Anyone disappointed there wasn't an event shop?

10 Jun 2019, 2:23 pm
Dubstep

thank you! Her paintie was made by @/Miraclebloom!
Elsie | She/Her | Art Shop|

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
10 Jun 2019, 2:30 pm
There was an event?
L5n3Jfc.png
10 Jun 2019, 2:37 pm
There was an event?

Yup, they always announce them in the news
popsicle avatar made by Graffiti
10 Jun 2019, 2:51 pm
reminds me that i didn't get one of the stickers i really liked '-'

but yeah, slightly disappointed

oh and thank you for this post, i didn't notice i could open Discarded Loot Sacks xD
artshop_by_mad_whisperer-dbj701c.png paintiesshop_by_mad_whisperer-dbj700r.pn shiftievista_by_mad_whisperer-dbj7013.pn
10 Jun 2019, 3:08 pm
I was in the highest difficulty battle ground and yet struggled the whole time. I'm usually easily able to gather the few stickers I care for along with the few items I care for and this was just uuuuugh. i don't play much anymore, only coming back for the events and this one did not feel worth my time at all.
Jashin325 is my furvilla waifu
FictionKin to Bill Cipher
I adore being pinged so please do it.
MC9fqrM_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
10 Jun 2019, 3:18 pm
I am very upset about not getting a shop.

I spent hundreds of charges in the very difficult battle grounds, and I hardly got anything. I bought a few pieces of equipment from user stalls, which I found annoying because I shouldn't have to spend even more FC just to get things that should've been found during the event.
I only got one singular loot sack, and it was the one I got from the staff. And no, I got a plushie. Not something I can even use.

I was extremely disappointed with this event, and I certainly hope they change it next year. :/
On the plus side, I adore the stickers.
❊|| She/Her | Chicken mom | FlightRising | Certified Fandom Trash ||❊

Amino9c39178c1a4fa515.gif
10 Jun 2019, 3:29 pm
I was extremely disappointed with this event, I voiced my criticisms in the original news post for the event
Tldr; the items were fantastic, and I loved the amount of equipment one could get, but I hated fighting RNG as usual, and having it so limited to experienced warriors only felt extremely backwards to me
god's mistake / 22 / Female / MST (Furvilla time -1)]
tumblr_inline_plx6w9g81d1qhv2bw_540.png
10 Jun 2019, 3:41 pm
I'm a fair bit new so I haven't experienced many events so far but I only got one (the one the staff sent out) Loot bag, I wasn't as big on my warrior but still using the warrior a fair bit. I only got one Kitsune (Discourse Kitsune) Sadly. I also had NO IDEA what things I could get from the event,

I really LOVED the sticker packs! I hope that part comes back!
------------------------------------------------------------
~ Aquarius ~ Female ~ She/her ~ Autochorissexual ~ Canadian ~ Vocaloid lover ~ Anime and Manga lover ~ Artist ~ + 1 h FV time
------------------------------------------------------------
4752-dragonsmaw-crest-button.png my heart is in Dragonsmaw 4752-dragonsmaw-crest-button.png
please ping! (you can do so by @Usernamehere)
10 Jun 2019, 4:38 pm

oh and thank you for this post, i didn't notice i could open Discarded Loot Sacks xD

Which sticker do you want, I'd be glad to send it
popsicle avatar made by Graffiti
11 Jun 2019, 6:35 am
I remembered this thread and it's kind of depressing to see how many people ended up with only the singular loot sack that was sent out by staff. The RNG Component is really shitty for such an event that will never have these items again.

I think there were just way too many weapons to try to collect, way too many items in general to try to collect, too many things locked behind a Level Wall, and I loved the sticker packs but it was shitty that there was a 50% chance you'd get the sticker you want, but you couldn't USE it because it was non-magical.

Yeah it's been a few days since the end of the OFB Jousiting Festival, but heck if I don't want it to improve for next year to be something people can enjoy, and that people of all skill levels and free time can have a shot at at least half the available items.

I swear that everything is set up to screw new players out of getting ahead in the game at all during warrior based events. And somehow double heck you for being a casual player?

