Hancets's Recent Posts

15 Jan 2017, 8:02 pm
in whats cookin good lookin (go to post)
I re-heated some pizza for dinner, and am going to bake something delicious tonight. Possibly cinnamon rolls.. With a lot of glaze on top. c;
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
15 Jan 2017, 7:34 pm
in Anybody interested in a fursuit WIP? (go to post)
lunalonewolf

;O;

Absolutely, friend! <3 Thank you for the lovely compliment, ahhh, this is only the second suit I've made, and the first equine overall, so I was.. Apprehensive about sharing it. |D I'm so glad to know people like it!
15 Jan 2017, 7:30 pm
Rotsuoy I'd be really interested in seeing that, especially for the horn! I'll need to make a horn for my fursona suit and would love to see how other people have made plush horns. <3

BelleBlueWolf Thank you! ;u;

Next I put the finished eyes into the head - they fit very well! c: Snug enough to not fall out, but loose enough that they have a little give. I think they'll work very well after I glue them in.

I also added some drawings on the face and such, to help me establish where things like eyebrows/nostrils will go, and added foam for the cheeks. ^^

IMG_5850_zpsrzqjfgjj.jpg

Side view! Added eyebrows, a lower jaw, some transition pieces from the face to the muzzle, and started marking the parts of the cheeks that needed to be thinned out.

IMG_5852_zpst79unoqa.jpg

Sculpting time! I carved away some of the foam with my trusty craft scissors, re-did the eyebrows, and adjusted the muzzle a bit.

IMG_5984_zpsiz0vz1lg.jpg

Started moving back onto the head itself, adding bits of foam to finish constructing the "skull" for lack of a better term, which I'll carve so it transitions into the back of the wearer's actual head.

IMG_5986_zpsoxr0jleh.jpg
15 Jan 2017, 2:39 pm
Started the eyes! I drew out a simple eye into foamies, and cut them out. I used a circle stencil for where the pupil/iris will go, and traced that same stencil onto some buckram fabric.

White of the eyes..

IMG_5836_zpsxbkxstpp.jpg

..And the irises!

IMG_5837_zpsmmtvqtq7.jpg

IMG_5840_zpsct06sexc.jpg

I added a bit of extra paint around the irises, just in case the placement was a bit off. Didn't want any white buckram showing once I glued the fabric to the foamies.

IMG_5846_zpsbl2fd88c.jpg
15 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm (Edited 15 Jan 2017, 2:37 pm)
Well goodness, looks like there's a fair bit of interest here - thank you all for providing feedback! .u. I'm a bit nervous-ish about posting it but I figure hey, if there's something distinctly wrong with it, better to know and fix it rather than carry on in my ignorance!

Okay so I'll just post the images I have up until my current progress..

We begin with the mannequin head (he still needs a name) preparing to be furry-fied..

IMG_5831_zpsvamc0kdk.jpg

He is ready.

Here, I began bulking out the foam itself, so I (or any other future owner) could wear glasses with the suit.

IMG_5833_zpsaz2zsrec.jpg

Next I put a panel if 1-inch foam on the face, cut out the muzzle from 3-inch foam, and attached it.

IMG_5835_zpsnffzrmse.jpg
15 Jan 2017, 12:36 am
Rotsuoy - Oh no, the joke gave me a good laugh. ;D Nothing quite like an unfinished fursuit head.. It does take some time to get used to them, especially if they're eyeless, soulless abominations. Hmm.

I may post pictures just for you then; I'm rather excited to share my work now, hah.
And gosh, you're making a unicorn? I'd love to see them, if you have any pictures! Equine/hooved suits are a passion of mine. <3
Sorry about the hair. @@; At least you have a good alternative color to use?
I'm nowhere near brave enough to try working with that sort of stuff for a suit.. Would much rather make plushy stuffed hair and be done with it, hah!
15 Jan 2017, 12:12 am (Edited 15 Jan 2017, 12:12 am)
in slep help (go to post)
Thinking about happy or exciting things helps me sleep. Also, thinking of things I'm thankful for. Or planning out the next day.

Maybe try stretching a bit too, or massaging your own hands? Those are pretty good ways to relax, and relaxing definitely helps you sleep better.

Hope you get some sleep soon, friend! *hug*
15 Jan 2017, 12:07 am (Edited 15 Jan 2017, 12:43 am)
Hey, everybody!

I'm currently working on a fursuit project; a cute little pony named Charley (I sometimes refer to Charley as a "he" for convenience' sake, but do note that Charley has no official gender yet c: ), who's both a test run for my fursona/ponysona suit I'll be making for Anthrocon, and a way to see how much my suits would sell for.

I'll be making:
Head (WIP)
Tail (complete!)
Hands/gloves (Need to design/begin)
And -possibly- some hooves/feet - not sure about those yet.

