Hancets's Recent Posts

8 Apr 2017, 9:51 am
in Anybody interested in a fursuit WIP? (go to post)
Okay so, I accidentally marked some of his fur patterns wrong, and I had to fix that - so here's Charley, all taped and marked and ready for fuzz!

IMG_0694_zpscmae0mcc.jpg

And here are the template pieces..

IMG_0695_zps04rq0kpe.jpg

IMG_0696_zpsfx40eowb.jpg

And now, since there's NO WAY I'll be able to make sense of this fluffy mess, have some WIP pictures of me sewing all the fur for his face. :'D I've never done sewn-in eyebrows before so I'm really hoping they turn out well..!

IMG_0762_zpsnpjwd7kj.jpg

IMG_0751_zpswnje3xzm.jpg

IMG_0765_zps6wkfj87d.jpg
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
6 Apr 2017, 8:49 am
FiniteFeline Oh. Sure! :'D I'm not incredibly proud of her, but for a first try.. I guess she's not bad.

It's just, you know, I have no idea how dog anatomy works and first suits usually aren't that good anyway and.. :'^)

Here she is, my dorky little Athena. I made her in time to go to my first con.

IMG_5694_zpsvaufeuxo.jpg

unnamed_zps07so630b.jpg

My original plan was to sell her so I could use some of that money to buy supplies for other suits, but my mother goaded me into keeping her. I mean, she is my first suit. It's sort of a sentimental thing. C:
6 Apr 2017, 8:42 am
in CLOSED (go to post)
Aaahh, she's so cute! .u. Sent it to my friend, and credited you of course - I'm sure she'll love it. <3
5 Apr 2017, 11:46 pm
AAAHHH Thank you all so, so incredibly much for your lovely comments! ; u ; I've gotten some more good work done, so you can all expect a big update soon. ^^ Adding all who requested it to the pinglist, btw. c:

FiniteFeline

Thank you! Charley is my second suit. c: My first suit was a husky named Athena. Charley is my second suit overall, but my first equine. My third suit, which I'm starting work on (I want her to be finished in time for Anthrocon) is going to be an equine as well. ^^
5 Apr 2017, 11:42 pm
in CLOSED (go to post)
Since I don't have a good ref of my sona, could I request a sketch for one of my friends? Their sona is much easier to draw than mine. c: Thanks for the opportunity!
5 Apr 2017, 1:46 pm
in Do you have more than 1 fursona? (go to post)
Nope! I just have one fursona who's stuck with me for yeeaaarrss.

I do have multiple characters, who are all some form of animal (either feral or anthro), although none of them represent me. . u .
5 Apr 2017, 1:42 pm
in Furry Survey! **Updated!!** (go to post)
Took it. It was very fun. :D
4 Apr 2017, 7:40 pm (Edited 4 Apr 2017, 7:42 pm)
in How do YOU stay motivated when making a fursuit? (go to post)
I've had to space my work on my fursuit out for multiple reasons (mainly school/college work) so naturally, I've also had to learn to motivate myself..

The main thing I do is watch furry videos. Mostly con videos. Plenty of furry Youtubers make them - footage of furry shenanigans and cute fursuiters usually put to a pop song. Other furry videos also help motivate me: dance videos, convention panels, etc. Anything featuring fursuiters having fun is automatic motivation for me.

Music also really helps. I enjoy listening to upbeat pop/rock/etc music when I work on fursuit stuff, as I'm excited to finish the suit and that music fuels my excitement.

Starting a WMW/WIP thread also really helps! I've been neglecting my poor thread because I didn't get much work done lately, and then I had phone issues, as well as having horrible bouts of depression lately.. But honestly, knowing people -care- about what I'm doing is a huge confidence boost and motivator. I sort of naturally assume people don't care about me, so to see dozens of people interested and wanted to be -pinged- about what I'm making is just.. Gosh. ; w ; It's really awesome.

Another good trick is to sew while you're doing something else! When I'm handsewing, I like to watch TV or a movie while I do it. If you're not into that, you could listen to a podcast or audio book, or even just sit near family/friends while you sew. I do that too. c:
4 Apr 2017, 9:59 am
in Who's Going to FWA? (go to post)
No, but gosh do I wish I could! FWA seems like a really fun con - maybe I'll go someday. c:
31 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm
in What Underrated Drawing Software Do You Use? (go to post)
I use GIMP for drawing/animating and MS Paint for making pixel art.

I'm very frugal when it comes to drawing programs. :'D
31 Mar 2017, 1:14 pm
in Buying Art of Pony OC (H) FD;FR (go to post)
Hancets

Alright! I've sent 200FD your way if that's ok. No clothes or items needed on her! Thanks so much!

Fine by me! I'll send a base sketch of the piece to you soon, so you can approve it before I line and color it. c:
31 Mar 2017, 10:14 am
Hancets

Actually I like the G3-ish style! And your examples are really cute! I like the crayon/sketchy look. You said you've got no set prices but what sort of price would you find fair for a headshot image?

Oh hey, glad you like my work! ^^ I'd be happy with a 100-200FD price range for a headshot. Fully colored, of course, and I could include any clothes or items you want on the character. c:
30 Mar 2017, 9:26 am
I have no set prices, but would be willing to work with you on a price.

My style tends to be more G3-ish, rather than G4? But I'd be willing to try to adjust it or whatever else, if you hate the G3-esque style. :'D Also these two examples are in a crayon/sketchy style of lines, but I can make clean lines instead, if you so wish.

?img=proxy&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1299.photob

?img=proxy&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi1299.photob
28 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm
in Hogwarts (go to post)
Hancets My patron animal IS a ferret you lucky thing now I'm jealous!

