Anyone Know Some Good [Cheap-ish] Fursuit Makers?

24 Nov 2018, 7:26 pm (Edited 24 Nov 2018, 7:27 pm)
I’m Subscribed!

I’m beginning to look into getting myself a fursuit head! So far I’ve looked at (quoting) Lemonbrat and browsing Alpha Suits, and a couple stores on Etsy. While I have ears, a tail and hand paws made custom by two different Etsy shops, I know that the head is the most expensive part of partials and I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

Looking for toony, but may think about realistic / clockwork. Pretty good quality and wear and tear, preferably a max of $500. While I’m not sure if I’m ready to commission anyone yet, I want to keep my options open and have as many different types of input as possible! Let me know your thoughts, and thank you guys in advance!

24 Nov 2018, 11:34 pm
Boop!
10 Dec 2018, 1:29 pm (Edited 10 Dec 2018, 1:31 pm)
I've seen some pretty good makers at a decent price on etsy. It's where I'm commissioning a mini partial from.

I believe there's a store on etsy called CyanKittyCreations that makes custom and artistic liberty commissions if that helps.
100% SPOOKY BOI
Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-0704-8237-9117
I main flingza roller/aerospray pg in Splatoon 2
11 Dec 2018, 8:04 pm
1PUP Suits is adorable! Heads are actually 600+ but totally worth it from what I've heard!
https://www.1pupsuits.com/
he/him | taken | kind of a nerd | INFP-T | +1 FV time
source.gif
taking offers on villager! http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/109300-taking-offers-on-villager
11 Dec 2018, 8:32 pm
Not really a "maker suggestion", but you can look through here! It's basically a fursuit review website, but I linked a search filter for <$500 suits that people bought with their review on the suit and service!

Good luck on finding a maker!
james | he/they | 16 | 9/19 | a clothespin | +1 fv time | #108217

tumblr_oz4ir96Wbi1wqylmxo1_500.gif?width
13 Dec 2018, 9:01 pm
From what I've seen and heard, it might be better to hold off and save just a little bit more? You can find decent stuff if you go up one or two hundred dollars, but under $500 is going to be a novice (which hey! nothing wrong with that! but it might not last as long?) or cheaper materials.
Pine • 20 • they/them • PNW (-2 hours FV time) • INTP
tumblrtwittertoyhou.se
tumblr_inline_myneskulSW1rh7826.png
21 Dec 2018, 8:35 am
it depends on design. If its a first fursuit then a simple design would be better. I'm saving up for a fursuit, and made a border collie for it.