4 Jan 2019, 11:51 pm
pinglist plz!
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
20 Jan 2019, 1:03 am
Update: It's almost done! (This is likely the second-to-last update)

Here are the fully-sewn handpaws, finished with some tan bias tape around the ends:

raImQ5u.jpg

l2T2S1T.jpg

Then I made some small, white claws using a bit of air dry clay. Once they were dry, I took some super glue and glued them to the finger tips. Here's the end result:

5bLwlco.jpg

Rawr!

And I just finished making the tail the other day. I only remembered to take a couple of progress pictures of it (sorry!), but here it is when it was inside-out:

bp4JEnU.jpg

Then, once the tail was all sewn up, I stuffed it using all of the tiny, unusable scraps of fur that I've been collecting over the course of this project (no sense in letting them go to waste)! I almost had enough scraps to stuff the entire tail, but I ended up needing just a tiny bit of polyester stuffing to top it off with. Then I used a longer fur scrap to make a belt loop.

Here's the finished product:

ZNRg2Hs.jpg

I'm not too thrilled about the obvious seam lines, but I do like the shape of this tail!

Now all that's left to make are the feet! Instead of making them out of a pair of shoes like I normally do, I'm trying an experiment here- I'm making a pair of shoe covers that zip up from the back, so you can wear your regular shoes underneath them.

FMzNuVo.jpg

Here they are being modeled & measured over a pair of boots. The big foam blocks are going to be the toes, and then there's some fur wrapping around the backs of them that will have zippers down the middle.

I've actually gotten the toes carved since taking that picture:

i5vLyoR.jpg

They're attached to a felt backing. I'm not going to worry about making bottoms for the feet just yet- we'll see how the tops turn out first!

Incidentally, I had just enough of the brown fur left over for everything except the toes, so I stopped by JoAnn's while I was out and about this morning and got just a teeny bit of tan fur that was close enough in color, length & texture to the fur I was using. (I wasn't going to order the same brown fur again because you have to purchase a minimum of one yard, and I don't need that much fabric for just the toes!)

pH3v2ua.jpg

The fur on the left is what I purchased this morning, and the fur on the right is what I've been using. As you can see, this new fur is just a little bit lighter in color, so I'm going to try dry-brushing it with some brown acrylic paint to make it match the base fur a little better. As long as I apply the paint lightly, it should make for a much more seamless color match! (At least in theory)

And now I leave you with a picture of the cut-out toe pieces, waiting to be shaved, painted, and attached to the feet:

GFdvkTl.jpg

We're in the home stretch here! I should have a pair of completed feet & pictures of me wearing the finished partial in the next update :)

Pinglist:
Akatsuki
arbitraryabsurdity
MochaWishes
Snowshoyu
pollyanna
anne216
ExternalEnthusiast
Connor_Murphy
MontgomeryOOF
seafoam852
Princezz_Fluffy
Galaxywolf269
Avatar by nix-sil.deviantart.com
20 Jan 2019, 1:09 am
Ooh, it's looking great!!
vk6JP9M.png

Angel | Her/She | USA | FV Time | @106775
Toyhouse | DeviantArt

asDm8OR.png
G2PaTDu.png
12 Feb 2019, 11:20 am (Edited 12 Feb 2019, 4:26 pm)
It's the final update! (Bada da dum, bada da da da)

So, sadly, my initial shoe cover idea didn't turn out so well; the toes as well as the overall shape of the foot didn't look very good, and I kept stepping on the toes! So I ended up scrapping them.

Tpb3o7K.jpg

Instead of giving up on the feet altogether (which I was tempted to do, I will admit), I salvaged what I could and made my own "shoe" bases out of foam, after seeing someone else do something similar.

DMSUpnF.jpg

pHHIzkL.jpg

vfd9cha.jpg

One thing about these feet is that they are HUGE! I purposely made the insides nice and big so that they could fit a variety of different shoe sizes, in case I end up selling this suit later. I measured them and determined that they can fit anywhere up to a women's size 10 in US sizes.

xsJaoSL.jpg
(They're a little big for my size 8 feet)

So, as I sewed the inside lining (which is the part that took the longest, not gonna lie), I included some elastic to help smaller shoe sizes fit into them more easily without having them flop around too much.

rpmmNbF.jpg

(For me, I've found that they fit best when I stick a pair of my-sized slippers inside of them. So, I guess in that sense, they kind of are like shoe covers!)

yniQ4K5.jpg

I decided not to paint the toes on the retake of these shoes. I loved the color of the toes on the last pair, but I decided that the lighter fur color looked good as well, and I didn't feel like going through the trouble of painting them again. I just wanted these to be done!

G7aJCDu.jpg

And here they are, with the toes all trimmed and the claws glued on! (Sorry this photo is darker than the last)

With that, I'd say this costume is done! I need to find a way to add some more air holes to the head, because breathing is a little tricky (I'm thinking I could add a couple under the cheeks, maybe?). I also need to revisit the bottoms of the feet eventually; I just took some thin, brown foam squares and glued them to the bottoms, but they aren't very sturdy or professional looking. I'm going to be wearing this suit to an event next week, so it'll work then, but I'll definitely order some better foam before I try selling this suit!

Here's a picture of the finished partial being worn!
HLtQZ9C.jpg

I also made a badge for this character, which is what's pictured on the lanyard there. You can't really see it because of the glare (sorry; it's laminated), but here's the digital drawing!

qWgfLvs.png

Thank you everyone for watching! This costume was a lot of fun to make, and your positive feedback along the way really did help motivate me! I hope you enjoyed watching! <3

I might update this thread again later with pictures from Cosmo's first public adventure. Let me know if you would like to be pinged for those pictures!

Pinglist:
Akatsuki
arbitraryabsurdity
MochaWishes
Snowshoyu
pollyanna
anne216
ExternalEnthusiast
Connor_Murphy
MontgomeryOOF
RoseGem
Princezz_Fluffy
Galaxywolf269
12 Feb 2019, 11:39 am
That is so awesome! The badge is just beyond cute! Congrats!
12 Feb 2019, 1:57 pm
For me, the badge and full partial pictures stopped working, but I would love to be pinged for the pics of the first adventure!

12 Feb 2019, 2:07 pm (Edited 12 Feb 2019, 2:07 pm)
Galaxywolf269

The badge didn't work for me either. I right clicked on the tiny square and copied the image address. Then I put it in a new browser window and went to it. After that when I refreshed this page it was there because that pic is now in my cache.

Hope this helps until they come back and fix the link.
12 Feb 2019, 2:33 pm
Jenzia

ahh thanks, that worked!

12 Feb 2019, 4:31 pm (Edited 12 Feb 2019, 4:31 pm)
Galaxywolf269 Aaa figures, those were the only two images being pulled from FA instead of Imgur. Thanks for letting me know! I uploaded them to Imgur and edited the post with the new URLs. :)

Jenzia Thank you for your kind words! (And for posting that trick!)
12 Feb 2019, 4:41 pm
I love how this fursuit turned out! The badge is amazing too~!
Always open for RP~!
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't bother saying it to me or any other person.
GreenInfamousEnglish.gif
===================================
Stall: http://www.furvilla.com/stall/127036
Commissions: http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/104022-jujus-art-shop