Official Paintie Check Thread

2 Jun 2019, 3:22 pm
Oh okay, I didn't realize it was made by a user. That was totally my bad. Thank you so much for clearing that up. If I may, I think it would be a great idea to implement a new magic heart gem (magic prismatic heart gem?) that's 500FD in the FDE that would be usable on chibi fest bases, so that people like the above can use some festival elements in their chibi but not enough to pass on a regular chibi fest base. I feel like the strict rules about chibi fest bases passing, and festival elements not being able to be used on regular chibis, leave a lot of people (as evidenced by the multiple people who've posted here) in limbo.
4 Jun 2019, 4:02 am
hi, would this pass on a Chibi Dragon Cat ? the head is spliced with the Chibi Pup base,, i wasnt sure if youre allowed to splice event bases with regular ones so i thought id check before i work on them anymore

edit
overlay
6 Jun 2019, 3:32 am
queentyrunt
The splicing of any Chibi base parts onto any other Chibis is not allowed

pythqn
The Paintie will need to be on a Midnight Shifty, Painties for regular villagers will need to match the base of the villager, for more information please read our Paintie rules
If you have any more questions feel free to ask them in this thread!
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Site Rules | Paintie Rules | CSS Rules
Offsite Trading Rules | File a Report | Change Log | Contact Us | Knowledgebase
6 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm
Hi!! I've read over the paintie rules quite a few times and I'm still a little bit confused as to how painties work but I thought I might ask! I wanted to check with someone before I went to color this so this is just a screenshot of the paintie's lineart the original version will be resized to fit the rules.

Lineart
Overlay on Villager Poodle Base

I'm willing to change a few things but the eyes are kind of a must have so let me know if I need a different base to keep that. I also was wondering if I would need anything special to add (small) bird/angel wings? In the paintie submission thing it said stuff like dragon wings were free to go but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to add the other wings seeing as the angel costume is a thing.
6 Jun 2019, 3:23 pm (Edited 6 Jun 2019, 3:24 pm)
Oh,, ok that's fine? I have had other mods tell me that splicing is ok and I've seen you say that it's fine though? I'm sorry, I'm just really confused is all since this seems to be a regular thing I keep seeing. I have a spliced chibi pantie uploaded here and it was fine. Is any splicing on chibis not allowed ever or is it just that you can't splice parts of a regular chibi on to an event one?
6 Jun 2019, 4:31 pm (Edited 6 Jun 2019, 4:40 pm)
Riverheart
An error was made on my part, you're allowed to splice chibi bases with each other, my apologies for the mistake!

(quote from a few pages back in this thread)

I agree with @/queentyrunt, you've contradicted yourself a few times and I have personally seen obviously spliced chibi bases pass. I think some chibi rules that include the topic of chibi-chibi splicing and festival chibi's immunity to magic elite heart gems is a really good idea to prevent future confusion.

Pinging Admin-Mat just for confirmation on this rule: Can we splice chibi base parts onto other chibi bases?

PS Thaleia I realize you're only human and I don't fault you, I just think some written down rules would help a lot with things like this. I hope I'm not coming across as hostile or argumentative or whatever, that's not my intent at all. <3
6 Jun 2019, 4:57 pm
We realize that the various and innumerable rules for chibi painties can get confusing and we're working behind the scenes to try and hammer out some fixes for this. I don't have an exact date when we will be able to roll these fixes out but I hope you can please be patient with us in the meantime.

As for splicing, chibi to chibi splicing is allowed, except for festival bases and gembounds (normal pieces can be spliced onto a gembound sticker paintie but not the other way around).
MD4g0sv.png
♥ ADMIN-MAT ♥
6 Jun 2019, 5:18 pm
We realize that the various and innumerable rules for chibi painties can get confusing and we're working behind the scenes to try and hammer out some fixes for this. I don't have an exact date when we will be able to roll these fixes out but I hope you can please be patient with us in the meantime.

As for splicing, chibi to chibi splicing is allowed, except for festival bases and gembounds (normal pieces can be spliced onto a gembound sticker paintie but not the other way around).

Of course, thank you so much for clarifying and letting us know something is in the works <3!

I'll crawl back into my hole now
7 Jun 2019, 12:08 am (Edited 7 Jun 2019, 12:11 am)
https://file.toyhou.se/images/14404396_aNP1tLnkpXn9KoE.png
Is this allowed for a paintie for my Wolf? I only attached a Gryphon wing, and mirrored it for the other side. I wanted to know before I actually plan to buy it.
7 Jun 2019, 8:32 am
Lizardsinner
The Paintie will pass just fine on the Poodle base
If you want to add wings you don't need to do anything special, the only wings you can't use are wings from the Dutch Angel Dragon base (unless you submit the Paintie on a Galactic Shifty) and wings from any costume base if the appropriate costume is not applied

Lab
The Paintie looks like it's slightly tilted, the Paintie's position must be corrected before it will be able to pass on the Wolf base
7 Jun 2019, 4:21 pm (Edited 8 Jun 2019, 5:46 pm)
So I have a Chibi Dragon Cat that I would love to make a paintie for, however I had a question regarding the edit I would want to make.

