MalGV's Recent Posts

22 Apr 2018, 7:25 pm (Edited 24 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm)
in lf dragon artist (paused) (go to post)
Hey there! I’ve always enjoyed drawing dragons, have many years of art experience and would love to do a bust of your cool dragon for the right price. Check out my website, www.MatronicArt.com and look through my art and let me know if you’re ok with me doing the job. ;)
19 Apr 2018, 9:21 pm
in Universal Furvilla Wishlist (go to post)
★ Wishlist! ★

All I want is just Pets:

2864-striped-dunk.png 2090-strawberry-two-scoop-sloth.png 2091-spumoni-two-scoop-sloth.png 390-black-manti.png 2696-amethyst-bauble-crab.png 2698-tanzanite-bauble-crab.png 2498-sapphire-shrimplet.png 2500-mantis-shrimplet.png 2741-arctic-worgon.png 1782-blue-frog.png 459-icy-ferret.png 3242-white-suchilla.png

(Will update with time.)

Thank you for the opportunity!
14 Apr 2018, 11:30 pm (Edited 14 Apr 2018, 11:32 pm)
in Looking to commission a character! (go to post)
tigerstripes175

Aaaaand it's done! I gave it a border, title and got down the rest of the main info. Hopefully I remembered everything!

3FFgz8h.jpg

This is a slightly big file, so do you have an email or something where I can send it or will getting it from Imgur be fine? (The original file is a PNG, but Imgur keeps turning it into a crappy JPEG.)

It was great working with you! And thanks again for the fast payment. Got a lot of cool Super Rares this Easter. ;) Have a great day!
13 Apr 2018, 6:15 pm
tigerstripes175

Hey, update time!

Thank so much for the color references and for the artistic freedom; you're great to work with!

Anyways, here are the lines for Shade's Human form:

R5v7D9p.png

Hopefully I did a good job at letting her personality and sharp teeth shine through!

Her Anthro form colors are almost done and I've also started her Human colors, too. I'm also putting the whole ref sheet together. It should be done in another week or so! ;)
6 Apr 2018, 9:09 pm
tigerstripes175

Hey there!

I started Shade's Human form, I'll show you when that line work is done before coloring like the Anthro.

I need a little help with the colors. Could you take those same 2 color palette sets you sent me and label them with where they go for each of Shade's forms please? Thanks in advance!
2 Apr 2018, 2:07 pm
tigerstripes175

Hey tigerstripes175! Here's the first WIP shot. I got the outlines of Shade's anthro form done, and next I'm going to apply the colors before moving on to her Human form. Hope you like it so far!

tK4BfKY.png

Here's the link to the bigger version: https://imgur.com/tK4BfKY

(BTW, the grey background is not the color I'm going to use on the final refsheet. That's just a color I use when doing line art.)
30 Mar 2018, 7:07 pm (Edited 30 Mar 2018, 7:07 pm)
tigerstripes175

Thanks for sending those great color palettes! I especially appreciate that you took the time to label them. (Saved them to my computer.)

Ok! I thought about it, and I can do it for the 566FD (don't worry about the wait, I know these things take time). I have a few more questions regarding the rest of the refsheet: did you have a particular font that you would like me to write the information in, or are you ok with me picking one out that fits? Did you have any specific color in mind for the background, or is it up to me (keep in mind background colors should be slightly subdued so not to distract from the images/info)? And lastly, what is your character's name?

Finally, yes, I can certainly apply those colors to those parts of the character! If there isn't anything else, I'll get started on the refsheet as soon as I get the FD. :) I can also send you updates to this thread if you'd like.
28 Mar 2018, 8:16 pm (Edited 28 Mar 2018, 8:26 pm)
tigerstripes175

Great!

So just to be clear, I'll be doing the colored images and you'll just apply them to your own refsheet? If you want me to actually do a whole refsheet, it'll be worth more. The images themselves will be easy for me to get done and yes, I can do them for 140FD. I'll get started once you send the cash.

Also, could you send me some color samples that I can eyedrop in Photoshop?
28 Mar 2018, 6:56 pm
tigerstripes175

Ok I'm back, thanks for waiting!

So for the first image, which is the anthro version of your bat character, I'm assuming you would like it to be in a semi-realistic style? And would you like me to color it as well or would you just like the line work and you can color it? For just the line work, I can easily do that for 50FD. However, if you want me to color them too, it will be 70FD.

Next for the more human form, same questions as above. Also same prices as the anthro image.

