Hancets's Recent Posts

6 Feb 2017, 9:17 pm
in Hero, villain, or victim? (go to post)
Hero. .o. A bork hero.
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
6 Feb 2017, 9:43 am
in mental age quizes (go to post)
I guess I'm 45.

... I'm really 17.

But it's not too surprising.
3 Feb 2017, 11:06 am
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
I'm losing him.

I'm losing him and I don't know when I'll get him back.

I don't want to lose him.

I don't want to lose my best friend.
3 Feb 2017, 10:35 am
in Conventions for newbies? (go to post)
I'm horribly inexperienced, but I can tell you, one of the best decisions I made was to go to a small-ish local convention (FurReality! It's only a few hours' drive away) and sort of test the water.
Find a local convention or meet and go. Try it. Talk to people. If you enjoy art, take a sketchbook - I met my first furry friend through the sketchbook exchange. Ask questions. Take notes. And have fun!

Other than that I don't have much advice beyond basics of staying safe and hydrated.. 6/2/1 rule and all that.
3 Feb 2017, 10:28 am
in Anybody interested in a fursuit WIP? (go to post)
Hey you guys, I'm so sorry for not being active. I didn't have time to work on Charley, then I was gone away on a trip, then our internet provider blocked FV for a few days so I literally -couldn't- get on (goodbye, 30+ day streak) and now.. Let's just say I've lost someone incredibly important to me and I don't know when I'll get them back. . . .

I'll be updating this as soon as I can. Thank you all for the interest.
30 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
I'm about to take a test and I'm probably not ready for it but I'm going to review the study guide and take it anyway for the sake of getting something done today. ; ww ;
26 Jan 2017, 12:55 am
in Cons you plan going to? (go to post)
I'll be attending Anthrocon and FurReality this year! .u.

Both are American furry conventions. One in Pennsylvania, the other in Ohio. ^^
24 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm
in Give the user above an Ice-cream flavor! (go to post)
Neapolitan because you're a complex and interesting human being. . o .
24 Jan 2017, 8:30 am
in What's your persona's/fursona's eye color? (go to post)
My fursona's eyes are either cyan or dark brown. c:
Usually cyan, to match her color scheme, but if I get her "simplified"/natural version drawn, she has dark brown eyes to match mine.
21 Jan 2017, 10:35 am
in Tell some stories! (go to post)
Oh gosh this really blew up overnight. ; u ;

Ragzoti Oh my goodness, what a story. |D That's pretty hilarious!

SparkySpro ; 333 ; May I first just say Loki is my favorite character ever, ahhhhhh I adore him~
And gooosshhh coconut oil can be a nuisance. I've tried using it for baking before, but it doesn't like me much. :'D
And I've actually got a stained mousepad too! A friend and I were playing computer games one night; they were eating ice cream and spilled it on my mouse pad.. It's still got brown splotches, but thankfully doesn't have a weird smell to it or anything.

PopcornSnuffler Awh, that's so lovely! May I ask which cartoon it is? Might consider checking it out myself. c:
21 Jan 2017, 12:49 am (Edited 21 Jan 2017, 12:50 am)
SparkySpro

Though I do prefer true stories, I see no reason why fictional stories can't be posted too. c: Thank you so much for asking!

FloWolF

Welp, there we go. The best story's already been posted. Everybody, go home.

PopcornSnuffler

That's lovely! I'm so glad for you. :D Also, your username is unbearably cute and now I can only think of popcorn dogs. This is a good thing.

Edit:

Oliver_Woolfe

; o ; Awh, that's adorable! It's always nice to have good internet friends. They tend to be easier to talk to than RL friends; at least that's what I've found personally. ^^
21 Jan 2017, 12:32 am (Edited 21 Jan 2017, 12:33 am)
Hello, everyone. ^^;

Life's been hitting rather hard lately, from bringing up past wounds, to belongings being destroyed, to.. A death of a young family friend. All this is happening at a rather inconvenient time, and while I'm optimistic and have faith that it'll pass (of course, it will hurt for a while before getting better, and I know that) I figured a productive way to work past it all would be to ask for stories from you all.

I love stories, you see. Telling stories, reading stories, listening to stories.. Of all kinds! Taking time to listen to other people is oddly therapeutic.

