DogNamedCat's Recent Posts

2 Feb 2019, 8:52 am
in D0ZE's Painties and Art [USD] (go to post)
@DoZe I'm interested in a paintie commission that's mostly just a recolor for a goat base. Are you available?
2ue73at.png
2 Apr 2018, 6:23 am
in Rose's Paintie and Orginal Species Adoption Agency (go to post)
RoseDisciple The paintie was accepted.
2ue73at.png
27 Mar 2018, 12:38 am
RoseDisciple is the Flaiodon premade still available?

The Oil Slick one is still available yes!

Cool, I'll take it.
2ue73at.png
27 Mar 2018, 12:05 am
RoseDisciple is the Flaiodon premade still available?
2ue73at.png
30 Dec 2017, 8:29 pm
in Villager Species Suggestion Megathread (go to post)
Friendly cow expert coming in with a small PSA: Oxen is not a breed or species of bovine. That's like suggesting a gelding horse or a service dog. Oxen are typically steers (a fixed male) trained to be beasts of burden, but cows and bulls (a bull is an intact male) are also sometimes used. You can use any breed or age of domestic cattle as an ox.

Somebody suggested it, I added it. I think.

I don't know bull about cows.

Was...was this a pun >_>

Yes.
2ue73at.png
30 Dec 2017, 4:51 pm
Friendly cow expert coming in with a small PSA: Oxen is not a breed or species of bovine. That's like suggesting a gelding horse or a service dog. Oxen are typically steers (a fixed male) trained to be beasts of burden, but cows and bulls (a bull is an intact male) are also sometimes used. You can use any breed or age of domestic cattle as an ox.

Somebody suggested it, I added it. I think.

I don't know bull about cows.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm
I0dine said:
Uhh, samoyed villager better be added to the site

please that's all I want

and there's already a doberman villager

I blame the Furvilla wiki for not having it.

Nertz.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 8:35 pm
-leopard seals
-cairn terrier
-REALISTIC spiders (tarantula, huntsman spider, jumping spider, long-jawed orb weaver, pelican spider, argyrodes colubrinus)
-rhinoceros viper snake
-blue coral snake
-basilisk lizard
-tapeworm
-frilled lizard
-matamata turtle

I gotta admit, "tapeworm" has to be the most unorthodox suggestion so far.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 4:44 pm
The Rosy Maple Moth and the Poodle Moth are now among the most popular votes.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 2:57 pm
The list has been edited so species on Kiwiggle's To-Do List are italicized, and the list is linked right at the top of the post.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 2:29 pm
For those interested in what the artist is currently working on, planning on, etc. just click the to do list http://www.furvilla.com/profile/3692

Thank you! I will add this to the OP.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 2:19 pm
Man, I was not expecting so many people to want Civets.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 2:00 pm (Edited 21 Dec 2017, 2:05 pm)
DogNamedCat
but scorpions are presumed scrapped as they are not on the to do list

Alrighty then. I'll add them. Newts, Salamanders and Axolotls now have their own category.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 1:12 pm
DogNamedCat
also, did you add my votes for pangolins, flightless birds and add scorpions to the list?

Yes. Scorpions, along with newts, hedgehogs, goats and sheep, are above the New Species list as species with confirmed concept art.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 12:33 pm
Ninjago They're popular with the people that responded to this thread, anyway.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 12:22 pm
So far, spiders, pangolins and bats are the most popular choices besides sheep and goats.

Didn't think anybody saw that coming.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 10:44 am
Have Sergals been added to the list yet? It’d be cool to see some.

Sergals will not be added to the list as their creator doesn't want them on the site.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 10:34 am
Also I added Tardigrades to "Bears" because I'm obviously a hilarious jokester.
2ue73at.png
21 Dec 2017, 10:30 am (Edited 21 Dec 2017, 10:33 am)
Added all the new votes!

When goats and sheep are officially added, I'll have a list for all the different suggested breeds. There's a lot of really good suggestions.

