:44 am
in Logo evolution (go to post)
Oh wow, that's a really beautiful logo! Love it. :D
19 Apr 2017, 6:16 pm
in Describe your avatar (go to post)
He's beauty. He's grace. He's also the reason behind basically every bad occurrence in the MCU.
17 Apr 2017, 9:04 am
FoxBoxUniverse - Thank you! I am pretty proud of how he looks so far. ^^

Ruby - Okay so I haven't been thinking too clearly due to all the current issues in RL I'm having, but.. Holy crap, I looked back at what you said and I'm fully understanding what you meant. Thank you SO MUCH for telling me about the eyes!! It took me a while to understand the implications of having the irises positioned that way, but gosh, you're completely right that it'd mess up the effect.. :'D I'm gonna re-make the form portion of the eyes soon. Thankfully the buckram is just glued to the foam, so I can probably tug/pry the buckram off and re-attach it to a correct foam piece.

Thank you again, so much, for pointing that out to me! :'3

FiniteFeline - Furring the head is always the hardest part for me. It can get a little confusing, with all the fuzzy bits having to fit together and all. The only things I can really recommend is having patience, making sure to cut your fur correctly, and always double-checking the fur to make sure it fits the head correctly before sewing. It's horrible to sew a piece then put it on the head and discover it doesn't fit.

Hawkfeather - Sorry for the long wait on my response. :'DD The furring process is often overlooked or over-simplified. Especially with bodysuits, my gosh. I still haven't been able to find a bodysuit tutorial for digi legs with markings. . .
I'm machine sewing each piece of fur that I cut from the tape patterns I made. For each individual piece I:
Cut the piece first, obviously.
Pin it to whatever already-sewn fur it's going to be attached to.
Readjust/pin/alter however I need, until I can slip the 'cover' of fur I've sewn onto Charley's face, and everything lines up. I make sure to tug the fur and adjust it so it's lying flush against the foam.
Then I sew a seam, and test-fit the fur 'cover' again. If it fits, I remove it, trim the excess seam allowance, and make sure to cut any loose threads I may have missed.
Repeat until the whole face portion of the fur is sewn. @ w @;
While I am not using glue to hold the seams together (at least not yet; I don't think I'll be using glue for seams on this suit), I will be gluing the fur down onto the foam once it's all sewn together.

And as a tip: I'm sewing the front of the face as one section, the ears as their own individual sections, and the back of the head as another section. The neck will be entirely separate, and I'll make it after I finish furring the head. I did this for my first suit; hoping it'll work for this one too. |D

sugoishiba - Sure thing! And thank you. :)

Casper_Ringtail - Thanks! I'll be making follow-me eyes. I much prefer them. However, I do need to alter the follow-me eyes I created, as Ruby pointed out to me.. -u-;

zonethebat - Oh, fantastic! If you can, you should try uploading WIP pics of your suit to Furvilla! I'm sure everyone would be interested to see. Plus there's a bunch of people on here who can help you along and give tips, if you need it. Definitely a great resource. c:
14 Apr 2017, 4:26 pm (Edited 14 Apr 2017, 4:26 pm)
in Uhm. Hello sir?? (go to post)
This is basically redundant but my cat does it all the time and I want to show people.

You see this cat? This is Loki. He is very aptly named. He's also an attention hog.
One of his favorite pastimes is lying on my tablet - and anything that's on top of the tablet, be it folder, textbook, or you know, MY HAND AS I TRY TO DRAW ART. He doesn't care.

He'll literally just flop and snuggle. Sometimes on top of my arm. Oftentimes expecting me to give him kisses on his head.

Just.

Hello there sir??

IMG_0058_zps87e84ttp.jpg

Do you need something??

IMG_0059_zps5custmlh.jpg

Precious baby.

IMG_0060_zpsdcxvysln.jpg

thanks for looking at my cat :'D
14 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm (Edited 14 Apr 2017, 1:43 pm)
in the world's most personality defining question (go to post)
teaunicorn

woah really is it that interesting :'D I always thought I was the least interesting person in the world for loving vanilla so much.

Woooooo boy that actually does look good! Mugcakes/desserts are the best. I'll see if I can't adjust it and try it sometime. o w o;
14 Apr 2017, 1:31 pm
in the world's most personality defining question (go to post)
All cake.

I just.

I love cake.

