Furvilla Moving to Chibis?

31 Oct 2018, 1:25 pm
Just wondering if furvilla is moving more towards the chibi/sticker art style, since this is the first time chibis/stickers have been the event villager skin and... that's all there is this year. Not saying if it's a good or bad thing, just a wonder
TplWOEQ.png
robin | 21 | they
tip jar

31 Oct 2018, 1:29 pm
im paraphrasing here but from what i gather, the artist for fv is really really busy right now and chibis are a lot easier for them to do than fully rendered costumes/plushes. there was a forum topic explaining better than i can sonewhere
(he/him) i take commissions!!! formerly slimydeer! sig image leads to my ko-fi lmao
commissions thread / art tumblr / toyhou.se
13816519_zwW2hteSryvMwM4.png
coven  
Aspen already explained Kiwiggles is booked for future events and junk so it is only chibis at the moment yes. But they are planning for more full-style art
SinsVistas.png
Im just happy to have opportunity for a villager style normally priced for USD. XD
I do wish I could collect a plushie, but the sticker itself is nice to collect too <3
25111672_JxvNRIXBUzrBGdP.png
31 Oct 2018, 1:30 pm
I believe it's just for this Festival, since Kiwiggle is fully booked, and they're quicker and easier to create.
ScreenShot5714.jpg
31 Oct 2018, 1:32 pm
Keep in mind; this does open the availability of stickers and chibi villagers to those that can't buy FD or struggle to save up for them
SinsVistas.png
31 Oct 2018, 1:35 pm
i mean like i said i don't feel like its a good or bad thing, i was just looking for explanation. its good to hear kiwiggle isnt working herself to death on this furry game though slimydeer Sinilon
TplWOEQ.png
robin | 21 | they
tip jar
31 Oct 2018, 1:40 pm
coven
I mean she is commissioned to :o she gets paid for it at the least and that goes to her life and gets put in her art portfolio 
SinsVistas.png
31 Oct 2018, 1:42 pm
Sinilon yeah, true, i just remember last year there was some stuff with her having to work while hospitalized/recovering and im just glad its not a repeat of that
TplWOEQ.png
robin | 21 | they
tip jar
31 Oct 2018, 1:42 pm
I don't think they'll necessarily go full-chibi mode, but I find it really nice for users like myself to finally have some chibi villagers because of this event. I wouldn't mind if they went full-chibi mode honestly because they're so cute.
jester/rylie | she/her pronouns | extremely inactive, only here for events

!! ping me when you need me !!
31 Oct 2018, 1:43 pm (Edited 31 Oct 2018, 1:43 pm)
I adore the chibi art style I got like 3 cheshires I got ideas for them just gotta make the painties and see if allowed
pet_22826470_shop_3.png <- please click -> pet_22841227_shop_3.png
dwTP4Bj.png
31 Oct 2018, 1:49 pm
All of the answers here are correct! We have the artist completely booked on other FV projects, so it will be chibis for a little while. :)
3788-twig-of-an-ancient-aspen.png
31 Oct 2018, 1:53 pm (Edited 31 Oct 2018, 1:54 pm)
Edit: sorry i mistook post
31 Oct 2018, 2:11 pm
Here's my two acorns!

Quite frankly, we have so much planned and there's only so much Kiwi can do for us we have to decide how to best use her time. For DMM festival time, it may have come down to either one single magic plush, or 10 chibi recolors.

Its possible a similar thing may happen the next festival or two, but it won't be due to lack of investment, just budgeting Kiwi's time as best we can! The guest art is a similar thing. Its not that we are moving away from Kiwi or villager art style, but there's just only so much one kiwi can do! We also really like the idea of introducing guest art for specific roles like Festival NPC and other rotating NPCs

Rest assured the magical plushes are not gone by any means! Ideally festival goodies will include magic plushies again some day, but for the intermediate term we got Kiwi working on other things. New species anyone? Or how about new costume art? NPCs?

