Fursona??

1 Mar 2019, 11:57 pm
I am having a hard time picking a species for my fursona. I would pick some type of canine or other commonly used species, but fear that people will call my character unoriginal. I want my character to be unique, but I also want to pick something that I like. It is especially hard because All animals are my favorite (except certain insects) which doesn't make it any easier. Any tips??

2 Mar 2019, 12:21 am
I mean, who cares what other people think? If you like that animal, and want a fursona of that animal, then do it! :3 If it makes you happy.

I mean, my main fursona is a simple white deer. ^^ But I love him to bits, and I wouldn't change him for the world.
y8rctvtpy936j9jwy8rctvtp
Male / Gay / INFJ / Taken / Australia / WoW Nerd
..For the Horde..
gos6vOr.pngy8oxghyvygCdk7Y.png
2 Mar 2019, 12:38 am
If you love a bunch of animals then maybe combine a few of your favorites and the ones you relate to the most then create a hybrid?
2 Mar 2019, 12:40 am
I don't really have a fursona, but IrisPaw is used in place of one. Shes a wolf/cat hybrid.
tumblr_po2sc19Edv1xlocndo3_540.gif
'My Somewhat Used Deviantart'

|18|Artist/ Hobbyist|Central Time|Outspoken online, quiet IRL|
2 Mar 2019, 12:58 am
it's fine if your fursona is a common animal!! they're common because they're cool ^^

when i was picking a species i wanted for my fursona, i thought about animals that resonated me for a long time (ones i enjoyed when i was younger, have had characters of in the past, enjoyed interacting with, etc.) and from those, picked ones that i felt like i related to. in the end i picked a raccoon because they've been a favorite animal of mine for a long time, they're associated with mischief, and they're known for digging in the trash (i love to reuse and repurpose things)! there are a lot more reasons, but those are some examples.

one way to kickstart your brainstorming could be to take some "what animal are you" style personality tests, or use a random animal generator! imagine that animal as your fursona, and see how you feel. it's okay if you don't find it right away, and it's okay to change your sona down the line, too!
☆ cicada ☆ it/its or they/them ☆
2 Mar 2019, 1:22 am (Edited 2 Mar 2019, 1:27 am)
In retrospect, a first fursona always ends up feeling a little cringey further down the line. Much like when we look back at our behavior and fashion choices when we were kids, as adults. It's allowed and usually expected to be. The important thing is that you connect to the character you're creating. Experimentation is important! Feel free to test run calling something your sona for a while, only to toss it out the window if it doesn't stick. Just go with what feels right for you and screw everyone else! lol

My suggestion would be to spend some time doing some critical thinking and finding traits in yourself... physical, behavioral... and cross reference that with animals until something clicks.

My first fursona was a canine, and over many years- as I learned more about myself and changed as a person- she slowly changed and developed into a leucistic leopard with essentially the same color scheme as the original concept!

28 | Housewife | Artist | Gamer | Libra | Hufflepuff | Chaotic Good | ISFJ-T

VtXShuN.png
2 Mar 2019, 1:22 am
don't feel like you have to settle on one! I've changed fursonas multiple times as my feelings change. Picking a fursona isn't putting yourself in a box!
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/34169-free-pixel-pride-flags-base-updated?page=1 KgP7DPv.png nYno2vL.png nkOnSpH.png
9 Mar 2019, 12:39 pm
Fursonas can be changed and replaced! If you end up not liking this one than you can always change it. In my experience, the best fursonas are the ones you make because you like there species/desgin/ personality. Just make what makes you happy! Sometimes it's best to use a base to initially design your fursona because then all you have to think about is the color and design and not the art itself. If you can't think of a color scheme, just search color palette on google and you're set. Sometimes aesthetics can inspire you too. If you still can't think of a design/ species, just search up adopts on FA, Deviantart, or Instagram. That way you are supporting artists and getting a fursona.
Some species I recommend:
*Ferrets
*Wickerbeasts
*Manokits
*Protogens
*Bats

Hope I helped!
lets get rekted together
BOsVH.gifo.pngo.pngo.png
please click , click = life
21 Mar 2019, 8:56 pm
make your own species with traits that you like
21 Mar 2019, 9:05 pm
Perhaps an uncommon type of canine, like looking up different species or breeds. Of course, like everyone else here says, choose something that would make you happy!
3493-chirping-capybuddy.png
*Slaps roof of stall* This bad boy has too many pets in it. ~Diana Galarza
21 Mar 2019, 9:10 pm
Just draw what comes to mind first!
You don’t have to picture an exact species.

I once started doodling & I wound up with my horned gryphon sona who I’ve had for 5+ years now.
I did have a gryphon in mind, it just sorta happened.
13082448_WGVRU0Gm6Ohi8K3.jpg

I love you 3000
21 Mar 2019, 9:33 pm
It's totally okay to start out with a common critter!! My fursona started out as a regular plain old wolf when I first made her, and as I grew and changed so did she! Granted, she's now a certain species of canine (maned wolf whoop whoop!) but what really matters is that I adore her ♥

I'm sure your fursona is gonna be great!
"Teach a child to read and you give them the key to life" <3
♥ 22 ♥ She/Her/Babe ♥ Latina ♥ Capricorn ♥ "Artist"? ♥ Pan ♥Bookworm ♥ Chatty ♥ Petty ♥ Plushie Obsessed ♥
shop_banner_by_scarletnekolita-dbroma4.p

♥ My toyhouse is ScarletNekolita ♥