Official Paintie Check Thread

12 Sep 2019, 12:12 am
My paintie

So my best guess is this one would require a shifty and a warrior outfit if I wanted to use it as a paintie. I figured I'd ask before throwing it into queue.

-- Zee/Zeer Mug -- Hobby level artist --
-- Please Ping When Reponding --
DonartCart.gif
12 Sep 2019, 9:45 pm
Manitka
First 3 Painties will be fine, I suggest using a Magic Elite Heart Gem for the Dressy Mustelid, Maiden Canine, and Warrior Princess Big Cat, I suggest using this one for the Paintie on the Chibi Lizard

The Ice Skater Mustelid Paintie has to look like the Mustelid species, I suggest using a Magic Elite Heart Gem for the Ice Skater Mustelid Paintie if you don't want to make any edits to the Paintie

The Mythic Dragon Paintie has to look like the Dragon species, I suggest uploading the Paintie to a Midnight Shifty wearing the Mythic Costume if you don't want to make any edits to the Paintie

altdeletetheprotogen
That will be fine, yes

Tigeretta6
Yes, that will still count as a cat

SuspiciousCoffeeMug
It'll indeed have to go on a Midnight Shifty, but it doesn't need the Warrior Costume because none of the Costume base parts have been used
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Site Rules | Paintie Rules | CSS Rules
Offsite Trading Rules | File a Report | Change Log | Contact Us | Knowledgebase
13 Sep 2019, 7:56 am
Thank you!
14 Sep 2019, 2:39 pm (Edited 15 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm)
I'm a little new to Furvilla, so I might not know too much about Painties / Shifties...I read rules regarding them and everything, and even read some threads on it, but I just want to be sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

So, I'm planning on buying some Paintie Tickets some time, and I even made a couple of "Paintie" drawings just to use in the [near?] future. The first "Paintie" I did was for my hammerhead shark Villager.

At first I just thought of adding a few things to the base, but I ended up tracing / "redrawing" the base and going off from there since it was easier for me than to directly edit the base itself.

[ https://i.imgur.com/cJIEXTH.gif ]

So, from what I've read, there's a limit to how much you can edit a base to the point that it needs a Shifty.
I've seen some Villager Painties who have somewhat heavy modifications, while not being a Shifty. It's a bit hard for me to tell if my "Paintie" [shown in the link / gif above] will be acceptable, or has to go on a Shifty, but imo, I think it'll probably have to go on a Shifty Villager.

Okay, thank you! I'm so glad it's passable, since I don't have access to any Shifty-morphing items at the moment [though I am doing Quests to get a Shifty potion recipe.]
YtHya5y.png
14 Sep 2019, 4:35 pm
would this fella be too different to fit on the gembound base without a gem? (link includes overlay and plain lineart)
17071759_f286BytmJmdfrvV.png
15 Sep 2019, 1:08 pm
Bakunawa
The Paintie will go on a Hammerhead Shark villager just fine! We determine whether a Paintie has to go on a Shifty or not by how much of the Paintie still matches the original base in terms of posing, how much of the Paintie matches the base, and if the species of the villager is still the same or mostly dominating if combined with another species

Paulie
The Paintie is going to need a Magic Diamond Heart Gem if you wish to keep it unaltered
15 Sep 2019, 2:35 pm
MOD-Thaleia alright, thank you!
17071759_f286BytmJmdfrvV.png
17 Sep 2019, 11:22 pm
this paintie of mine just got rejected and i'm not sure why?
0ytuCD5.png

the mod comment just said "This does not match the base of the villager it overlays." which doesn't help me at all.

here's the lineart over the base
ruoPTgQ.png
10332699_ylFKLuDJLRyMWsY.png

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
KaHgU83.png
painties | art

gos6vOr.png xHYiN4n.png 5pfM1fY.png
icon by pedroinboxfort

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
18 Sep 2019, 7:51 am
Nindroid
Species recognition is one of the requirements for Painties submitted to villager bases, since the Paintie doesn't resemble the Gem Raptor species anymore it'll have to go on a Midnight Shifty
18 Sep 2019, 12:37 pm
MOD-Thaleia could you elaborate as to how it no longer looks like a gem raptor? the pose and body shape is exactly the same and this is hardly the first protogen edit of the gem raptor base, it was borrowing a bit of the lines from my other protogen paintie, which got accepted. sorry if this sounds confrontational, i'm just really confused.
10332699_ylFKLuDJLRyMWsY.png

╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
KaHgU83.png
painties | art

gos6vOr.png xHYiN4n.png 5pfM1fY.png
icon by pedroinboxfort

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
18 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm (Edited 18 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm)
Which potion would this paintie require? It was made on the cobra base! thank you <3
TwiNNwY.png
bSwTBJo.png
19 Sep 2019, 6:32 pm
Nindroid
Upon reconsideration after talking it over and review of the other Painties we have decided that the Paintie doesn't have to be changed, you're free to resubmit the Paintie and it'll be approved

Ace
The Paintie will pass on a Cobra villager
19 Sep 2019, 6:32 pm
thank you so much! <3
bSwTBJo.png
23 Sep 2019, 1:54 pm (Edited 23 Sep 2019, 1:55 pm)
Would this character be allowed as a paintie if I get rid of the pepsi logo

this one

If yes then would she be considered human or animal
23 Sep 2019, 2:29 pm
Supreme
The character will be okay without the logo, as it seems to be more human than animal I would recommend submitting it to a Primordial Shifty
24 Sep 2019, 5:43 pm
If you were to make a paintie in the chibi style but not using parts from any of the bases, could you use a normal Midnight Shifty or would you have to use the chibi one?
tumblr_mi89mn4u481rf4oujo2_500.gif
24 Sep 2019, 7:41 pm
Feroxi
If you're not using any parts of our Chibi bases then the Paintie can go on a regular Midnight Shifty
27 Sep 2019, 7:49 pm
If I were to make a paintie for a villager whose color is a holiday chibi but is wearing a costume, such as Emerald, which base would it have to be on?
27 Sep 2019, 10:01 pm
Hello!
So I'm currently working on a paintie based on this OC of mine, who I was hoping to submit as a bat-eared fox villager (I still need to turn said villager into a bat-eared fox, but obviously I plan on doing that before I submit the paintie). It's still a WIP, but this is what I have so far: https://sta.sh/024i68tk28yu

As you can see, I've already given him a gecko tail (which I'm assuming is okay based on how the rules were worded?). My concern is about the collar he wears; I've not edited it in yet, but I was thinking of trying to use the collar from the Snowflake big cat villager base, since I'm not confident in my ability to draw the collar in a way that matches the FV style. However, after reading the rules, it was a little unclear to me whether or not this was allowed, and if so, what kind of base villager the paintie would have to be submitted on, and whether or not I would have to use a Magic Elite Heart Gem?

Please let me know! Thanks! <3
Ann | 23 | She/Her | Demisexual Lesbian
28 Sep 2019, 10:18 am
indomitable
It's up to you if you wish to use a Chibi Evergreen Gem Raptor base or a Sorcerer Gem Raptor base if you wish to make a Paintie for the villager, both of these options are acceptable

DreamingHeart
You're not allowed to take parts of festival colors and use them on regular villagers, if you wish to use a part of a festival color you have to submit the Paintie on the festival villager you took the part from and send a Magic Elite Heart Gem to one of the Paintie mods in a trade if the Paintie is too much off base
28 Sep 2019, 11:26 am
Alrighty, thanks for letting me know! <:

I actually only just realized that basically all the steampunk villager costumes include a collar, so I'll probably just give him the steampunk outfit and use that instead. (When I asked I thought the snowflake big cat was literally the only villager base with a collar, RIP me I'm dumb)

Anyway, sorry for bothering you with my dumb question! ;v;''' Thank you for your time! <33
Ann | 23 | She/Her | Demisexual Lesbian
30 Sep 2019, 12:41 pm
Howdy! I'm doing a pantie for my sagittari villager, and I wanted to pretty drastically change his appearance from what he is now. So I'd have 2 questions, would this [ https://imgur.com/x46PePm - Note, this is just the base render, I'd obvs add more detail and color before I submitted it ] be too much of a change? And second, would I have to give him a regular morphing potion to use this pantie? Since he has the palace guard skin now, would that be too much of a change from that, or would it be ok since he is still a sagittari?

Thanks!
30 Sep 2019, 12:56 pm
vulturepops
The Paintie will pass just fine on the Saggitari Palace Guard villager