Official Paintie Check Thread

8 Nov 2019, 8:21 pm
I know I might sound dumb, but I don’t know how to make a paintie and I really want too. Plz help!!
8 Nov 2019, 8:38 pm
AlexisHNya145
If you need help making a Paintie please make a thread in the Paintie Discussion forum asking for help, make sure to take a look at the Paintie Resource Thread as well
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Site Rules | Paintie Rules | CSS Rules
Offsite Trading Rules | File a Report | Change Log | Contact Us | Knowledgebase
11 Nov 2019, 8:37 pm
would this pass on chibi cyclops canine?
looking for character designs and adopts between drawing all art i owe o3o

soup.
i really hope you have a nice day :3
+8 hr FV time / in college / an artist wannabe / non native english speaker
toyhouse
artfight!
12 Nov 2019, 9:17 am
Sabh
Yes, that will be fine
13 Nov 2019, 12:34 am
would this pass ? https://imgur.com/a/Epju7Fb as a none shifty ? Thanks for looking in advance. <3
13 Nov 2019, 9:52 am
Here's a bit of an experiment:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/v66z54xzb4rheag/foxcompare.png?dl=0
The one on the left is composed of elements from the fox event chibis for a more updated style, but doesn't use any actual festival elements. Would the right pass on a chibi fox, or would it require a shifty+festival stickers, or would it just be outright illegal?
13 Nov 2019, 1:32 pm
Susan
Since it looks like the base was stretched to achieve the proportions it has now, the Paintie will have to go on a Midnight Shifty as it would not properly match the base otherwise

StrayChowChow
As long as no line art from the festival Chibi bases is being used and all of it is drawn by yourself then the Paintie will be fine to go on a regular Chibi Fox
13 Nov 2019, 1:42 pm
StrayChowChow
As long as no line art from the festival Chibi bases is being used and all of it is drawn by yourself then the Paintie will be fine to go on a regular Chibi Fox

None of the lineart is drawn by myself, it's spliced from different chibi (pool fox chibi and sub mask fox) bases to make a "kiwiggle improvement" version of the fox chibi base. Since it does use lineart (such as the insides of the ears and the head tufts) from the festival chibi bases, that would make it illegal then?

I was just curious, I did it as an experiment a while ago and have been wondering since xD
13 Nov 2019, 2:00 pm
StrayChowChow
That does make the Paintie illegal yes, it's not allowed to use line art from different festival Chibis in one Paintie, much like you're not allowed to use parts from different non-Chibi festival colors together, you'll have to choose one festival Chibi to work with if you want to make edits for a Paintie using line art from a festival Chibi
14 Nov 2019, 8:47 am
https://imgur.com/a/D9AQX4l

made updated version that hopfully fits the base more ?
would this be able to fit on the base or be on a shifty.
: 3
14 Nov 2019, 3:42 pm
Susan
The Paintie will be fine on the base
16 Nov 2019, 7:58 pm
If I made a paintie with the tangled moth base that still had the lights, but the cord was erased (so like floating motes of light) do you think that would be losing too many festival elements?
17 Nov 2019, 10:09 am
StrayChowChow
If just the cord is removed and the lights remain the Paintie will still be fine to be uploaded on a Chibi Tangled Moth