Oh gosh, thanks. :'Dc I think your patronus is really awesome too though - never heard of a hyena patronus before! Definitely unique. ^^
28 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm
in Hogwarts (go to post)
I'm a Slytherin (my friends think I'm a Slytherpuff) / Horned Serpent. I like to think my patronus is a unicorn, but my "official" patronus is a white ferret. c:

Oo I love ferrets ur so lucky :'OOO

Guess I am, yeah! It's also rather nice because Draco's one of my favorite characters - and, well, I'm sure you know of the whole ferret fiasco. :'D So it's like my patronus is of him. Which is cute. Heh.
28 Mar 2017, 7:08 pm
in Hogwarts (go to post)
I'm a Slytherin (my friends think I'm a Slytherpuff) / Horned Serpent. I like to think my patronus is a unicorn, but my "official" patronus is a white ferret. c:
24 Mar 2017, 1:51 pm
in OMG Sneks (go to post)
Okay I hardly ever get to see people actually appreciate how adorable and lovely snakes are and oh my GOODNESS THIS THREAD IS A BLESSING. <3 SNEKS.
23 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm (Edited 23 Mar 2017, 9:41 pm)
in Your Potatoes (go to post)
.. I can eat a baked potato plain tbh. It's what I do a lot when I go out to eat! Plain baked potato and plain steamed veggies, mmn.

But aside from having nothing on them, a teeny bit of non-dairy spread and some salt is more than enough to tide me over. This past Thanksgiving I put a bit of Daiya cheese and "bacon" bits on a potato.. It tasted so strong, my gosh. I don't know how you regulars can handle cheese and bacon on a potato, let alone sour cream too. How do you even taste the potato under all that stuff? .O.

But I like potatoes a lot of ways. Baked is my favorite.. White and red potatoes are both good. Still trying to make friends with sweet potatoes - they taste good as chips/crisps but my goodness, I can't adjust to their baked taste yet. Bit too sweet for me.

I also love french fries and tater tots and hash browns, as well as potato chips, but unfortunately I have to be very careful with those and can only eat them sometimes.. If at all. s:
16 Mar 2017, 11:43 pm
in Unique adopts NEED THEM GONE (go to post)
SophiaTheMostFab All righty - I'll be sure to tag you. :D Thanks again!
16 Mar 2017, 11:13 pm
SophiaTheMostFab Sent the money!
Should I save the image and just crop out all the other reindeer? I don't want to save the whole thing and somehow be stealing the other designs. ; w ;

And thank you for him/them, they're so cute I can't wait to doodle them ~
16 Mar 2017, 11:04 am
SophiaTheMostFab Can't resist - could I take the top middle reindeer? The brown/pink one. ; w ; I love the color scheme.
15 Mar 2017, 10:07 pm
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
Zippycats
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse
ShinobiPika
kois
kumadine
Kingly_Dakini
Muffet
Pandorose
15 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm
Thank you all for all of your kindness and support! Added all who asked to the ping list. .w.

I've got a modest little update for you all. ^^'

I sewed up Charley's forelock:

IMG_0678_zpssbnyiazz.jpg

Stuffed it, and pinned it in place (it was very floofy at first!):

IMG_0680_zpsu7ksuciv.jpg

IMG_0681_zpsg6zevebh.jpg

After a quick brush, it looks pretty nice! c: This is, like I said, my first attempt at a forelock/hair so I'm fairly confident now that my idea for how to make his hair will work.. Just have to pattern it, cut it, sew it, stuff it, attach it... Hnng. @ w @ Fursuits are a lot of work!

IMG_0685_zpsmn6llvj9.jpg
12 Mar 2017, 11:09 pm (Edited 12 Mar 2017, 11:09 pm)
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
BeakyBirds
JoySenpai
Rayray408
irl-spinachcan
WolfieSoftPaws
floof
Keldeogirl
Marmalade
stormbringer15
LordKaen
multifandomed25
Casper_Ringtail
Emeraldheart
Lenden
Beef-n-potato-stu
Zippycats
Mykestri
RedlaSunShowers029
Hibiscius
FoxBoxUniverse

Thank you all again for all your lovely comments! <3 I'd thank each of you individually but.. I don't want to bloat the thread.. :'D
12 Mar 2017, 11:03 pm
Another nice big update for the new week!

I started taping Charley - and found a really great technique for taping ears? Including some extra pictures of how I taped the ears, so any aspiring fursuit makers can hopefully get help from it. I started out with a sort of lattice-type pattern for the base, then did straight/horizontal lines of tape overtop that. It gives a really sturdy, smooth finish to the tape. ^^

IMG_0650_zpsythbdclz.jpg

IMG_0652_zps5oxexny5.jpg

IMG_0653_zpsqmcsuz7t.jpg

IMG_0651_zpshzuzxgvn.jpg

2 hours later, I was done taping! @ u @;

IMG_0654_zpsi8zzizxj.jpg

IMG_0655_zpsp045nune.jpg

Then came drawing on the patterns.. Some of it's wobbly; I apologize, but it'll do for fur patterns. Charley's design isn't very tricky, anyway. c:

IMG_0656_zps5heb3pcq.jpg

IMG_0658_zpsxwry9oww.jpg

Then, for kicks and giggles, I patterned out a little forelock for him and cut it out. I'm going to sew it soon; test out how it looks as I've never made a mane/hair for a fursuit before.

IMG_0659_zpsnizqtued.jpg

IMG_0660_zpsmspnpchx.jpg

IMG_0661_zpssjoljbuu.jpg