Is my Paintie considered "Based on a Character"?

10 Jan 2019, 3:52 pm
So, I'm about to upload my first Paintie, but I'm a bit unsure if it meets the copyright guidlines.

My DAD Pret, (Whose design was OK'd by an admin on their FB Page as being inspired, not a copy) looks like this:

htdzkn.png

I was inspired to do his design from the character Yugi, from Yugioh.
Thing is, Yugi is a human, and I haven't drawn Pret with anything directly from the show.

I'd appreciate some help with this, thanks!!!
"D'you know in 900 years of time and space I've never met anyone who 'wasn't important' before." ~11th Doctor,

3759_a22aef06e4312279_I.gif4626_7a79ffcbe8df59b1_I.gif6304_fefa648e75805526_I.gif
~Click on me

10 Jan 2019, 4:00 pm (Edited 10 Jan 2019, 4:01 pm)
IssyEmmy

well its definitely Inspired by yugioh, its not close enough to be rejected. Plus if an admin already approved the design then that means its good to go!

however the one thing i notice is that its a DAD. which isnt the problem, the problem is that your art doesnt match the furvilla DAD base at all. So it would be rejected for not lining up with the base. You would need to upload this on a Galactic Shifty since those shifties allow you to use off base rare species such as a DAD
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
10 Jan 2019, 4:01 pm
Try this forum http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/54491-official-paintie-check-thread
She/Her | Call me Sherry | #123838
Furry Amino | Instagram | Toyhouse
10 Jan 2019, 4:02 pm (Edited 10 Jan 2019, 4:03 pm)
Looks okay to me but I'm no mod/admin to say so but inspiring is okay to do as long as there is no copyright to the design at all. I don't see anything Yu gi oh relayed on him

SherryDeer sadly that thread got locked and can no longer be used, been locked for a while now.
WogbCJg.png