Adopt pricing help

19 Jun 2019, 8:41 am (Edited 19 Jun 2019, 8:43 am)
Hiya! I am opening my abnormal adopt shop soon but its been a while since ive sold adopts and im not really sure how much these should go for ^^; any and all help would be appreciated!

Adopt 1
vaporwave robobunny

Adopt 2
gore warning

Leo | He/Him | Trans FTM | Artist
Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster

19 Jun 2019, 9:51 am
help? ;w;

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
19 Jun 2019, 10:19 am
Ooh that gore fox is quite lovely! Quick question - what are you planning on pricing in - FD, FC, USD?
19 Jun 2019, 10:31 am (Edited 19 Jun 2019, 10:32 am)
RedlaSunShowers029 i'm planning on doing all three, I just have no base price for them since I haven't done adopts in quite a while and my style in how I color has changed ;w;

And thanks! It's technically a spookbeast v2 but I agree it does look foxy :3

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
19 Jun 2019, 9:18 pm
Bump!

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
20 Jun 2019, 8:12 am
Bump

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
21 Jun 2019, 8:44 am
Bump

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
25 Jun 2019, 9:25 am
Id really like some input otherwise ill have to do these ota style xD

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster
28 Jun 2019, 9:59 am
Fiskie

I usually do it OTA since I don't really know what I'm doing, but yours look like you take a lot of time to make them, so maybe start at a flat price and do an auction? Like start it at 25,000 Fc - 25 fd - $1. (Kinda Random examples) and see where it goes from there? If people are very interested in them and they go for a high price then make a full on price like 100,000 Fc 100 fd $1-10 or something, sorry if this makes no sense I am trying to help TvT
Want to own a Droodle? They're a semi-closed species and there forum is now open! Come get your Droodle today!!!

4ZEwEfq.png
28 Jun 2019, 10:07 am
Fiskie

Hello!

I am not sure if you only did the coloring, or if you also did the lineart, so that might change things a bit- but I am assuming you did both, so these suggestions are with that in mind!

A test OTA may be a good start. Or do an auction, starting it with the minimum price you feel you could let them go for, then see how much it builds up. Or, you can do what I usually do, and price it by the time you spend on it. For example, my chibis are base priced (basic designs) at $20, because I take about two hours typically total to finish a basic. That gives me roughly $10 an hour, which is not fabulous, but it gets the job done.

But it's important to make sure you are getting back at least the basics of what you put into them. Figure out what you would think was worth it for you on an hourly basis. (: Hope this helps!
tumblr_paygi46lB61x8txmho1_250.gif
tumblr_pqswymISta1rydvfno1_250.png

Wear a crown of flowers on your head, let it's roots reach your heart.

pixel art by dedenne
28 Jun 2019, 10:18 am
Thank you!! Yeah my shop is already open and i forgot to close this thread. I may do that with my future adopts though, maybe auction style. The input is appreciated :)
Bitter_Pastel Puck

Tarot Shop
PWYW Pixel Paws
Icon by Floofmaster