Emeraldheart's Recent Posts

23 Dec 2016, 12:32 pm
in Pets for newbies!! (go to post)
Do I still count as a newbie? Lol. Thank you for doing this, it's very generous!
animated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgr
22 Dec 2016, 8:57 am
in Surprise raffle (CLOSED) (go to post)
I'd get my dad the literal Millenium Falcon
animated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgranimated_snowflake_icon__for_dark_backgr
22 Dec 2016, 6:53 am
in Word Association (go to post)
Monastery
21 Dec 2016, 5:02 pm
in ★ Winter Solstice ★ Contests And More! (go to post)
Nyello! What I love about the holiday season is everyone's spirit of giving and friendliness. I wish it could last year round :(

And hello again! And my favorite animals are cats and owls (barn owls specifically). :3

(Entering for Blueprints and Seeds)
21 Dec 2016, 4:57 pm (Edited 21 Dec 2016, 4:58 pm)
in Best villager name above you (go to post)
Camo I'm always a sucker for Eternity

EDIT: Wow ok a lot of people posted in the time I was gone

kellic STACYS MOM oh my god yes
21 Dec 2016, 1:56 pm
in Best villager name above you (go to post)
kiokota I'm a fan of Zinovy!!
21 Dec 2016, 12:34 pm
in 10000+ FC holiday raffle! (Closed) (go to post)
Szaloncukor ;0
21 Dec 2016, 9:21 am
in - Compliment a villager of person above you! (go to post)
I love the costume!! ;w;
20 Dec 2016, 7:02 am
in done!! (go to post)
;w;
Thanks for the chance!!
13 Dec 2016, 8:24 pm
in Cat Advice? (go to post)
Oh my goodness! Have fun with your new kitty!!

I got a kitten back at the beginning of summer, so I'm an expert now. ;0 (haha not really but feel free to take my advice!)

Alright, so...

I'm guessing it's going to be an indoors cat, so definitely get a litter pan. Like a good one, not a cheap one - it'll be worth it. And get clumping litter, as well; it makes life a lot easier. Just keep it clean!! Scoop often. Make sure you get kitten food, not adult cat food, since kittens need a lot more protein and stuff than an adult cat. You'll probably want to slowly ease them into their new environment, especially if you have any other pets or small children. It'll take some getting used to! Just let them take their time and keep them safe and secluded for a little while.
They'll want to chew, claw, and lick stuff, so make sure things like rusty metal and wires and Christmas trees are kept out of the way so they don't ingest anything bad. :3 (or get electrocuted) Learn how to read a cat's body language!! I have no idea if you've had cats in the past, but if you haven't, this is important. Learning to know a cat's emotions/warning signs/whatever will help you understand them a lot better! Pet them and hold them a lot so they get used to you (but don't push it - read their body language to know when they want to get down/get away). As a kitten, they're going to want a play A LOT, but as they get older, they'll calm down (eventually). When kittens are very young, they're going to sleep a ton, but after a few months, they will be sprinting around all the time, so prepare to keep them out of trouble. A scratchy cardboard thing/scratching post or such may help with any clawing!
In order to keep them away from areas you don't want them to be (ex the counter) use a little spray bottle or something maybe? Most cats simply don't like water, so they'll be deterred if you spray them. (Obviously just a little bit, though - a soaked cat won't do anyone any good. :3) Most cats also seem to be afraid of tin foil/metal noises, so perhaps line things with foil if you want them to stay away. Play with your kitten a lot! They'll let you know when they're tired, hungry, whatever.
Establish some semblance of a feeding schedule, keep the food and water in separate rooms probably. A healthy mixture of wet and dry food is probably the best diet. (only occasional treats)
Uh... I'm probably missing so much but like
They're gonna wanna play with everything, go everywhere, and go up on everything. Don't leave important papers lying on the floor because they WILL step on them and dent them. Perhaps tie up your window cords so they don't chew on the ends, keep all ribbon and plastic bags away (they like to chew on these a lot.) Be cautious when opening and closing doors because sometimes they'll stick their paw in the crack between the wall and hinges. Just take some precautions to kitten-proof your house.
Learn how to pick 'em up right so you support their entire body.
Oh and probably don't play with them with your hands! They'll learn it's okay to bite and scratch, and it may not hurt now, but when they're bigger and stronger and have waayyy sharper claws... ow. Always use a toy, or if you're really dedicated to training them, you could try a work glove (so they know it's okay to play with your hand only if you have the glove on). This might not work, though, so probably just avoid hand play.

TL;DR! I'm probably forgetting stuff BUT - Play with them often. Make sure you've got good litter, good pan, good food. Don't let them eat bad stuff. Practice gentle discipline. Learn their body language!! And uh! There you have it! Sorry this is such a mess lol.
Again, good luck with your kitten!! They are definitely a handful, but it's an incredibly rewarding (and cute) experience to own a cat. :3
13 Dec 2016, 9:30 am
in Shifty Morphing Potion giveaway for newbies! (go to post)
I'll try for a spot! ;w;
13 Dec 2016, 6:18 am
in Looking to help newbies (go to post)
Just a question - what is a pinglist? I've seen it used multiple times but I have no idea what it is or what they're used for.
12 Dec 2016, 1:44 pm
in [T] trading minipets (go to post)
I'll take a brown Ray if you have any left! :3
12 Dec 2016, 1:33 pm (Edited 12 Dec 2016, 1:34 pm)
in Light vs Darkness (go to post)
2??

My phone is glitching big time.
12 Dec 2016, 12:38 pm
in Costume Edit Raffle - Winter Raffle [0/25 left] (go to post)
*ID#: 76349
*Username: Emeraldheart
Favorite Species: #1 Cat #2 Owl (Barn owls)
*Favorite Color: Purple!
Hobby: Doodling
*Newbie or Beta: N00b 8)

This looks so fun! Good luck to everyone who enters!!
12 Dec 2016, 11:54 am
in Free stuff, mainly for newbies! (go to post)
Emeraldheart

Explorer doesn't need anything to so their job.
I'll just send something over!

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it. :3
12 Dec 2016, 11:10 am

Emeraldheart

Well, do you have any careers in mind, for your next villager? Maybe that'll help!

Probably an Explorer? :3
12 Dec 2016, 9:23 am
Any tips on making FC? Animal Husbandry seems like it takes a while to pay off, but it also seems fun, so I don't want to change it... Haha.

Try getting another villager and make them an explorer. Just sell the raw materials and you should make a bit c:

Thank you so much!! I didn't really think of that. :)
12 Dec 2016, 9:15 am
Any tips on making FC? Animal Husbandry seems like it takes a while to pay off, but it also seems fun, so I don't want to change it... Haha.
12 Dec 2016, 6:18 am
Hiya! I'll happily take whatever you feel like giving me. I don't know much about the different items yet, so anything is fine. :)
11 Dec 2016, 8:31 pm
in closed drawing winners!! (go to post)
owo what's this

funny video uwu

and I hope you like the pic! ;w;
Orion%20Fursona%20IMG_zpsbfcbfowr.png
11 Dec 2016, 3:35 pm
in Are You New? Introduce Yourself Below! (go to post)
Hiya! I'm Emeraldheart, artist and cat lover. I literally *just* joined up, and was wondering if anyone has any pointers or tips for me. This website seems really cool! I look forward to getting to know more of the community. ;)