Welcome Spring Writing Contest Discussion

2 Apr 2019, 9:33 pm (Edited 2 Apr 2019, 9:35 pm)

This is the place to post your questions, comments, and concerns pertaining to the Welcome Spring Writing Contest.

Since we're also currently looking for feedback, this is also a place where you can post additional feelings about any of the revamps- if you have further ideas or feedback, put it here.

If you need any of the rules clarified or any other questions, post it here. This is so that if anyone else has the same question, we won't have to answer it twice. If you absolutely feel your question can only be asked in private, it's okay to PM me, MOD-Pseudonym , directly. But only if it absolutely must be confidential.

2 Apr 2019, 11:41 pm
OMG I love this prompt! 'Impromptu music concert.' Holy shit am I gonna own this!

Also these prompts are much better for written. They are just vague enough for complete artistic freedom, yet just enough detail to get those creative juices going.
xFN5rTq.jpg
What’s this? A new Unpopular Opinions thread!?
19 Apr 2019, 3:46 pm
Where do I submit the writing? Like, if I write it in a docs, do I send it to you?
PLEASE LINK ME AS THE CREATOR OF NIGHTWOOLS. THANK YOU.
PLEASE DO NOT PING ME ON MY OWN THREADS.

Nightwools Semi-Open Species Thread
22 Apr 2019, 3:12 pm
would a rabbit being eaten be shocking? crunching is mentioned. what about the targeting of baby rabbits by a predator? (they are saved in the end.)
me, tiny wyverns in a trenchcoat!?? no, that's silly
49696540812_f829adf99b_h.jpg
icon art by annecahi
22 Apr 2019, 3:59 pm
Would an Easter theme be accepted? Where they paint eggs?
PLEASE LINK ME AS THE CREATOR OF NIGHTWOOLS. THANK YOU.
PLEASE DO NOT PING ME ON MY OWN THREADS.

Nightwools Semi-Open Species Thread
23 Apr 2019, 4:05 pm
Nova_Dutchie Your submission must be posted in the Welcome Spring Writing Contest threat, but I see you've already submitted it. If you create a public document in the future, such as Google Docs, you can link it there and I will read it. Just make sure your sharing is on so I can see it ^^

Yes, egg painting is acceptable under the "Spring and its impacts upon your villagers" theme.

Joey-wyvern Just tag your submission with a gore/violence warning and I will accept it. As a rule of thumb, just try not to get any more graphic than a Disney parent death in your submissions and they'll be fine.
23 Apr 2019, 4:09 pm
Tag? How would I do that?
icon art by annecahi
25 Apr 2019, 12:07 am
Joey-wyvern Just type in bold letters at the top of your entry, GORE/VIOLENCE WARNING or something of the sort.
25 Apr 2019, 1:39 pm
Thanks
icon art by annecahi