Should I bother finishing this paintie/base?

23 Nov 2018, 10:05 pm (Edited 23 Nov 2018, 10:07 pm)
>:V I have a bad habit of putting a lot of time into redraw bases and then hating how they look, so I'd like a second opinion or two before I decide to scrap this one. I was going for a sort of angelic/demonic goat or chimera knight, but because I didn't check it at paintie size while I was working on it, I worry it has readability issues.

Plus, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the thick lines and mixed soft/hard lighting... I'm not confident with painted styles so I end up falling back on cel shading in parts, but then again I'm not sure if it's noticeable at paintie size.

Here's the (very WIP, I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep these colors) paintie I was making for my warrior, Lux, shaded and unshaded because I'm honestly not sure which one I like better.

tumblr_piohy0IMJ31uznylko4_r2_400.png

tumblr_piohy0IMJ31uznylko5_r1_400.png

As I'm writing this post, I'm like ~75% sure I'm going to scrap the base and start over, but I would love to hear your thoughts and constructive criticism! c: And do let me know if you're interested in a paintie on this base, especially if I'm going to scrap it otherwise I'd be happy to let them go cheap (~500FD).

Plus here's maneless/tailless demon + wingless versions, for your viewing pleasure. I did intend to do the normal Angel DAD tail but didn't get around to it yet.

tumblr_piohy0IMJ31uznylko2_400.png
tumblr_piohy0IMJ31uznylko1_250.png

23 Nov 2018, 10:10 pm
I like it but up to you if you want to finish it. looks like a cool character/villager
pet_21056787_shop_1.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
23 Nov 2018, 10:12 pm
The base looks amazing!
But Iā€™m not a fan of the mane
23 Nov 2018, 10:20 pm
i think the base looks fantastic-- i feel like it would be in high demand if you do choose to finish :3c
however, its entirely your choice to continue. ill support you either way!!
23 Nov 2018, 10:25 pm
FINISH IT!!!

That being said, I love it! If you're not gonna finish it... > >;;; consider letting me finish it?
k8asiU9.gif<--- behold my pudge

vital information
-wiggles arms-
dude/27/several frogs in a trench coat
(gif by Tspuun )
24 Nov 2018, 8:58 pm
(怃Ļ‰ć€ƒ) Oh gosh, thank you for the kind words! It's easy to get wrapped up in my own negativity sometimes, heh. I'm definitely going to do *something* with this concept, I might re-line and/or re-shade the base but I do want something like this for my angel DAD.

I'd like to get some feedback on the shading I have rn - is it better or worse than the flat color?

RGDlightteam Same here but at the same time I also think it looks weird without the mane?? Maybe I've just been looking at it too long though - do you think it looks okay without the mane, or should I give a different hairstyle a shot?

Dreki :0 What were you thinking of? I'm not sure where you want to start, so I can send you the sketch or the lineart (or lineart + flats), but if you want to buy a use of the base to color I'll send you the working size .psd for 100FD!
24 Nov 2018, 9:11 pm
I think it looks fine without it, but you should totally try it with a diffrent hair style!
24 Nov 2018, 9:16 pm
that looks AWESOME!! KEEP IT UP TIUDGHBRJFMU,GHBNLIRJKFDNG
22190159_MhKYiE5cMXNwe6b.png