Also it might not be a bad idea for mongooses and their cousins to have their own separate species, as "mustelids" as a category was more meant for weasel or badger-like animals... but skunks have their own species. Staff seems to play fast and loose with these groupings.
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 8:08 pm
Baaaahh who's suggesting Angus cattle? Those are the most boring cows alive, they're just one solid black color with no horns (even bulls. No, you cannot tell cows from bulls by their horns). Lemmie get some real beauties on that suggestion list!

Aurochs: Ancestor of modern cattle. Long snout, thin hips, more shapely body, stronger back.

Spanish fighting bull: They can be that 'black angus' coloration with actual line differences. Fighting bulls, or Toros Bravos, have a very prominent bulge of muscles on the back, a longer, more Aurochs-like face, and dangerous and impressive horns. They're bred to be strong-looking.

English Longhorn: Look at those beautiful, curved horns! Their markings are quite pretty, too.

Any kind of Indian cattle breed: Large dewlap, long and thin snout, large hump. We could really use a base for one of these. For a specific breed to point to, baragur are my personal favorite, but red sindhis are excellent as well

I don't know nothin' about cows man, I'm just throwing out names.

Angus is just there in case anybody wanted their villager to be delicious.
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 7:04 pm
For cat, Andean Mountain Cat:
da967564d0fd4bd8d6be6d9a946073bc.jpg?w=1
Can you ever say that you saw a green cat? Now you can! (They aren't really green. It's a combination of many hair colors that makes them appear green-grey!)
andean+mountain+cat+2.jpg

Other species that I would like to see: goats, sheep, spiders, pigs/boars, hippos, rhinos, and elephants.

Also, I really wouldn't want to see armadillos grouped together with pangolins. They aren't even in the same order, much less the same family. Pangolins are from the order Pholidota, while armadillos are from the order Cingulata which even includes prehistoric Cingulata such as the Glyptodon. If pangolins were grouped with anything at all, it should be with anteaters, since they are much more closely related to them than armadillos. I'm obsessed with armadillos and Cingulata in general, and I think Pholidota are pretty neat on their own! Both deserve to be in their own special groups!

I'm learning so much today! I've edited the list accordingly.
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 6:37 pm
Things I really want that are on the list:

-ALL OF THOSE BATS.
-The moths (especially the death's head moth and the Atlas moth)
-The burrowing owl and pygmy owl
-The potoo
-Mongooses, which are honestly diverse enough that they should probably just be their own separate species (especially since they're not related to mustelids at all, so there should at least be an asterisk there). Even meerkats are in the mongoose family, and I know a lot of people would probably kill to have one of those.
-The western hognose snake
-Opossums
-Toads
-Spiders

Things I really want that aren't on the list:

-The big-eared bat
-The European adder

Huh. I learned something today!

Yeah, I really want basically all of those bats. I tried to narrow them down to a handful that looked distinct enough to warrant their own variant so I didn't get carried away.
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 6:31 pm
Norja4 StormWendjule RGDlightteam Lyrebird Your votes have been added! Thanks, guys!
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 6:11 pm
I really wanna see a kangaroo honestly ;v;

Same!

I'm adding tally marks next to species in the thread. We'll see how that goes.
2ue73at.png
20 Dec 2017, 6:06 pm (Edited 20 Dec 2017, 6:09 pm)
Laz said:
I don't have anything to add, I apologize, but I do want to share that I saw Caribou on here, and in fact there is already Caribou art for the game (which you can get using a magic plush)!

latest?cb=201612161655161434-magical-caribou-deer-plush.png

Noted! I was just using the Furvilla wiki, which is apparently slightly out of date.

I can definitely say I want a goat one!!

Since concept art of goats exists, we're probably going to get goats eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I really want some goats and sheep.

Kookaburras,we need Kookaburras.

I'll add them under Corvids.

We need a rosy maple moth!

blease,,,, i want to see a poodle moth that looks like this baby,,,, because i'm in lov
CkMaD6oVEAAMvC1.jpg

Added!
2ue73at.png