Honey_Comb's Recent Posts

27 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm
in so I need dog help/advice (go to post)
@ everyone thank you so much for all the help!!
tumblr_m509yjUVF91qb1380.giftumblr_m509yjUVF91qb1380.gif
Literal Internet Trash
27 Jul 2017, 6:57 pm
I have the same problem with my dog. If your poodle isn't hurting other pets or neighbors then I think you should do something about it because they can actually kick you out because of the complaints.
I considered calling management and explaining my situation, but until I know for sure that I am in trouble because of this, I figured I would just wait a while and see. (The secretary at the front desk of the leasing office said there were complaints, but so far I haven't gotten into any actual trouble)
Literal Internet Trash
27 Jul 2017, 6:52 pm
I0dine
I read that shock collars and muzzles can prevent dogs from barking, but I'm worried about the things morally wrong about that, so I guess I'll do more research and see if I can find anything!
Literal Internet Trash
27 Jul 2017, 6:41 pm
bump :0
Literal Internet Trash
27 Jul 2017, 6:22 pm
(So before I start, I'd like to mention that I live in an apartment complex and that the walls are practically paper thin. Also my dogs can be v e r y loud)

Alright so I have a large standard poodle named Windsor and A large golden retriever named Waldo. Windsor is extremely energetic and friendly, but because of his size and overall behavior he can come off as aggressive (he is not). Waldo is just fat and old (he's not super important here)

Anyway, there is a dog park in the middle of the complex which everyone takes their dogs to, this wouldn't really be a problem if my poodle didn't get excited around new people and other dogs. Because he gets very excited and starts barking, most of my neighbors are too scared to bring their dogs inside the park with him. It wasn't really a big deal until one of my close family friends (who lives in the same building as us) told us that my sister and I have had rumors spread about us and our dog.

So to see what they were saying, my brother took our older golden retriever to the park ( he doesn't normally take the dogs out so our neighbors don't know him) Turns out word got around that our poodle is "aggressive and dangerous", "Obnoxiously loud", and "Needs a choke collar" Now people have actually started complaining to management over these rumors and giving my sister and I bad looks when they see us outside with the dogs.

Is there anything I could do about this situation, or should I just ignore it?
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 8:58 pm
in lgbt question? (go to post)
Honey_Comb
Remember you didn't do anything wrong here.
You asked about something that you want to know.
Thats a good thing that you want to learn more :)

yeah I know that now thanks ;v;!
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 8:40 pm
Honey_Comb

Nah, you're fine! There's nothing to forgive, ahaha. I understand not everyone would know about the finer details of this stuff; you didn't upset me that much, just be mindful of your wording for next time? c:

Google is your friend, by the way! Mostly. If you wanna ask me stuff too, you're more than welcome to PM me.

That post wasn't directed at you that much anyway, it was to the person I pinged.

Thanks for being mature and apologizing/fixing the wording. :)
aaa thank you so much for understanding ;;v; it really means a lot to me
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 8:36 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 8:37 pm)
kattiterroristi

*Transphobic.

Also, that's not rude. As a trans person who gets my identity attacked and invalidated all the time, having someone even vaguely imply it is a disorder, even unintentionally, is very upsetting.

But sure, shame on us trans people who get nothing but flack and mistreatment for our identities, am I right?

Sheesh.
I'm uh very sorry if I upset you in some way, I apologized for my statement as I realized it could be hurtful,, so please understand that I never intended to invalidate anyone in any way. I hope that you can forgive me
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 8:29 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 8:32 pm)
kattiterroristi
thanks for sticking up for me, but I can see where they're coming from,, I should've done more research or at least worded the question a bit differently in order to prevent people from feeling invalidated or uncomfortable hhah,,
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 8:05 pm
I think that OP misphrased - given the way they posed the question, i doubt it was intended to be offensive.

Honey_Comb I'd agree with the person who said it's probably similar to depression. I can't say for sure since I don't have gender dysphoria / am not trans, but I can imagine so. I'd recommend maybe not phrasing it like there's something "wrong" with people (by which I mean different, using wrong only as people take it that way) so you don't get too many heated responses. ^^

thank you ;v; I realize that I really could've worded it better, but that is my own fault for not more thinking before typing lol
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 7:56 pm
sesame said:
Honey_Comb

Just for clarification, are you asking if dysphoria is a mental issue or being transgender? I don't want people jumping on you because of misinterpretation.

aa I guess I could've been clearer,, sorry about that ;v; I was asking if being transgender was somehow a mental issue/condition. (this is because I read that dysphoria was a condition)
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 7:48 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 7:51 pm)
Honey_Comb

There's actually some pretty hot debate on whether being transgender is something that should be diagnosed like a disorder, even within the community, due to the frequent need of medical procedures to alleviated dysphoria and insurance refusing to help pay for that if it isn't considered a disease that needs treating. All that being said, it would be incredibly rude to act as though it were a disease/disorder outside of discussing it in a purely medical/legal context, and your best bet would be simply treating it the same as if someone were gay.

