Being able to delete your own account

11 Jun 2019, 5:49 am (Edited 11 Jun 2019, 5:50 am)
Yeeeeeah I was thinking about this one lately actually-
Heyo! I can draw :v

UdyuKI1.png

pixil-gif-drawing.gif
11 Jun 2019, 6:11 am
I understand wanting to stop playing the game somewhat, but I'm not really sure deleting your account is necessary for much of anything?
Deletion of accounts made by children (under age 13) is done for legal reasons.
The only thing I can think of as a real reason to delete, say, my own account, would be to add my name back into the possible names pool, but then that leaves the name open to someone who wants to be an asshole and masquerade as me.
I guess I can't really understand deleting my own account if it contains nothing of my personal information.

(also the title of the thread is way more aggressive than I think it means to be.)
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
11 Jun 2019, 6:41 am
pythqn said:
I understand wanting to stop playing the game somewhat, but I'm not really sure deleting your account is necessary for much of anything?
Deletion of accounts made by children (under age 13) is done for legal reasons.
The only thing I can think of as a real reason to delete, say, my own account, would be to add my name back into the possible names pool, but then that leaves the name open to someone who wants to be an asshole and masquerade as me.
I guess I can't really understand deleting my own account if it contains nothing of my personal information.

(also the title of the thread is way more aggressive than I think it means to be.)

thats exactly why i'd want to delete an account. i dont want to hog a username if someone else could use it. or maybe i grow out of this furry stuff (i wont lol) and dont want my username tied to it. i dont want to spend money on FD to change my username. i should just be able to delete my account.

also, i edited the title. i was trying to keep it short because of the title character limit.

The title is so much better now, though I get trying to fit what ya wanna say in to a small space.
(It did come off more as telling people to delete their accounts before is all, which wouldn't have helped get more opinions)

As for the name thing... I guess I just have more sentiment for my own name than other people do? I can't imagine letting someone else have my username/s for anything. Everything else I can edit or delete or discard or give away if I really want to stop playing.

Change the password to nonsense or whatever? Sure. Never sign in again? Easy. Let someone else run around with MY Name? Nope.
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
11 Jun 2019, 4:20 pm
pythqn
You are able to email [email protected] with a request to ban your account, I'm not sure if they'll also reset your username upon request when you ask for a ban but it doesn't hurt to try, the catch is that you can't make another account later, if you decide to return you'll have to email staff again to get your account unbanned
11 Jun 2019, 4:32 pm
Varinis agreed. this username isn't the one i use across all my sites (this is the only one though, and its because i had this before i made my "official" username that i use for everything) just the thought of people using my username that i associate with my image really irks me. i dont really see a need to deleting an account, never have, never will.

Ra6WMEo.jpg Leyla | Any pronouns | ENFP-T | VOTE IGOR | Beta since 7/1/16
Tumblr

NYJSBvU.jpgPlease always ping me!