CSS Help: Vistas on Dark Skin

15 Nov 2018, 5:56 pm
I am using this CSS on xstyle as a true dark skin until FV comes out with theirs. I love it, but vistas seem to be made mostly with white on the bottom instead of transparent, so when I have vistas visible, it cuts off with a harsh white bottom before continuing onto the dark background. Is there a way to do a transparent/blend gradient for the last like 20% of the vista image so that it fades into the darkness instead of into white?

The code is under .thread-user-info. By default, the css just hides all vistas with
.thread-user-info { background-image: none !important; }
But if I remove the background-image, it makes them show up, but with the harsh white end.

Help is much appreciated! I love seeing vistas but the white edge on the dark background looks really jarring on long posts :C
ezgif-4-7f8dd6ba49.gif

15 Nov 2018, 6:05 pm
StrayChowChow  
Stylus has dark themes as well that vistas work on
it's external code again and have a list of them
SinsVistas.png
15 Nov 2018, 6:10 pm
StrayChowChow  
Stylus has dark themes as well that vistas work on
it's external code again and have a list of them

Can you give a link or something? xStyle is an addon like Stylus, and you normally get user styles from a site or another source.
ezgif-4-7f8dd6ba49.gif
15 Nov 2018, 6:15 pm
StrayChowChow
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne
SinsVistas.png
15 Nov 2018, 6:17 pm

Yeah, stylus is an extension, but it doesn't come with any userstyles. I'm asking for links to userstyles that work with the vistas. The extension/addon won't do anything without them.
ezgif-4-7f8dd6ba49.gif
15 Nov 2018, 6:19 pm
StrayChowChow
it uses a "find style" thing
unknown.png
SinsVistas.png
15 Nov 2018, 6:23 pm
Ahh okay.

Well, I'd still like to see if there is a way to edit my current style, as the other "nightmode" styles are not...my style.
ezgif-4-7f8dd6ba49.gif