So please, if you have any stories - funny ones, sad ones, spoopy ones (.o.), or any others that you feel impressed to post, feel free! Maybe you'll find joy in reading about others' lives here, like I do. If not.. Perhaps you'll find joy through some other means! :'D

Thank you for any interest; I hope you all have a blessed day. <3

-Hancets
20 Jan 2017, 11:47 pm
in How did you find your fursona? (go to post)
Welp, outside of online/fandom-related stuff, I was always -super- into horses when I was little. I always drew them, watched movies (Spirit :'D), and even pretended to be one almost daily. I also dressed up as a horse for Halloween a couple times, and I -loved- it (it's like life was foreshadowing my interests in fursuiting, ahaha). Horses have always given me a certain feeling.. I can't quite explain it. It's like being excited beyond belief, awestruck beyond compare, and so emotionally moved in general I can sometimes be brought to tears.

..Yeah, I'm a horse nerd. Oh well. :PP

I always loved thinking of myself in terms of horses, too. Explaining my own feelings and behaviors as herd animal instincts and such felt very natural, and helped me understand myself, especially since my childhood was rather troubled and full of.. Sorrow. I guess pretending to be an animal helped me deal with trauma at the time.

Aside from that, I created a character named "Grace" who was a representation of myself. And, being a representation of myself, she could take on a horse-human hybrid or entirely horse form in different games I'd play with my friends. I knew nothing of the furry fandom when I made her; instead making her as a personification to mess around with when playing with Barbie dolls.. Or horse figurines.

As time went on, Grace changed. She was a horse more often, as I usually drew horses. Her design adapted to suit my moods and phases. Eventually, she changed from a dun mare to a dun alicorn with a cyan stripe in her mane.
-Years- after she first became an alicorn, I joined an online site and wanted to design her with certain markings. Because of how the colors and markings work on that site, though, I had to give her the 4-color hair she has now. I don't regret it, though; I rather like black and white.

After I became interested in the furry fandom I decided I needed a fursona. I tried for.. Months.. Years.. To decide on one. (I was a dragon-horse/longma for a time, but it didn't really -fit- me. The only reason I wasn't a horse was because I ate meat at that time, ahaha, and the technicalities of being a meat-eating-horse seemed "wrong" to me somehow.) But I got involved with the furry fandom after I went vegan (due to sheer necessity; if I wasn't careful with food I would live in the hospital), so after some deep thinking, I decided - Grace is my fursona. She's also considered my ponysona, mostly because she was "originally" that. But I think she's been my fursona, too, for a very long time.. I just didn't realize it until recently. c:

So, there you go. A long-winded explanation of how I'm a weirdo who wants to be a horse, and chooses to portray herself online as a horse. Alicorn, actually. Because I'm special. I guess I never really "found" Grace, though - I've always had her, really. She's just changed over the years, as I have. ^^
20 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm
in what do you do (go to post)
I work.

I work a lot.

What do you do when you're bored, hm? .u.
20 Jan 2017, 11:23 pm (Edited 20 Jan 2017, 11:24 pm)
in who's your favourite artist on here? (go to post)
I know suuuuper little about artists here on FV, but I really love LuckyMou 's art! <3
Hope you find some really fantastic artists to commission; I'm sure there's more than a few around here. c:
18 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm (Edited 18 Jan 2017, 11:57 pm)
in Materials needed? (go to post)
I made a mini partial for myself using:

Foam (1/2 and 1 inch thick)
Foamies (white and black, cheap from the craft store)
Plastic canvas material (used for embroidery or something like that - I recommend using buckram instead, though! It's much nicer.)
Acrylic paint (For the eyes. Black + white + dark and light shades of the color you intend making the eyes. You can mix the dark/light paint to add shading to the irises)
Fleece (for the tongue and insides of the ears; it was fairly cheap)
Fur (two colors; I used a coupon which saved me about $60 alltogether on it)
Felt (baaaad decision, but I got some felt for the nose and mouth. PLEASE USE FLEECE INSTEAD. Felt attracts fur strands and doesn't let it go, ever.)
Polyfil (for the tail, if you make one)
Elastic (or other fabric, for making belt loops on the tail. Elastic gives the tail a bit of bounce and swish.)