I may also try my luck at some armsleeves, as my ponysona is going to be a fullbody suit and I need to practice sewing stuff like that before tackling her. @ w @

I've been taking frequent WIP photos of little Charley but have been waayyyyy too shy to post them anywhere.. I figured I should see if there's any interest before showing stuff.
Also, if you have any questions about fursuit making, please ask! I'm relatively new but I've done a lot of research and have some firsthand experience, and would absolutely love to help in any way I can. <3

So, please let me know if you'd like to see Charley come to life! Like I mentioned in passing, Charley will be going up for sale after he's complete, so if you're interested in buying a suit/seeing how well suits sell.. Maybe this'll be a good thread for you?

Thank you all, and do have a lovely day. .u.

-Hancets
14 Jan 2017, 11:51 pm
in Draw stuff...with your eyes closed! (go to post)
.. It actually came out semi-okay.

Poor Grace's horn is on her snout though. And her wing is on her side?? She only has one wing??? :'D

eyesclosed_zpsbkbp48v0.png
14 Jan 2017, 4:42 pm
in Apples or oranges? (go to post)
Speed! .u.

Up or down?
14 Jan 2017, 11:34 am
in Transferring villagers / moving villager slots? (go to post)
AHA.

Grace is safe and sound in her new Furcash slot! ;u; Thanks very much, I really appreciate the help. :D
14 Jan 2017, 11:25 am
in Transferring villagers / moving villager slots? (go to post)
I'm a complete noob so please just.. Bear with me. |D

I have one villager, Grace, who is in an Olde Foxbury house slot. However, I've noticed the houses deteriorate over time. I would rather her be in a Furcash slot, as those seem to never deteriorate.

Is there any way to move Grace to a Furcash slot? If I transfer the villager in a Furcash slot to another user, could I move Grace to that slot? Or would it be lost forever?
I'm not overly attached to the villager in question. Grace is my most important villager so I'd like her to be in a slot that won't "get old" over time.

Thank you for any help. :'D
12 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm (Edited 12 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm)
in Answer the question of the person above you! (go to post)
Oh gosh that's a really tough one.. I love all times of year, honestly! Spring brings rain and soothing, rolling thunder, as well as warmer weather. Summer brings hot weather, a perfect opportunity for making ice cream, and of course, time off. Fall has my birthday and the start of the holidays, as well as gorgeous colors and -perfect- weather, especially for bicycling. And winter has snow, Christmas, wonderful weather with the most crisp fresh air, and quiet days spent snuggling my cat.
Gosh, I love seasons. :'D

What's your favorite dessert?~
12 Jan 2017, 11:31 am
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
I'm really hungry. I need to decide on lunch. And go make it.
12 Jan 2017, 11:26 am
in Your Native Dish? (go to post)
After a quick google search, apparently some native dishes of Florida are Key Lime Pie, gator bites, and various types of seafood, usually including shrimp. None of which I've eaten. I'm a bad Floridian, booo.

I live in Ohio now and.. I think people do weird stuff with chili? Or spaghetti? Piling cheese and such on? I dunno; I've never tried it lol.
10 Jan 2017, 10:02 am (Edited 10 Jan 2017, 10:03 am)
in Bad Habits? (go to post)
I have severe issues speaking up for myself about 99% of the time. I'm too afraid of hurting them to keep them from hurting me..

I've been told I can be kind of close-minded, which I despise, because I hold onto pre-concieved notions of how things should/do work, based off of what I've been told. I'm a rule-follower. But.. I'm trying to get better with it. Honestly, it's not usually an issue when it comes to other people doing things. It's an issue when it comes to me doing things. I always assume there's something wrong with me and I can't do anything about it.

Oh, and in regards to online interactions, I have a super bad habit of assuming people don't care about me, or care about hearing about me. Might start a thread on here to prove to myself people actually care.. Believing otherwise has kept me from posting and engaging with people so many times it's not funny. /:
10 Jan 2017, 9:50 am (Edited 10 Jan 2017, 9:53 am)
in what are your weird triggers (go to post)
Uh.. Well..

Mouth noises. Licking, clacking teeth, "wet" noises from mouths put me on defense mode and I -freak out-. Which makes sense; I suffered a very intense trauma related to it. Unfortunately our dog has started clacking her teeth by like, biting the air little bits at a time? Just thinking about it really upsets me. s: It controls me and it's unhealthy, so I'm trying to see a counselor about it and find ways to cope.

Having anything touch my neck/ears/chest, while it's on top of me, also scares me. My little cat once tried to cuddle on top of me and nuzzle my neck, and he got too close.. I pushed him away and started outright sobbing. He nearly hit the wall. Thankfully he just sorta, flopped on the soft bedcovers instead, but I felt really bad, it's just - I couldn't control myself? It's like my entire body went on defensive mode. Then again, that same cat's done plenty of silly things to get himself beat up (he once stuck his head in a doorway while the door was closing. he's fine of course, just.. he's a very silly cat sometimes.), so it's not like I've scarred him for life. I just feel guilty about it.. Poor sweet kitty.