No details to give. But plans are there :)
4294-pine-nut-pot-pie.png
31 Oct 2018, 2:15 pm
Owner-Quinn

I just wanted to say that I really loved the guest art, and think it's a great idea to introduce a little variety to the site. not that I can ever get enough of Kiwi's gorgeous art, that is! I love what you guys have already done and can't wait to see what's in store for the future of the site. <3
Tay_gxdaddy.png
31 Oct 2018, 2:23 pm
I'm really happy that the chibis get to join in on the festival fun. I wouldn't mind seeing both plushies and chibis in future festivals. Maybe some village costumes for chibis eventually?
31 Oct 2018, 3:54 pm
I loved seeing some guest art tbh, and the chibis were a pleasant surprise! I just wish we could collect them to our Toybox similarly to plushies!
741753_original.png
icon by LEZIFIED
Ar-melana dirthavaren. Revas vir-anaris.
31 Oct 2018, 3:57 pm
I'm glad that chibis are now affordable to everyone, so I'm happy with it! I do love plushies since I collect them but I can live with some cute little cheebs.
tumblr_pjdta5FzHr1wf56zyo6_r1_400.png
[: Athena || AroAce || Art for Amethystine Materials :]
[: Icon by jakdacrowe :]
31 Oct 2018, 11:38 pm
I'm really happy that the chibis get to join in on the festival fun. I wouldn't mind seeing both plushies and chibis in future festivals. Maybe some village costumes for chibis eventually?

Ahh yeah! I do admit i am quite fond of both, it's good to see content coming in and it seems like chibi are a good way to give a lot of love to a lot of other species and have new art. But i still love a few plushies here and there. I get that fully rendered fullbodies must be a lot more to commission out and the chibis are cute and have a lot of character for them and freedoms that i've been looking after for a while, but it does seem like a change to suddenly release them out, although no complaint here! ^_^
F9x4MpW.gif Semi Active: Just hanging around here from time to time to check out the arts! Up to doodling small for fun trades in the 'draw the villager' above you thread, or doing trades with other people, just toss a message. here's my art examples!

(Oh, and for the draw a villager thread, feel free to draw any paintied villager i have, if doing both sulkral/rukanth or 2 others, i might doodle a quick 'revenge' shot as well
3 Nov 2018, 6:44 pm
Here's my two acorns!

Quite frankly, we have so much planned and there's only so much Kiwi can do for us we have to decide how to best use her time. For DMM festival time, it may have come down to either one single magic plush, or 10 chibi recolors.

Its possible a similar thing may happen the next festival or two, but it won't be due to lack of investment, just budgeting Kiwi's time as best we can! The guest art is a similar thing. Its not that we are moving away from Kiwi or villager art style, but there's just only so much one kiwi can do! We also really like the idea of introducing guest art for specific roles like Festival NPC and other rotating NPCs

Rest assured the magical plushes are not gone by any means! Ideally festival goodies will include magic plushies again some day, but for the intermediate term we got Kiwi working on other things. New species anyone? Or how about new costume art? NPCs?

No details to give. But plans are there :)
may i have some insight on how you choose the guest artists?
HHPWKeo.png
3 Nov 2018, 6:47 pm
Nope! they are planning on doing a blend of chibis and fully rendered villagers!

Kiwi is just booked making more species for us atm so chibis were easiest for her to do this fest c:
Elsie | she/her|Paintie Shop

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
3 Nov 2018, 7:59 pm
Hohtis said:
I loved seeing some guest art tbh, and the chibis were a pleasant surprise! I just wish we could collect them to our Toybox similarly to plushies!

I second this! I'd really love a 'stickerbook' feature, even if for no reason other than to have a place to put stickers without having them take up storage/inventory space :'D
Kobi-26-he/him
20 Nov 2018, 2:27 am
No! Furvilla's current art is too detailed to just scrap! But i honestly like the chibis, As you can see by my active. They are a lot easier to do painties of tbh.
latest?cb=20180413091838