Masking/Duct tape (I used old masking tape for patterning. If you live in the US, the dollar store actually sells duct tape rolls, if you need them.)
Scrap paper (for the tape patterns you'll make of the head. I used an old magazine my dad had lying around.)
Needle + thread (Use thread colors that correspond with your fabrics.)
Pins (for the fur, mainly)
Hot glue gun (I have a high-temp one; I think most people use low-temp)
Glue sticks (again, high-temp in my case)
Scissors (Craft scissors will work fine if you're careful.)
Sharpie / other marker (for drawing on the tape / other patterns, mainly)
Chalk (for transferring patterns to the fur without discoloring it)
X-acto knife or other craft blade (for cutting the fur)
Mannequin head (I'd highly recommend just going out and buying a cheap foam mannequin head, which are usually used for wigs. It'll help you a lot.)
Posterboard paper (I used this for making the tail pattern)
Measuring tape (optional, but good to have around)

I.. Think that's it. |D It's late, so I may have to edit this later and update it, but this should give you a rough idea of what you need!

Edit 1: All the materials for my mini partial totaled to roughly $150. Although, I did have foam, fur, foamies, hot glue sticks, and fleece leftover afterwards. C:
18 Jan 2017, 11:52 pm
lunalonewolf
Rotsuoy
Steampunk_Llama
McReyes
Hawkfeather
18 Jan 2017, 11:42 pm
NEW UPPDAAATTTEEE.

Photobucket is actually doing what it was made to and letting me upload pictures, ahaaa.

After taking my friend's advice, I opened Charley's mouth and made him grin to add ventilation to his adorable little face.

IMG_6079_zpsvz5bsb7u.jpg

I also added some panels of foam to the sides of his head!

IMG_6076_zps174jtajh.jpg

IMG_6081_zpswd2mf2ay.jpg
18 Jan 2017, 11:40 pm
in How Well Known are You in FV? [GAME] (go to post)
@deerSkulls i'm kinda new to life itself tbh

8/10 I've actually seen you around and asked you stuff before, I think. You seem pretty great!
18 Jan 2017, 11:38 pm (Edited 18 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm)
in name really good animals (go to post)
Every animal ever.

Like seriously I can't decide. I love critters in general ahhhhhhhh

But off the top of my head, Fjord horses are particularly adorable. You can shave designs into their manes. ; 3 ;
18 Jan 2017, 11:35 pm
in How Well Known are You in FV? [GAME] (go to post)
2/10 Never seen you around before, but that delightful horse paintie active of yours has spurred me into stalking your villagers. o w o;
17 Jan 2017, 11:19 am
in Furvilla Logic Holes (go to post)
How does one FAIL at collecting PLANTS from a POT?
XVdGOEt.jpg

Two words:

Hoof hands.

hoofhands.png
17 Jan 2017, 10:42 am (Edited 17 Jan 2017, 10:42 am)
in Need Help With Cat (go to post)
Hmmm.. Maybe consider setting a harmless trap? He seems very drawn to food, so some meat in the back of a humane trap could get him caught and in a safe vessel to transport him to the vet.

If you don't have the money to spend on a trap, perhaps you could use a cat carrier? You may have to clean it out first so it's not marked with another cat's scent, but if you set it outside with some meat in the back of it, and hid and waited until he came around, you might be able to rush over and close the door before he escapes. It could be dangerous, though, as you don't know if he carries any diseases, and he might try to defend himself if he feels threatened. Be wise!

Those are my only ideas, really; I'm hardly an expert at catching cats. Both of mine are indoor only and come when called. Hope you get this figured out soon!
16 Jan 2017, 11:42 pm
Sure thing! c:
16 Jan 2017, 11:30 pm
You're added to the list, McReyes ! c:

Eeep, thank you all. :'D It's lovely that you're all able to get some enjoyment from my silly project, heh.

LordMoonBiscuit I definitely agree! There are far too few horse suits I've seen that I'd consider 'accurate' or 'good', in terms of anatomy/cuteness. There's almost always something off.. Especially with the eyes. People tend to make the eyes quite small, which doesn't make much sense. After all, horses have the largest eyes out of any living land mammal!