MalGV's Recent Posts

27 May 2020, 8:30 pm (Edited 27 May 2020, 8:31 pm)
in Post Your Current Thought (go to post)
Guess I'm not getting Cresselia cause Steel type has suddenly decided to be the rarest type in the game. >:\
25 May 2020, 3:33 pm
in ★ MalGV's Art Shop ★ [OPEN] (go to post)
Manitka

Hello, hello! Here's your other chibi:

6KSRXif.png

I hope you like it, and thank you for commissioning me; if you'd still like for me to do the third one, feel free to let me know. :)
17 May 2020, 12:12 am
in What's your favorite genre of music? (go to post)
Musicals, opera, archives from The Great American Song Book, classic rock, blues, disco, K-pop/K-rock, gospel, country, and reggae.
12 May 2020, 10:40 pm
in Art improvement tips (go to post)
Here's something I think would really help: I would like for you to start practice drawing basic shapes.

Circles, squares, triangles, simple shapes. Your current work is all fun to look at, but a lot of it lacks structure and feels "wobbly". Basic shapes exist in life, in people, animals, plants, ect., so getting better at these will grant better structure to your work, especially when drawing things like skulls and poses.

The other thing I would like to see you do is just practice drawing lines. Just draw a straight line, then another, and keep going slowly and work on controlling your hand. I think it would be best if you practiced this traditionally along with digitally.

I really think If you got better at simple shapes and learned to control your hand/lines a little better, it would make a world of difference.

Don't overthink it, don't try to make everything a masterpiece. Give yourself the time and patience that you deserve, and break things up into their simplest forms. This is why I think basic shapes and lines are the best place to start. From reading previous comments, I also understand you are stuck using a program that is not the best kind of quality. That's ok! When I needed to practice digital art, I started out using MSPaint of all things! Use what you have to its fullest. I hope things get better for you and good luck practicing!
10 May 2020, 8:13 pm
in Anyone want a Pokemon GO battle? (go to post)
Unfortunately, one of the tasks we have to do in order to do the 2020 Johto Challenge thing is Battle another Trainer.

So one of the things I hate about Pokemon GO is the requirement to battle other people.

It's not that I'm bad at battling (I'm actually pretty good at Gyms and against the Team Leaders). My problem is with the safety issues involved with meeting up with some stranger on the fly.

Now from what I've read, if you are Ultra Friends (3 Hearts) with someone, you can battle Remotely with them, which is good for me since, obviously, we can't leave our houses because of this stupid virus on top of what I mentioned above.

I have 29 Friends and 5 of them are Ultra Friends. So if any of you out there are Ultra Friends with me and are cool with scheduling a remote battle, I would really appreciate it (and it will probably be an easy Win for you anyways). X)
7 May 2020, 12:07 pm
First batch of commissions coming down the hold!

Manitka

y1zMTqu.png

Here's your gardener! I also added some dirt/mud on the pot just for a little added realism. I hope you like it! I'm now sketching out the next one. ;)

RedlaSunShowers029

PKn1y07.png

Here's cute little Sprout! Hope you like it! Also sketching out your next one. ;)

And thanks again to the both of you for being so patient. <3
4 May 2020, 11:03 pm (Edited 4 May 2020, 11:03 pm)
Can someone please explain to me why Deviantart is such a broken site? Like I'm literally just browsing someone's Favorites and if I adjust the window size just a tad, the pictures all disappear and the page absolutely bugs out and struggles to load. I've gotten a "this website is slowing down your browser" notice like 7 times!
30 Apr 2020, 9:02 pm
Things are finally improving around here, and it's about freakin' time.

The parks in Florida are finally reopened! FINALLY! Still sucks that we can't have our beaches back yet, but that and most of the other stuff is tolerable as long as we have a freakin' park to escape to!

In other news, got a bunch of shinies in Pokemon GO! Got 3 shiny Abras on Community Day and a freakin' SHINY ALOLAN EXEGGUTOR from the Field Research reward! I didn't even know you could get shinies from those, and mine's been sitting unclaimed for half a year waiting for Legendaries!
12 Apr 2020, 4:20 pm
in Trading QP festival SR crafts for feathers (go to post)
Thank you! <3
12 Apr 2020, 3:53 pm
Drake_Valos

Awesome! I think I'll take 2 of each, let me know how many feathers you'd like. :)
12 Apr 2020, 3:17 pm
Drake_Valos

I see, well that's ok, I actually somehow managed to just get a Mythic on my third try in Alchemy, so I'm going to try for a Funky one now.