I guess my -technical- favorite would be vanilla with vanilla frosting, but seriously, I just love cake in general. Especially cool or fun flavors.
I actually sort of miss cake.. In order to have it, I have to bake it myself. And I don't want to waste that much food just because I had a silly craving, so I end up not baking it. :'D
10 Apr 2017, 10:42 pm
in Trade: Male Frosty Hare for other rares (go to post)

Oh my god, I literally cannot thank you enough! :000

You're so welcome. Enjoy them! . w .
10 Apr 2017, 10:06 pm

Aww jeez, are you sure? .ㅅ. I mean...if you'd like to, then go ahead, but...

Absolutely! I don't need them, but you seem to be active with minipets and all, so. Enjoy! . w .
10 Apr 2017, 9:04 pm

Ah, Minipet Rarity is located under the "Features" section of the Help tab. You can find it here.
The Opal Ray is Rare, and the Green Turty is Uncommon. I can give you the thing(s) I promised in my first post in return.
I'd prefer the Opal Ray over the Turty, but if you want we can exchange them both ^^

Woah. That's an excellent guide, thank you for the link! I had no idea it was there. :'D

Actually, I don't have much use for any minipets - if you're okay with it, I'd rather just gift you the Ray and Turty? I'd rather know they've gone to someone that'll actually use them. With me, they'd just.. Sit there. Go to waste.
10 Apr 2017, 12:23 am
Do you have any use for an Opal Ray or Green Turty (both female)?

I don't actively participate in the minipet portion of this game so I don't know how rare/common they are.. Nor what rare/common really means. :'D
8 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm (Edited 8 Apr 2017, 5:57 pm)
in Describe your fursona badly (go to post)
A horse but stronger.
8 Apr 2017, 11:30 am
Thank you all! <3

Deki - Sort of a mix of the two? I've been watching and re-watching fursuit tutorials (Kloofsuits has a wonderful foam head series on their YouTube channel) to see how it's done. Thankfully, I can usually watch someone else do something and understand how they do it - that might not work for everybody, though.
I'd suggest you just keep looking for as many tutorials as you can. Matrices has a lot of excellent tutorials. There may be others. You may also want to search for images of foam bases, or WIP pictures of heads as professionals make them. It can help a LOT to see how forms in foam translate once they've been covered with fur.

Ruby - Yeah, I made these follow-me eyes slightly different from how they're typically made on purpose. :'D It's technically 'incorrect' from but I wanted to see if this technique was an improvement, or if it wasn't and I should stick to the normal way of making them. This suit is a 'test run' on making equine suits before I make my fursona, so I'm still working things out. c:

I'll keep your pointers in mind, and may remake Charley's eyes to see if they work better. (or just, make one eye and compare it) Thank you!
8 Apr 2017, 9:55 am
Our pinglist is getting very big.. :D Thank you guys for all your support and interest!

FiniteFeline - Thank you! Making a head for the first time is.. Definitely hard. There was lots of crying involved, in my case. Just keep going, don't give up! The end result is worth it. c:
8 Apr 2017, 9:53 am
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
Zippycats
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse
ShinobiPika
kois
kumadine
Kingly_Dakini
Muffet
Pandorose
GRUMPfuzz
Rhondehiem
cannibal
sciencesparrow
Meesh
SplashStar
NinjaTiger7
FiniteFeline
Tonina123
8 Apr 2017, 9:51 am
Okay so, I accidentally marked some of his fur patterns wrong, and I had to fix that - so here's Charley, all taped and marked and ready for fuzz!

IMG_0694_zpscmae0mcc.jpg

And here are the template pieces..

IMG_0695_zps04rq0kpe.jpg

IMG_0696_zpsfx40eowb.jpg

And now, since there's NO WAY I'll be able to make sense of this fluffy mess, have some WIP pictures of me sewing all the fur for his face. :'D I've never done sewn-in eyebrows before so I'm really hoping they turn out well..!

IMG_0762_zpsnpjwd7kj.jpg

IMG_0751_zpswnje3xzm.jpg

IMG_0765_zps6wkfj87d.jpg
6 Apr 2017, 8:49 am
FiniteFeline Oh. Sure! :'D I'm not incredibly proud of her, but for a first try.. I guess she's not bad.

It's just, you know, I have no idea how dog anatomy works and first suits usually aren't that good anyway and.. :'^)

Here she is, my dorky little Athena. I made her in time to go to my first con.

IMG_5694_zpsvaufeuxo.jpg

unnamed_zps07so630b.jpg

My original plan was to sell her so I could use some of that money to buy supplies for other suits, but my mother goaded me into keeping her. I mean, she is my first suit. It's sort of a sentimental thing. C:
6 Apr 2017, 8:42 am
in CLOSED (go to post)
Aaahh, she's so cute! .u. Sent it to my friend, and credited you of course - I'm sure she'll love it. <3