Clarification on costumes, breed changes, painties

7 Nov 2018, 8:30 pm
I currently have a big cat / lion villager wearing a Fluffy costume, here. I want to change him to a Leodon and have a new paintie for him, here. When I went to use the Leodon potion, I was given the message, 'This will clear any pre-existing costume.' If I click Remove next to the costume on his page, I get the message, 'Removing the costume will not refund you the item.'

Does this mean that once I apply the Leodon potion, I'll lose the Fluffy costume entirely? I worked really hard to earn that! I spent over two months in TEP trying to get the materials together!

Also, if I go ahead with it and apply the Leodon potion, and the Fluffy costume is removed, does that mean the new paintie wouldn't pass, since it has Fluffy costume elements, too, and I'd have to redesign it?

Basically, is there any way I can have a Fluffy Leodon without having to buy another entire 600,000 FC costume?
Hi, I'm Ry! | AEST (UTC +10:00) | they/them pronouns | art shop | premades

7 Nov 2018, 8:31 pm
hi!
you will lose your Fluffy costume if you apply the potion. it is completely gone.
your Fluffy Leodon paintie would not pass, as your villager is no longer a Fluffy villager.

basically, no. there is not any way you could have a Fluffy Leodon without having to buy another costume.
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
Veemo//(he/they)//22//services// need help?
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
ping me using @81311!
FV Help Guide | Chris and Rotsy's Guide
7 Nov 2018, 8:38 pm
kankri , oh :-\ That's pretty frustrating.

If I keep him as a lion and just do a new paintie, will that keep the costume?
7 Nov 2018, 8:39 pm
kankri , oh :-\ That's pretty frustrating.

If I keep him as a lion and just do a new paintie, will that keep the costume?
yeah, it's kind of frustrating :/

yep, that'll keep the costume!
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
Veemo//(he/they)//22//services// need help?
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
ping me using @81311!
FV Help Guide | Chris and Rotsy's Guide
7 Nov 2018, 8:43 pm
ryttu3k If you send me the potion with a link to the villager that needs changed I can do the change manually and you won't lose the costume.
MD4g0sv.png
♥ ADMIN-MAT ♥
7 Nov 2018, 8:43 pm
kankri , so I just want to clarify, my options are:

1) Keep him as a lion, keep Fluffy costume, redraw an entirely new paintie from scratch to fit the lion shape,
2) Change him to a Leodon, lose the Fluffy costume, make minor changes to paintie so it's no longer Fluffy,
3) Change him to a Leodon, buy an entirely new Fluffy costume, and upload the paintie as is, or
4) Do nothing?

Also, uh, is there anywhere where I can leave a suggestion to ask about changing this system? ^_^;; Costumes are really hard to make, and given how common breed changing is, it's kind of unfair that you lose the costume entirely and the buffs it gives if you make use of a change.
7 Nov 2018, 8:45 pm
Admin-Mat , you are an absolute blessing!!
7 Nov 2018, 8:53 pm
ryttu3k But the current lion paintie doesn't match now so you won't be able to use that with the species change done.
MD4g0sv.png
♥ ADMIN-MAT ♥
7 Nov 2018, 8:55 pm
Admin-Mat , that's all good! Once he's species changed to Leodon, the paintie I made should be fine, right? I don't mind him hanging around as a regular Leodon for a bit.
11 Nov 2018, 9:18 am
Hope it’s okay to piggyback off this instead of creating a new thread:
I have a Mythical canine villager that I want to start a Paintie on, the end result would be a Dalmatian but his species is currently listed as a German Shepard, would I need to craft a new Mythic costume, change him to a dalmatian, THEN apply the new set of Mythic costume before proceeding to Paintie process? (Happy to make another one just want to make sure I do everything in the right order)
--------------
If you're looking for me, please Ping Me! I probably wandered off! ; 3;~~ <3
Site Goals: Aquarium Aquaticat
11 Nov 2018, 11:05 am (Edited 11 Nov 2018, 11:06 am)
Khimi said:
I have a Mythical canine villager that I want to start a Paintie on, the end result would be a Dalmatian but his species is currently listed as a German Shepard, would I need to craft a new Mythic costume, change him to a dalmatian, THEN apply the new set of Mythic costume before proceeding to Paintie process? (Happy to make another one just want to make sure I do everything in the right order)
Since both are the same species (canine), you can upload it as is. However, if you want the info to read dalmation and not German shepherd for color, then yes you will need to use a potion then apply a new costume.
11 Nov 2018, 11:06 am
answrs said:
Khimi said:
Since both are the same species (canine), you can upload it as is. However, if you want the info to read dalmation and not German shepherd for color, then yes you will need to get a new costume.

Ahh Thank you! And yes it would be for the latter, something about it reading German Shepard for a Dalmatian seem off (I know I shouldn't care but homg)
--------------
If you're looking for me, please Ping Me! I probably wandered off! ; 3;~~ <3
Site Goals: Aquarium Aquaticat