Rhee's Recent Posts

26 Mar 2020, 9:55 am (Edited 26 Mar 2020, 10:06 am)
in serpent festival discussion/feedback thread (go to post)
1. do you think its an improvement?
I guess? i don't really know as a casual I'm finding it very hard to even participate in it.

2. what can be done to make it better?
Simplify it, is there a reason that the easier to breed pets aren't being accepted? are they not good enough for the serpent? why are the battle grounds even the 'easy' levels so hard?

3. are you satisfied with the event?
No, i'm barely participating, i did check up on the site frequently in anticipation but it seems like an item dump event for people who have the time/resources

4. having fun?
No,

5. what parts do you like and dislike?
the art is great, the needing time/resources mechanic sucks. I was hoping for something fun and this wasn't and I'm not to sure if I even want to put in the effort, this time. U.U

6. are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
casual veteran I suppose, i was hoping for maybe one or two shop items but doesn't look like I'll get anything to donate to the serpent because its expensive tastes.

7. do you like the items so far?
the art is nice,

edited due to a computer/user error. My lappy is old it could attend grade school and some of the buttons are loose/sensitive
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
14 Oct 2019, 10:10 pm
in dino heads (go to post)
acrylics will probably work well and maybe some primer so it sticks, recommend looking for those many sales the art/craft stores have and getting a midline set of paints. when done you should seal the paint and that can be done with krylon spray or I've been told mod podge.

I use the spray cause I'm lazy
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
1 Feb 2018, 8:47 pm
in Large hair on fursuit heads (go to post)
take a piece of foam make the under structure and then put fur on it with the pile going up. pretty much it.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
22 Jan 2018, 10:06 pm
in retractable claws? (go to post)
so a friend made a novel idea of an inner glove that had claws mounted to it and she moved that in and out of her furry paws which gave the allusion of retractable claws, though notably her control wasn't the best and she still had some bugs to work out, like anchoring the furry paws to her arms with elastic or a cord cause the shifting tended to make the paws slide off the inner clawed gloves.

they were also rather hot

so you could always try that
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
7 Jan 2018, 3:45 pm
in Is it a good idea to make a head at this point? (go to post)
if you build the head on a hat you could have an adjustable head, which can also be done with resin
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
2 Jan 2018, 11:01 am
in My reaction to the Squookie (go to post)
I want to eat the mini pets

bring it up at every con meet I go to, why can't we? and here they are teasing us with food themed pets!
>:/
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
11 Dec 2017, 12:25 am
in Fursuit Beginner... Where to start? (go to post)
well you can just google search this you know

not to hard there tons of makers have made tutorials and such

I'd recommend trying a tail first see if sewing is your thing
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
12 Nov 2017, 12:01 pm
in Describe your fursona in three words (go to post)
confused fish dog
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
12 Nov 2017, 11:58 am
in Handheld Fans? (go to post)
https://www.thewarmingstore.com/o2-cool-deluxe-necklace-fan.html?productid=o2-cool-deluxe-necklace-fan&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=SolidCactus
where I get mine, it works really well you just have to make sure the intake area isn't blocked
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
3 Nov 2017, 11:30 am
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
would be nice if people could stop interrupting me while I read, maybe I should get on the roof
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
1 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm
in I'm sad this month's feast pet isn't a turkey (go to post)
we can't eat them so what does it matter :C

the pandas look delicious
also maybe the turkey dinner for december since not everyone celebrates thanksgiving
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
25 Oct 2017, 11:09 am
in Fursuit acting tips? (go to post)
grooming yourself is something cute to do during the lull in activity, What Xen posted is spot on you don't want to break character and become another character
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
21 Oct 2017, 2:52 pm
in Been working on a Fursuit (go to post)
make a dtd of yourself and put the tights/lycra over that you'll probably need to stuff it.
then you can glue the foam on without burning yourself on the legs.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
20 Oct 2017, 10:09 am
in torn between what to make a suit of... (go to post)
A therizinosaurus would be neat to see, and if you decide you don't like it you could sell it as it wouldn't be your fursona.

the claws could be vinyl with the super shaggy mongolian fur, and tick padding, maybe even a body pod if one could figure out that magic.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
20 Oct 2017, 9:54 am
in Fursuit head critique? (go to post)
the nose seems very small but I'm not sure if that was a stylistic choice

it looks very nice the shaving is smooth and the mouth has the smile!
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
20 Sep 2017, 10:25 am
in First partial fursuit (WIP) (go to post)
Pikminbleu
Its really what you have on hand, I know people with paper mache heads, nothing wrong with it, camp foam, someone tried a polyfill head [that was terrifying].

so for yoga mats you've done a pretty good job but you're probably finding it pretty annoying to work down that foam at this point. I know I would and I hate carving
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
19 Sep 2017, 10:39 am
Pikminbleu
I know a fur who has made heads out of camping foam [not sure what that is] and her heads are nice. Yes its better for carving.

yoga mat foam is usually for ears and fins, things that don't need a lot of volume,

That jaw system you have though is pretty nifty,
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
18 Sep 2017, 7:15 pm
you may want to use some upholstery foam as it will fill space more and be less heavy in the long run.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
15 Sep 2017, 8:12 pm
in Fursuit Performance (go to post)
Sassy and flirty for Tide, and Jerky, spastic, hyper as Ed whom is a griffin to capture the bird quirk. Ed and Tide both talk. But for the most part they don't unless direct fur to fur interaction

I do have a voice changer with bird calls but I've used it once or twice its got a limiting set up, but works well for the bird calls
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
8 Sep 2017, 4:18 pm
in A little bit of help? (go to post)
Icystorm2
If you're able to get a resin base that is similar shape to what you want you can padded out the base to look like the desired character. then install all the fans you like in the base

or with all foam make the base and when you finally have what you want go about placing vents in the foam, hollowing out the maw around the back throat so your mouth and nose have more ventilation. if the vents are big enough and there is enough room for them you can place fans in them to help mitigate the heat.

make sure to get a balaclava and maybe invest in the ice pack neck cooler thing, I have the vest and it works pretty well in Florida during conventions
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
8 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm (Edited 8 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm)
in Cheap Partial maker? (go to post)
I have a head and tail thats up for 300$ on furbuy its pretty much what Choccie said above me. Practicing some things working with extra fur. meh

Its a good quality but it's probably not what you are looking for :P
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
10 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm
in Fursuit Sales: Educate me pls (go to post)
Stick with a dog or a fox. Both sell rather well.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
19 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm
in Share the LOVE! Activity Thread (go to post)
RedlaSunShowers029
I'm very happy we managed to meet at the FWA furvilla panel. It was refreshing to see someone really involved in the community in the literature side. I'm glad you reached out to me after the convention, I had already forgotten your name. I had thought I had lost you forever <.<;; Here's to chatting about lore and seeing our FWA ideas coming true.
[pinecone with eyes]
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
14 Jun 2017, 7:43 pm (Edited 14 Jun 2017, 7:44 pm)
in Rare Fursuit Species You want to see? (go to post)
I just bought a foam dino base :D so I'm going to say any extinct animal would be nice, yeah.

or a banana because that would be cool
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
1 Jun 2017, 10:28 am
in June New Items Thread (go to post)
RedlaSunShowers029
don't forget xen's! we came up with a lot of odd stuff in that panel and it would be nice to be credited with it xD
but not necessary as the few of us know what happened at that panel
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png