It'd also be nice not to be told "You don't HAVE to collect everything", when I and several other people clearly feel that collecting all the LIMITED EVENT ITEMS is part of the experience of a LIMITED, ONCE A YEAR Festival where (according to the past of all events so far) All Items are Exclusive to the Event and will never be seen again.
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
11 Jun 2019, 6:58 am

Which sticker do you want, I'd be glad to send it

I needed a Magic Carousel Horse Sticker :')
(If you'd like, I could draw something for you in exchange, seeing as its price is quite high right now lkdsjfdsf)
artshop_by_mad_whisperer-dbj701c.png paintiesshop_by_mad_whisperer-dbj700r.pn shiftievista_by_mad_whisperer-dbj7013.pn
11 Jun 2019, 9:11 am (Edited 11 Jun 2019, 9:38 am)
They actually made getting equipment a lot easier in this event. Normally, a piece of equipment is locked to *only* dropping from a single specific enemy but every enemy had a chance to drop other enemy's equipment in this event.

Not only that but they added the weaker enemies from the easier difficulty to the harder ones, which meant those easy enemies that showed up in Very Difficult could drop better equipment too.

I'm still against putting equipment in shops, they're not meant to be collected. They're meant to be used by warriors. One of the last times we had the event shop (halloween), everyone in Furvilla was able to easily buy the best spell weapon in the game. (which is still the best spell imo)

Edit: I do agree with noiro though, I feel like there was way too much work put into the amount of items for this event. Would've been a lot better to have less items and more interactive stuff.
11 Jun 2019, 9:50 am
Kaenisei
That sticker was actually from the last Quetzal Palace event!
11 Jun 2019, 9:56 am (Edited 11 Jun 2019, 9:56 am)
yeaaaah.... there's a crapton of stuff i couldn't get. i lucked out with the balloons, but that's about it. it would have been nice to have had a shop. i really don't do warrior class stuff anymore, so i missed out all of it because i didn't get anything from the stuff i did do in there
♡ /ᐠ。。ꞈ。。ᐟ ♡

"Can I help you not to hurt anymore" - Linkin Park
.:: ✞ :: bitsie :: female :: shy spider :: married :: momma ::

ycbb974t
11 Jun 2019, 10:19 am (Edited 11 Jun 2019, 10:25 am)
Kaenisei
That sticker was actually from the last Quetzal Palace event!

What, really?? I had no idea, my bad, I couldn't find an official list in the news so I referred to the enemies in the fields dslkfjsdlkfjdsf
(so Dubstep , there was actually none haha,, thank you for offering though!)
11 Jun 2019, 11:43 am
As an older player with a few well equipped warriors and free time on my hands I feel like a shop, while nice to have, wasn't super necessary for this event. But as a newbie or just somebody who doesn't have much time on their hands it was tough. Stickers were common enough for easy trading and while it would be nice to have all the weapons from this event, I hope in future the warrior career won't be centered around only limited event equips so that missing out on a rare event equip isn't the end of a warrior's PvP days.

All in all, I think there were just too many items this event (and like others said, items that didn't distinctly correlate to the theme of OFB). The strength of the battleground enemies, the weapons they dropped and setup of global item drops was good and having other careers involved in the event was pleasant. Might have been better to have food recipes or craftable pets over the introduction of more keepsakes and outfits though. Possibly try to limit those inventory fillers to one or two per event or eventually our inventories will be so difficult to navigate that everybody just quits out of frustration *cough thissiteisgoingtogivemeahoardingproblemiswear* ;u;

Having the Fae bat and the carousel horse in the enemy pool was also a bit confusing since they were in the chibi sticker dropping ground, I totally forgot they were from a past event and thought that they were part of this event's drops eue

In future when the site has a stable coding force, it'd be great to see more events with positive player v player interaction like the treating part of that Halloween event. And even the sequential quest like riddling of the festival with the frozen lightbulbs
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• Art shop
12 Jun 2019, 6:38 am
I remembered this thread and it's kind of depressing to see how many people ended up with only the singular loot sack that was sent out by staff. The RNG Component is really shitty for such an event that will never have these items again.

