Using special colors on other bases

11 Nov 2018, 10:12 pm
I have a little project I'm working on where I'm recoloring costume and event bases to include other fur colors and was wondering if I would be allowed to recreate the fur colors from special villagers on other bases. If it is allowed, would the costume/plushie need to be applied in order to use the colors?
For example: Gala Prince Dutchie colors on a normal Dutchie base
342-25.png 1541993869.sarikunezume_gala_dutchie_sm_

11 Nov 2018, 11:21 pm (Edited 11 Nov 2018, 11:23 pm)
SarikuNezume I think that would be okay, but I would double check with a Helper, Mod, or Staff member.

I don't think you would need the costume/plush If you are only using the colors.

You wouldn't be splicing grayscale parts from the event bases onto normal bases (i.e. the jacket of the Gala Dutchie onto a normal DAD base or onto a normal canine base or etc.)

You would only be using the colors so, it should be ok. But again, verify, don't take my word for it 100%.
Please, ping me!
Starla | Etsy | TH

8109839_UUcSGMlDmz6z2xU.png
5685030_wOX6AAOGbYqS2sk.png
12 Nov 2018, 12:11 am
If you’re going to copy the patterns and colors exactly except sans the shirt and horn, I imagine you’d need to apply the special color to it same as if you were simply editing the shirt off. c:
If you were only going to use the same colors in totally different patterns though it would probably be fine. I can’t be 100% certain but that is what I would expect!
i saw a dog so perfect i gave it my entire wallet?
please ping me when replying!
vista by genie
7nFDRhO.gif
12 Nov 2018, 11:52 am
I'm hoping to get an official answer on this. The dragon villager has some neat special colors I would love to experiment with on the other dragon bases. I'd like to be able to do something with them after I make them, like offer them as free to use painties.