Dysphoria is sort of like going down the stairs in the dark and you misjudge how many stairs there are- it's just sort of jarring and wrong feeling. I hope this helped!

that's actually really interesting :0 I never realized how big of a debate it was in the community, but thank you for explaining!
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 7:45 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 7:46 pm)
DivideByZiro

thank you so much,, that really cleared it up for me ;v;
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 7:38 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 7:39 pm)
Khoufu said:
No, but it can feel similar to depression.

aa thank you that makes a lot more sense now ;;v;

edit; also teaunicorn and slaycier that really helps thank you for explaining!
Literal Internet Trash
17 Jul 2017, 7:30 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2017, 8:15 pm)
(I'd like to thank RedlaSunShowers029 for showing me how to rephrase the question)

so I figured that because furvilla has a large lgbtq+ userbase,, I would ask this here? So I am not very familiar with the lgbtq+ community and I recently learned about gender dysphoria.

So,, the google definition for gender dysphoria says "the condition of feeling one's emotional and psychological identity as male or female to be opposite to one's biological sex." There is also an article by the American Psychiatric Association that talks about gender dysphoria.

So now that I know that trans people have gender dysphoria,, does that mean that gender dysphoria is a diagnosable disorder?? (((please do not take this the wrong way, I am not very educated about the lgbt+ community, but I do not intend to hurt anyone or cause problems))

edit:: so I learned that not ALL trans, nb, etc. people have gender dysphoria, so I would like to apologize for my statement saying "So now that I know that trans people have gender dysphoria,, does that mean that being transgender means you have some sort of mental illness or condition??" I now realize how harmful and degrading this statement can seem
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 3:14 pm
in Help, how do I shade my art? (go to post)
Moshemouse
aa sorry for the late reply,, hatching is like when you draw thin lines close together to create shading. If you want you can look up pictures to get an example ;v;
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 2:33 pm
in Help, how do I shade my art? (go to post)
Moshemouse
Maybe you could try hatching? o<o
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 2:27 pm (Edited 15 Jun 2017, 2:29 pm)
in The Red Pill documentary? (go to post)
Mens right activist? I havent really heard about those before. Seems interesting. Do they like want to remove the whole 'men must be so and so' ? Or is it just one of those things meant to countsr womens right activists?

I don't personally believe that the MRA is supposed to counter feminism or women's rights activists, So I think it would be more like defying stereotypes and fighting other problems that men face, but I do not know much about the MRA movement, so I would recommend checking out MRA websites

edit: Draikou explains it perfectly
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 2:17 pm (Edited 15 Jun 2017, 2:18 pm)
Documentary looks interesting but the fact they called the documentary "The Red Pill" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm aware the MRA does some genuinely good things, but the red pill/blue pill, "we're enlightened and everyone else believes in lies" is not one of them.

^^^agree. They could have named it something different
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 1:53 pm
LadyAxeFace tattletail
aa thank you guys! It's nice to hear that it doesn't really take sides, which is something I don't see very often
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 1:37 pm
Draikou
whoa thank you!! I'll probably watch it soon
Sheelah
It's a documentary about the men's rights movement I believe,,
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 1:33 pm
i'm kind of afraid to watch it lmao

ack same here
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 1:16 pm
bump?
Literal Internet Trash
15 Jun 2017, 1:10 pm
Has anyone seen "The Red Pill" documentary?? It seemed quite interesting and I was considering watching it, so if anyone has seen it, let me know your thoughts! o<o
Literal Internet Trash
1 May 2017, 3:07 pm (Edited 1 May 2017, 3:07 pm)
in ☆彡 Honey's PWYW Art Shop ミ☆ (go to post)
shoto atilla Hypernova Ralecune ScissorMouth deerSkullz
guys I'm really sorry for never finishing/ getting back to you about commisions,, I'm just really unmotivated and going through a rough patch in my life right now and need some time to get back on my feet. thanks for understanding ;v;
Literal Internet Trash