I think there were just way too many weapons to try to collect, way too many items in general to try to collect, too many things locked behind a Level Wall, and I loved the sticker packs but it was shitty that there was a 50% chance you'd get the sticker you want, but you couldn't USE it because it was non-magical.

Yeah it's been a few days since the end of the OFB Jousiting Festival, but heck if I don't want it to improve for next year to be something people can enjoy, and that people of all skill levels and free time can have a shot at at least half the available items.

I swear that everything is set up to screw new players out of getting ahead in the game at all during warrior based events. And somehow double heck you for being a casual player?

It'd also be nice not to be told "You don't HAVE to collect everything", when I and several other people clearly feel that collecting all the LIMITED EVENT ITEMS is part of the experience of a LIMITED, ONCE A YEAR Festival where (according to the past of all events so far) All Items are Exclusive to the Event and will never be seen again.
qft

Much better worded than my own thoughts on the matter. Since its inception it feels like the site has had big issues with RNG grinding and refuses to acknowledge it, imo. And that last point, THANK YOU. YES. 10000% THIS.
12 Jun 2019, 6:41 am
There was an event?

It was the OFB warrior event. but some things was able to be found in explore.
3445-asexual-pride-button.pngKzxNd3S.png3445-asexual-pride-button.png
12 Jun 2019, 10:24 pm
answrs said:
Much better worded than my own thoughts on the matter. Since its inception it feels like the site has had big issues with RNG grinding and refuses to acknowledge it, imo. And that last point, THANK YOU. YES. 10000% THIS.

Oh thank you! I'm glad I could word it well. Is been bothering me alot because Events should be enjoyable. It seems alot of people didn't even know there was a major festival event going on at all.
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
12 Jun 2019, 10:46 pm
Yeah this was an annoying event over all. Really felt more like a warrior event and i have horrible luck with those. I dropped a TON of treasure to get most of what I am missing for the events including some doubles for a friend. As for as the RNG went....I was SO sick and tired of finding tons of stickers everywhere I turned but then the few items I was hunting for there at the end "Lightning Maul and Wizard Hat' never dropped for me. I got gobs of useless low leveled items which I junked at my blacksmith for the new gold ore. I think I junked nearly 30 tanned tunics in all and almost as many basic Mauls. I kept hunting for the lootbags to get a wizard hat and when the drop rate was already abysmally low on an item with a abysmally low drop rate it was stupid. In the end I burned about 200 warrior potions on my best fighter during the span of about two to three days and I think in total I got maybe 20 lootbags and I felt I got very little from those loot bags. So yeah after all the hard work I put in I'm a little annoyed at having no store that I could then spend hard earned points in to get all the items.

Not to mention that there were at least three fighters in the highest difficulty area that I think just about everyone had issues with as those fighters were way to tough for a good percentage of even the better players. Again if you haven't been lucky on any of the warrior events to get the good items you were out of luck here.
GNU: Terry Pratchett | Work 8 hrs a day every day no smartphone. Festivals make me headesk

12 Jun 2019, 11:09 pm
I had fun with it, I really love the Explore Events with all the story text! But I do miss a shop element, it gave something to shoot for rather than just hoping for good luck this hour on my explorers. I don't like the non-magical sticker element, it made getting some of the stickers a lot harder than need be, but I still got most of them and bought the rest.
As far as warriors go, my level 20 stayed mostly in the easy battle ground and found some stickers and some equipment, and a few loot bags.
I do like the warrior event. But I'd like a shop with the same items that drop anyway so I can still pick up some of the items the RGN didn't bestow upon me. XD
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
13 Jun 2019, 12:13 am
I didn't even realize the event had ended. I would have loved another chance at earning a Mayor Minstrel Plushie, since I missed it last year (I've never cared much for the Warrior career, so I've never participated in the Tourney in years past). Still, I'm happy that I was able to craft a Maple plushie at least. owo (I loved being able to do non-warrior stuff this year!)
Avatar by nix-sil.deviantart.com