question abt faux fur??

31 Oct 2018, 6:54 pm
hey im not a fursuit maker at all but i do plan to make myself a fursuit in the future
if i find some rly nice rly rly soft fur but its in the wrong color, can you bleach/dye like. a whole fursuit worth of it?? the color of my fursona is kinda rly important to me which is dorky but i wanna make sure i can make it the right color
☕️elyott | they.them | 13 | pluviophile | dendrophile | nyctophile | chionophile☕️
sig_thing.png

3 Nov 2018, 7:17 am
evyrgreen

.......you could.......but you would be best finding the right color

but if you are up for the work of redying it after just a couple of washes then..... I guess

(but I only make bases so I know nearly nothing about fur)
"Great we're all bloody inspired"
+1hr FV time
Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!
pangolotls_banner.png?width=500&height=2[/url]
by Pandorose
3 Nov 2018, 7:22 am
evyrgreen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gem01t5oicE

^^

I have an oc who's hair color is nonexistent in the world of fake fur so its gotta be custom dyed lol
░▒▓█►─═ rip and tear until it's done ═─◄█▓▒░

002350fcfb.png
sig by papaemeritus
5 Nov 2018, 4:27 pm
If you can't find the color, maybe look online? But I do have some other tips, dont buy the cheap, not soft stuff, the soft, long, nice stuff may be double the price, but it's also double(Or maybe more) the quality. And always buy a small swatch of the fabric, take it home, and cut it with an xacto knife, scissors, sew it a bit, etc, make sure you like/are able to work with it, I've gotten a really soft pretty fur for my current head's face fur, but when I got it home, I realized my machine can't sew it, it's too fluffy and thick. (My machine is VERY good, but this fabrick thick as oatmeal smh) and it sheds like hell. Working with a fabric like that is so difficult, always test it before buying a bunch of it.
koi_by_pessimisticsharkie-dcrxq7o.png
11 Apr 2019, 1:16 pm (Edited 11 Apr 2019, 1:17 pm)
you can have custom made fur! they dye it professionally and such so it lasts, its a lot more pricey but certainly worth it ;w;

EDIT // THIS IS AN OLD THREAD BUT I WAS BROWSING AND IN CASE U DIDNT FIND AN ANSWER UH HERE!
Nathan / Klaus ~ He / Him ~ 16 ~ ENTP ~ Aquarius ~ Fictionkin ~ Please click my eggs!
W749D.gifIXFTl.gifpRYfS.gifia2kB.gif