I guess a weird one would be.. Madagascar? You know, the movie series. And Chicken Little. And Arthur, the animated TV show. A severely abusive ex-friend loved all those, and one of them was playing -while- I endured a trauma.. I've never properly seen Madagascar, so I may try to watch it/them one day, to prove to myself I can. Thankfully I don't have any fears of Arthur, though! It's not my cup of tea, but seeing it (or memes about it, heh) doesn't send me into a tizzy or anything.

I wouldn't necessarily call them "triggers" like the above; as the above ones are related to a trauma and these are not.. But certain textures and indents make me feel sick to my stomach/panicky (trypophobia maybe?) and not doing things "enough", not touching things, or not saying things, can make me feel either uncomfortable or severely anxious. I wouldn't say I have OCD, but I do have tendencies that are similar to it.

Oh, and when friends mention the fact they haven't eaten a lot, or haven't eaten that day, it does make a little ping of guilt strike me. I battled with an eating disorder a while ago and am still trying to keep it away. I'm getting better - eating healthily and letting myself make a little brownie in a mug or a pizza for dinner is helping me (Eating a bowl of black eyed peas once made me sob. I'd say I've made a fair bit of progress.) - but being reminded of starving and losing weight really... Really upsets me.. I probably need to talk to someone about that too.

In addition I have issues with anxiety, so naturally, having to go places and see people (sometimes, even if I want to/am excited to go) can make me severely upset. Oh, and being put "in the spotlight", or having everyone in a room focus on me, used to stress me out so badly I had either anxiety or panic attacks where I'd literally run into a bathroom and lock myself in a stall just to try to breathe. Loud noises did that before, too. :'D However I'm not sure if they're proper anxiety/panic attacks they have a definite cause, so they may actually be a symptom of my senses being over-stimulated. I'm very sensitive, ahaha.

I don't think I have any others.. Heck I don't know if these don't even count as "weird", as they all have explanations. Gah.

I'll just shush and post this now before I convince myself not to. ;w;
8 Jan 2017, 2:11 pm (Edited 8 Jan 2017, 2:14 pm)
in fictional characters you'd 100% date (go to post)
.... I'll just leave these here. They speak for themselves.

LokiThor.jpg

aa2ee063c003fb0e08741ab2f0c2310b.jpg

My obsession with him has lasted about 6 years...

I don't think it's leaving any time soon. :'D

EDIT: Oh and if you wanted to -force- me to choose someone other than him?
...Hmmm, Draco Malfoy's pretty good too. I have a thing for angsty boys I suppose.

tumblr_n581fdpZ0J1qeijvdo2_250.gif

Aaand that's it. That's the only two I'd date. . u .
8 Jan 2017, 1:55 pm
in What Does Your Fursona Hoard? (go to post)
Well my fursona, Grace, would probably hoard socks.
Like me.
And fandom-related merchandise.
Also like me.

I have a DAD in-the-making named Quasar, and he's a sort of space deity so he'd probably hoard star dust or something mystical like that. .u.
5 Jan 2017, 11:42 am
in Come be a FRIEND (go to post)
Aaaahh I'm gonna jump way out of my comfort zone and do this. ; u ;

Hi there, I'm Hancets, but you can call me Grace if you prefer. I'm sort of shy, and very anxious, among other things.. I somehow tend to be more shy online than offline, as of late. Probably because I don't have many active friends on any sites I play on anymore. :'D
Aside from that, I'm a little alicorn who loves drawing, baking, and fandoms in general - though oddly enough I don't like anime? People are trying to indoctrinate me into the anime fandom though. I'm willing to give it a chance.

I'm pretty open-minded and level-headed, and very friendly once I get past my initial fear of people. If anyone wants to chat it'd be totally, completely welcome, as I'm quite lonely - and if you have an equine character and would like a cutesy sketch of them, send me a PM? I may be able to whip something up in the name of friendship.
5 Jan 2017, 9:49 am
in What's your favorite animal(s)?? (go to post)
Horses/equines are my absolute favorite, though that's kind of obvious. Snakes make me happy too.
I also really love cats.
I have a certain soft spots for "farm" animals, too. Cows, pigs, chickens, turkeys, sheep, goats.

And I rather like ferrets, because they remind me of happy things. c:
30 Dec 2016, 1:13 pm
in Caption the Avatar Above You [GAME!] (go to post)
Glam_Gator Edgy creature takes a magnificent selfie.

deerSkullz Oh is it? I had no idea lol - I've heard of it but don't know much about it. I take it you're a big fan?
30 Dec 2016, 12:57 pm
in Caption the Avatar Above You [GAME!] (go to post)
deerSkullz I may look cute but inside I'm dead.
29 Dec 2016, 11:27 am
in Type with your eyes closed (go to post)
wat. war. neber cjamhes.

//neber. I'm giggling.

Type: Zebras are super stripey.
28 Dec 2016, 9:35 am
in What's your favorite thing about your fursona? (go to post)
She's a horse. That makes me incredibly happy. <3