The character I would make is a cat/bird hybrid. She looks like this.

I wasn't sure if that would be allowed as long as I stick to the base or if I would be required to have a shifty since her species is technically not 100% a cat.

Thank you for answering such an odd question for me! I would just hate to pour time into a paintie of her and have it get rejected for that reason.

Edit: One more question (Sorry!) I have a canine and I was wondering if it would be acceptable to give him Jack Russel Ears or if I would be required to morph him with a plush first. Thank you again ;v; )/
tumblr_psjap7zEZv1rfxbzoo1_500.png
8 Jun 2019, 5:34 pm
I made an MSPaint paintie here that's a tarantula with a human nose, which I made to parody a hilarious typo where someone wrote red nose tarantula instead of red knee.

https://i.imgur.com/nwkeZGG.png

would i need a primal heart gem or primordial shifty because of the human nose, or is this fine on a normal shifty
Kevin/Raze | 25 | She/Her | Scorpio | Butch Juggalo

kf3Yi1t.png
11 Jun 2019, 12:25 pm
Would this paintie edit still be passable for the Chibi Barbarian Bear? :0
yxnm6ro3
yxnm6ro3
Davin
17 | Her/She | Awkward
ISFP | +1 FV Time
DeviantArt | Toyhouse
Tumblr | Art Fight
11 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2729/VkkWFu.png

would this be okay for my chocolate mustelid, cocoa?
sal | 16 | autistic | commissions open! | local metalhead furry
12 Jun 2019, 9:45 am
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/2729/VkkWFu.png

would this be okay for my chocolate mustelid, cocoa?

As far as I know you will need Shifty if you want to change the pose
But if you need to redraw you gotta trace the base

Well from my experience-
Heyo! I can draw :v

UdyuKI1.png

pixil-gif-drawing.gif
12 Jun 2019, 9:47 am
Also would this pass the rougue lizard?

UdyuKI1.png

pixil-gif-drawing.gif
12 Jun 2019, 5:12 pm
nimblemusicbox
You can use the Chibi Dragon Cat for your character as long as you keep a majority of the festival elements in your Paintie

You can use the Jack Russel ears on any Canine base without transforming the villager first

Raze
The Paintie will pass on a regular Midnight Shifty as it doesn't have more than one human feature

Davin
The Paintie looks like it will pass fine on a Chibi Barbarian Bear, but I recommend not removing/heavily editing any more of the festival elements

sanitysfall
The Paintie will need to be submitted to a Midnight Shifty as it is too different from the Mustelid base

Pinkapop
Do NOT answer any questions on behalf of a Paintie mod in this thread, it is specifically stated in the rules of the first post that all users should refrain from answering another user's question in this thread as it is for staff confirmation only, user input should be given in any thread outside of this one

The Paintie will pass fine on a Chibi Rogue Lizard
13 Jun 2019, 3:43 am
Sorry, I forgot about that, I will be more careful with the rules next time.

Thuogh also, do I resize chibi painties like normal painties?

UdyuKI1.png

pixil-gif-drawing.gif
13 Jun 2019, 3:11 pm
Pinkapop
Yes, all Painties must be exactly 400px in height and no bigger than 600px in width
17 Jun 2019, 7:56 am
would this pass on a bat base? [https://i.imgur.com/A81hISh.jpg]
if not what would i have to edit for it to be passable? ^^
If It's my thread no need to ping!
If it is NOT my thread, please ping!

Art Shop
Custom, Premade, and Base Shop
Discord Server
Buy me a KoFi?
17 Jun 2019, 2:05 pm
I feel like I've seen this question answered somewhere before, but I can't remember where it was and I wanted to make sure- Do festival chibi bases count as limited bases? Would I be able to use a heavily-edited version of one on my galactic shifty?

Trinity.Blood.600.104722.jpg
♔ Flannel/Lucius/Damask | 23 | Male; he/him | Nonhuman [Shapeshifter, Werepire, ⚣ Incubus] | Vampire [Sang, Psi] | Beta Tester ♔
Ping to summon a Real Live Demon to your thread
icon by rinkhet
17 Jun 2019, 2:29 pm (Edited 17 Jun 2019, 2:29 pm)
-
This on a fox base?
68ea6dbcef516f3bf4afb2b2ba68897f.jpg
”Often I am upset
That I cannot fall in love”
68ea6dbcef516f3bf4afb2b2ba68897f.jpg