Do you have any Blacklight or Golden Tapestry for trade instead?
12 Apr 2020, 12:34 pm (Edited 12 Apr 2020, 12:34 pm)
Drake_Valos

Hey there! Any chance I can trade you a bunch of feathers for a Funky Serpent's Smoke and/or a Mythic Serpent's Smoke if you still have them?
5 Apr 2020, 8:56 pm
I'm sitting here in the dark, trying to ignore the ungrateful idiot gorilla outside my door that we're trying to keep from dying. Drawing my sona, watching The Spongebob Musical and listening to the "Best Day Ever" song is helping.
1 Apr 2020, 8:14 pm
in [H] Aquatic Costume [W] Pirate Costume (go to post)
Bump.
1 Apr 2020, 5:00 pm (Edited 1 Apr 2020, 5:01 pm)
in serpent festival discussion/feedback thread (go to post)
Even with the generous Pink Supply Sack, I still don't have enough to make one single Serpent's Smoke. That recipe is definitely way too hard/way too expensive, among others.
1 Apr 2020, 10:59 am
Wow, I've been really successful with the Cloud Cows: I bred my first ever SR MiniPet! Yay!
31 Mar 2020, 3:52 pm
in Not playing anymore. Want everything gone for art. (go to post)
Manitka

That's ok, no problem! <3

Thank you very much for providing the references and for the added information on what you would like for each; I now have a much clearer idea on how to do each one. I noted all your requests and am starting the sketches now.

And hey, that's great to hear! I'll go ahead and Reserve a spot on my Quota for you for later. ;)
29 Mar 2020, 7:24 pm (Edited 29 Mar 2020, 7:25 pm)
Manitka

Yep, I can do those two, no problem! I can do them both for 2000FD. Send the trade whenever you get the chance and I'll get right on it! ;)

Aww, that's so sweet! I will make sure I'm available to you whenever you are ready for the next batch of chibis in the future. <3
28 Mar 2020, 5:17 pm
Well I feel kinda dumb for not realizing what the new Quetzal Friends are based on until, like, late yesterday. >>

In other news, I'm infuriated that they closed all our parks! Seriously, everyone was following the rules: we were all staying 6 feet apart, giving everyone space, washing our hands, and making sure there is hand sanitizer available. Yet the authorities still closed off all our parks; they won't even let in us bikers, joggers and hikers! This is so unfair and it just seems so unreasonable; it's also just going to further hurt businesses.

If you start seeing more and more folks out biking and jogging on the sidewalks, don't act surprised. >:[
27 Mar 2020, 1:57 pm
Manitka

Sorry to hear you've lost interest, but I'm happy to hear you'll still be around in the forums.

I didn't see any items I wanted, but I would be happy to do you art for FD. I am just fine doing works for either versions of your character. Art Shop is still in my signature. :)
27 Mar 2020, 1:11 pm
in Bleaching/Dyeing Experiences (go to post)
Ha ha, I've got a funny story from my high school days!

So at some point I started using these face wipes for acne (like everyone at that age usually did), and I happen to have had it bad around an area at my scalp where my hair line begins; I would really rub this stuff in to try and "disinfect" my acne after I had of course messed with them. What I didn't know was these face wipes had a lot of alcohol in them.

At some point I developed this rather attractive blond stripe/streak at the side of my head (I have dark brown curly Rastafarian hair). My parents and brother thought it was so funny and my classmates all loved my "new look", the girls liked playing around with it, too. I kept my streak for the rest of my time there right up to graduation. It was a pretty happy accident!
26 Mar 2020, 10:53 pm
in serpent stuff, plushies & weapons (go to post)
IrishRascal

Would you be willing to accept art in exchange for some of your items? Just thought I’d ask! :)
26 Mar 2020, 4:39 pm
RedlaSunShowers029

Yes, that all sounds just right, thanks for doing the check for me; also, cool characters, I especially like Alder! ;)

Yep, go ahead and send the trade and I'll get right on it! (Added you to the quota.)
26 Mar 2020, 10:47 am
RedlaSunShowers029

Hi, always great to see you back! And yes, I would love to do some chibis for you for those. ;) Feel free to send me the character references. <3
26 Mar 2020, 10:36 am
in [H] Aquatic Costume [W] Pirate Costume (go to post)
Bump.