Lastly, the price: are you able to get more FD? And if not, do you have any Minipets you'd be ok with paying with instead of FC or FD? We'll be going by Stall price, of course! (I'm sorry to say I don't use Chicken Smoothy or Flight Rising.)

If none of this is doable for you, that's totally ok! Feel free to let me know whenever you're ready.
28 Mar 2018, 12:23 am
tigerstripes175

Great to hear, and thank you very much! I'll contact you again tomorrow since it's actually pretty late here, I hope that's ok. I look forward to working for you!
28 Mar 2018, 12:14 am (Edited 28 Mar 2018, 12:15 am)
Hi there!

I'm available for commissioning! Normaly I only take cash money in Paypal for art commissions, but I think I can do you a reference sheet for this cool-looking character (I like the colors). If you wanna see examples of my work, here is my website (www.MatronicArt.com).

Let me know if you are interested and I'll estimate the price and we can talk more details.
27 Mar 2018, 7:37 pm
in What's your fursona's origins? (go to post)
My true animal representative, Gwenevere, has always existed in my head as some kind of large, free-tailed bat, usually black colored but with neon purple eyes. Gwen has existed since the time my family and I first discovered a cute little brown bat on a tree in our yard. I also love bats.

Artistically, I have tried drawing versions of her in the past from a very young age, but none of those old versions ever stuck. It wasn't until I graduated college and started working professionally as an artist that I felt I could get down her design.

As she is, Gwen is actually a Bat-Chimera: she is mostly bat, but has elements of bug (Asian Giant Hornet, because I also love bugs), and large birds of prey (Bearded Vulture, because I volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary and have grown fond of predatory birds). Lastly, she is also slightly "alien": her eyes/horizontal pupils are inspired by the Neimoidians from Star Wars (I love those guys, and they're also bugs).
27 Mar 2018, 6:43 pm
in What Self-Publishing Company should I use? (go to post)
Hey everyone still watching this thread,

Sorry to say it seems we didn't get many solid answers, but I'm still happy I was still able to at least get some good suggestions from others. I have decided to go with Lulu.com, mostly because they seem very straight forward and pro-individual author with a lot of options to get your work out.

I'll be abandoning this thread, but thank you all for the support!
18 Feb 2018, 8:19 pm
Imagination-Soars

Yeah, someone else also suggested Hiveworks, but they are more of a "upload all your stuff for free" thing, and I'm looking for an actual Publishing site. However, your suggesting is not bad! I think maybe I can upload the first few pages of Issue 1 on Tapast along with on my site and then offer the whole comic for sale elsewhere. Tapast does not appear to be a publisher of physical media, or at least not that I was able to figure out. Thanks for the suggestion!
17 Feb 2018, 7:43 pm
Bump
16 Feb 2018, 6:46 pm
Bump
15 Feb 2018, 7:41 pm
Bump
12 Feb 2018, 6:16 pm
Bump
9 Feb 2018, 7:49 pm
SparkySpro

Thank you! I'm a tiny bit nervous about putting it out in the public, but I've been working on it/writing scripts/improving it for several years now and I'm excited to see how folks like it and to make a profit.

That's ok! Thank you for pinging me, I'll try to ping everyone who answers this thread and I'll stay subscribed, too.
9 Feb 2018, 7:30 pm
Daddy

Thank you for the suggestion! I checked out Smackjeeves and they only seem to be about web hosting, which is not the same as self-publishing. I'm not looking to put the entire comic online, I'm putting up a few select pages on my website/art sites I'm on as "teasers" and then selling the full published versions on my site and/or from that site. But again, thanks for the suggestion anyways!
8 Feb 2018, 4:26 pm
SparkySpro

That's ok! I'm always happy to give support for another artist/comic creator. :D

And now that you mention times, I have been timing out my Bumps/Responses in the time period of 5:00PM - about 7:00 PM, because this is when folks are normally home from work and are free to go online. And yay, I really appreciate the help! Whenever you can is fine. ;)
6 Feb 2018, 5:36 pm
SparkySpro

Thanks, so do I! And if you do decide to do online webtoons, let me know, I'd like to see them. ;)

Yeah, it's a shame cause it's not like it's already kinda hard/intimidating for folks like us to find the right company to go with. So far I've got Lulu.com on my radar but I'll keep bumping this for more replies/advice.
3 Feb 2018, 6:45 pm
SparkySpro

Cool! Glad I could help out a fellow comic author!

Yeah, I did consider Amazon as well since it's a pretty big company, but I really don't recommend them since they partake in some very abusive/shady business practices that undermine small-business owners/creators (like you and I).
2 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm
Bump
29 Jan 2018, 4:47 pm
Bump