How do I move my paintie to a different villager?

5 Dec 2018, 8:07 pm
How in the world do I do this?! I just got a new, delicious paintie and I feel it would look match better on one of my other villagers, but when I clicked, I got this message:

Cupcake's current paintie has not been wardrobed and will be permanently lost. You will not be refunded the cost of the paintie.

Soooo what is a wardrobe? How do I 'wardrobe' my paintie? I just got it and I don't want to lose it D=

5 Dec 2018, 8:12 pm
You need to remove it and reupload it on the other villager, unless you want the same paintie on two different villagers for some reason. The wardrobe is used when you want multiple painties on one villager and switch between them
4848-july-birthday-gift-box.png5761-little-red-birthday-box.png5696-little-purple-birthday-cupcake.png4708-most-regal-crown.png
5 Dec 2018, 8:13 pm
Oregoncoast
You can learn more about the wardrobe feature here! As for transferring the paintie from one villager to another, if I'm not mistaken, it's not possible.
Please don't PM me unless it's about art that I've commissioned.
Private messages tend to make me an anxious mess and I really don't need that, especially right now.
Yes, I had to put this here too because people don't read profiles. I will block you if you PM me anyway. :/
5 Dec 2018, 8:24 pm
Dubstep Blues Oh noes! I didn't realize it would permanently attach to a single villager like that D= live n learn I guess. It's only my 2nd Paintie. I now realize I'd better create villagers specifically for these Painties then. Thanks so much for the info!!!
7 Dec 2018, 12:43 pm
Well, it’s not permanently attached to the villager. You can always remove the Paintie and reupload it. It is a good idea to have specific villagers in mind when making Painties, though.