Official Paintie Check Thread

28 Apr 2019, 4:03 pm
MOD-Thaleia
Thank you very much! (^w^)
29 Apr 2019, 9:33 am
dd5qyol-b9d01630-d625-429f-b8a4-5d1da75f Would she work as a paintie for a normal shifty?
+++ Your friendly neighborhood Idiot +++
The expert on weird things that make you uncomfortable and aware of things you only just notice after I say them.

Also I have all the emotional intelligence of a fish and yet I'm the designated relationship advice giver so haha don't trust me I'm unstable
30 Apr 2019, 7:51 am (Edited 30 Apr 2019, 7:52 am)
http://www.furvilla.com/img/painties/45/45476.png
So this paintie has been giving me hell for a few weeks and I'm wondering what I can do to make it work on a chibi snowman Wickerbeast
30 Apr 2019, 10:27 am
Alekzy
Hi again! Could you please provide a more clear overlay? (Sketch and base separate + overlay)

Anubinch
Resize the Paintie to be 400px tall and it'll pass on a Midnight Shifty!

Katthekit
Either submit the Paintie on a Chibi Wickerbeast with the scarf removed or redraw the Paintie completely to match the Chibi Snowman Wickerbeast base
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Site Rules | Paintie Rules | CSS Rules
Offsite Trading Rules | File a Report | Change Log | Contact Us | Knowledgebase
30 Apr 2019, 11:53 am
I actually edited the snowman base to have hair, short horns, and no icicles? I don't understand.
30 Apr 2019, 4:40 pm
Katthekit
When you use a chibi base from a festival color most of the festival elements need to be present in the Paintie so it can still be recognized as the festival chibi

If you wish to use the Chibi Snowman Wickerbeast base for your Paintie you must edit in the horns again, redraw the body to match up with the line art of the festival base, and keep the scarf, as these are the biggest indicators of the base being a festival base
2 May 2019, 10:45 am (Edited 2 May 2019, 10:47 am)
.......... Can someone please explain this?

66SFBRN.jpg
VgQ8lb4.jpg

45460.png

This appears to be getting out of hand....
And I'm really running out of patience. -.- (so I apologise if I'm snappy)
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
2 May 2019, 5:02 pm
I commissioned (not done yet, still in their queue) a paintie using the Cloud Dragon base, but making the cloudy bits appear as moss. However, the character doesn't have wings and I'd have the rainbow trails removed. Would that mean it wouldn't pass on a Cloud Dragon if it didn't include the rainbow wings/trails?
2 May 2019, 7:03 pm
Alekzy
Hi again! Could you please provide a more clear overlay? (Sketch and base separate + overlay)

Sure! Here it is
3 May 2019, 2:01 pm
WinterBliss
Apologies for the misunderstanding, please try submitting the Paintie again on a Midnight Shifty villager if you wish to keep the Paintie unaltered

StrayChowChow
As long as the Paintie follows the line art of the rest of the base it should be fine, but it is recommended to at least keep the rainbow trails by the horns

Alekzy
The Paintie needs to be applied using a Magic Elite Heart Gem if you wish to use it on the Noble Bear
3 May 2019, 4:34 pm
WinterBliss
Alekzy
The Paintie needs to be applied using a Magic Elite Heart Gem if you wish to use it on the Noble Bear

What changes I should do to maket is pass as noble bear with no gem thing?
3 May 2019, 4:45 pm
Alekzy
The Paintie's torso and arms have to be redrawn completely following the Noble Bear base's pose if you wish to use it for a Noble Bear villager without using a Magic Elite Heart Gem
3 May 2019, 5:09 pm
Alekzy
The Paintie's torso and arms have to be redrawn completely following the Noble Bear base's pose if you wish to use it for a Noble Bear villager without using a Magic Elite Heart Gem

What about the height?
I want him to be sligthly taller. Can I keep that or should I make him with the exact height of the base?
3 May 2019, 5:10 pm
Alekzy
You're allowed to have the Paintie be slightly taller than the base
3 May 2019, 6:15 pm
Alekzy
You're allowed to have the Paintie be slightly taller than the base

Excellent, I will re-sketch it.
Thank you very much! ^^
3 May 2019, 8:55 pm
So what would have to be altered to keep it to the horse angelic base?
gIhJQDV.gif
4 May 2019, 8:53 am
WinterBliss
The body pose of the Paintie has to match up with the body pose of the Angelic Horse
4 May 2019, 2:41 pm
So the arm would have to move to face downwards?
gIhJQDV.gif
4 May 2019, 3:48 pm
WinterBliss
Yes, the legs would have to be re-positioned as well to match with the position of the Angelic Horse
6 May 2019, 11:07 am
Would this work on a shifty?
it's Furby inspired but I don't know if its too similar to a Furby ;w; I can change it up if it is, but this is just the line art for It, and its a little sketchy so I'd smooth it up a little before submitting
Want a cute new closed species Adopt? Check out mine! Fizzees!
Im on FV time! I can also be found on Pixpet and Flight Rising!
Im also: A huge freaking nerd/dork -w-
6 May 2019, 8:36 pm (Edited 6 May 2019, 8:36 pm)
What's the reason this paintie was denied on the Spell Caster Saggitari base? I didn't create the art so I'm not sure I could have it altered, is there any other way I could have it approved?
yyh6w8vz64e0644bc499d62b2557401e81fa141a.pngyyh6w8vz
7 May 2019, 5:09 pm (Edited 7 May 2019, 5:13 pm)
This is unfinished and I reallly wanna use it once it's done. I did plan to use it over a Manokit due to the similarities there but would I need a shifty? Or would just using gems be enough? I've recently returned from a long hiatus and all this is new and wild :'D it's all changed so much
done_by_detnet____not_me_d__by_zer0starx
8 May 2019, 4:53 am
PearlyGirl
The face is too close of that of a Furby, I recommend changing it to be different from that of a Furby

ForeverFrosted
More of the festival elements need to be edited back into the Paintie for it to be able to pass on the Spell Caster Saggitari

Cosmic_Hound
Welcome back to Furvilla!

The Paintie would need to go on a Midnight Shifty
You can't submit Painties on bases (like the Manokit) if the Paintie is not made using the corresponding base, free drawn Painties that differ from a base don't go on bases even if it is their species/the species is similar or share similar traits

If you wish to read more about the freedoms and limitations you can do with Painties please read our Paintie rules and the Knowledgebase article on the Magic Heart Gems
One of our users made a Guide explaining the different Shifty potions and elaborates on the Magic Heart Gems as well in our Guides forum

I hope these links are of help to get you back up to date!
8 May 2019, 6:00 am
Is there any way I could get them uploaded, then, without editing it? A shifty?
yyh6w8vz64e0644bc499d62b2557401e81fa141a.pngyyh6w8vz
8 May 2019, 6:02 am
ForeverFrosted
Unfortunately not as it uses festival elements, chibi Painties using festival elements must always be uploaded to its corresponding festival base