welcome wagon | Q & A

21 Jun 2019, 4:01 pm (Edited 1 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm)
** welcome! **
If you are a returning player, you may want see this thread instead.

This will hopefully serve as a replacement for the old Adopt a Newbie thread.
I'm, uhhhhhh, just gonna serve as everyone's mentor, but if you wanna help, post & subscribe! ;) 

We hope you enjoy your stay, and we're here to make that as comfortable as possible. This thread contains information that should help you get started.

If you need any assistance, please don't be shy! I love questions.
If you have less than four villagers, let me know, and I'll send you the FC for those villager slots. Here are some freebies to get you started!

Table of Contents:
  1. Introductory post
  2. Newbie guide
  3. Making money
  4. General FAQ
  5. Resources
  6. Reserved
  7. Reserved

21 Jun 2019, 4:14 pm (Edited 30 Jul 2019, 4:21 pm)
** newbie guide **

tutorial.png
First step: finish the tutorial!

If you signed up within the last couple of years, then you must finish the tutorial first.

If you're stuck on the tutorial, please see this guide for more detail. Otherwise, here's a summary of the steps you'll need to take.
  1. Choose a Village.
  2. Create a villager.
  3. Set that villager to Explorer.
  4. Explore with the villager until you get at least one seed.
  5. Create your second villager.
  6. Set that villager to Herbalist .
  7. Plant at least one seed (do not need to harvest).
  8. Create your third villager.

** If you can't afford this, let me know! I'll send you some FC. **

9. Set that villager to warrior (no further action required).
  10. Tutorial complete! You may now change villager careers to anything.

If you need FC to expand, and you have less than four villagers, let me know! I'll send you some FC so you can expand to four villagers.

job-explorer.pngjob-herbalist.pngjob-warrior.pngjob-carpenter.png
Second step: pick some careers!

I'd set your fourth villager to construction worker so you can begin building houses for villagers #5-10. If you don't have enough wood (you'll need 70 slabs) to build a house, then set them to explorer and change careers once you've gotten enough.

While the tutorial recommends you set your third villager to warrior, warrior is definitely the most complex of all careers on Furvilla. If you're having trouble defeating monsters, you might want to switch to explorer. Otherwise, let me know, and I'll see what I can do to help! Occasionally, I have extra equipment to spare.

Each villager can learn up to 4 careers without losing any progress.
If a villager is just sitting there because you don't have enough reagents to set them to work, you should probably switch them to explorer so they can be productive members of your village.
21 Jun 2019, 4:15 pm (Edited 21 Jun 2019, 7:05 pm)
** making money **

furcoins-5.png
furcash.giffurcash.giffurcash.gif
Making money!

the best ways to earn FC when starting off are to sell things in your stalls or sell-back items to the site, depending on whichever way earns the most money. Stall prices are pretty indicative of how much an item is worth. You can also try selling art!

if you want FD but don't have USD, you can get it by either selling things for FD or buying it with FC. To buy FD with FC, create a thread either in item sales or service sales (or just keep an eye out for sellers). The current ratio is roughly 1:1000.

I generally recommend planting most seeds you get first before selling the plants, but don't plant the plantimal seeds (any seed that includes the word 'sinister', 'aquatic', 'armoured', 'radiant', or 'frozen').

Before making anything, you should check to see if it's cheaper to buy it! This is most often true of potions.

dawnseeker.png32311.png
Avoid these dastardly fellows!

Furvilla has a few features meant for more experienced players, and I absolutely would discourage any newbie from participating in them until they've gotten at least 10 villagers! These will not be profitable endeavors.

This includes the following:
  • Quests
    Don't do it unless you've got your eye on something other than the gembound plush! Nobody's even come close to hitting level 10 for those gembounds.
  • The Fair Exchange
    The primary purpose of this shop is to serve as a FC sink for rich warriors who like a gamble.
  • Animal Husbandry
    Collecting and domesticating animals will give you very little return. The primary purpose of this career is to breed animals. You'll want a good number of stables and a rare or super rare male, first.
  • Tailor
    You shouldn't have a full-time tailor. The recipes a tailor knows require more reagents than sustainable for full-time or they won't sell quickly enough for you to keep making them.
21 Jun 2019, 4:17 pm (Edited 21 Jun 2019, 7:28 pm)
** faq **
I'll expand this section once I start getting repeat questions!

What does this item do?
if you're ever unsure of what an item does, the item museum can tell you what recipes require it; for openables and potions, if it's unclear, try checking the wikia (but you may have to just ask someone).

How much is this item worth?
Look it up. Unlike some other sites, the lowest stall prices on Furvilla are an accurate representation of how much an item is worth to other users.

How do I buy something from the Recycler?
if you want to buy something from the recycler, you'll need fur gems, which you can get from discarding items.

Why can't I give this plush to my villager?
Why can't I put this plushie in my Toybox?

Plush and plushies are not the same thing. Plush resemble an existing villager coloration, and the magic version can be used to transform a villager into that coloration. Plushies are keepsakes can be displayed on a villager's profile.

How do I change my avatar?
Navigate to your forum settings.

How do I get this villager color?
Villager creation is locked to three colors. You can get a wider selection by using a morphing potion (cheaper), though some colors are exclusive to plush and stickers (usually more expensive). This guide helpfully indicates how to get each coloration.

I want a rare species!
The cheapest option is to use one of the magical 2017 Snow Festival plush.
21 Jun 2019, 4:19 pm (Edited 21 Jun 2019, 6:21 pm)
** resources **

General:Careers:Painties:CSS:Tools:Miscellaneous:
21 Jun 2019, 4:24 pm
21 Jun 2019, 4:26 pm (Edited 21 Jun 2019, 7:13 pm)
25 Jun 2019, 1:37 pm
bump!
30 Jul 2019, 2:02 am
Hi I’m a newbie and I need 4 villagers but I only have 2 may I please have some fc? This thread is a great help and I would recommend it to others :D
30 Jul 2019, 4:09 pm
Secretsu sent! please direct other newbies my way if they need help. <3
30 Jul 2019, 5:24 pm (Edited 30 Jul 2019, 5:25 pm)
Heyo, I joined a few days ago and so far it's been meh. Could you give me the FC I need for my 4th villager please? I've only got 79 FC lmao
aaaa follow me on pinterest and message me on there for a free adopt owo
30 Jul 2019, 7:04 pm
Excuse me, but I just joined the game a few hours ago and I need FC to buy my 4th villager. May I have some please? Tysm!
30 Jul 2019, 7:21 pm
Greetings there @msjanny ! Thank you for providing us with this wonderful guide!
30 Jul 2019, 7:37 pm
I just joined today, will I ever be loved?
JtY6uQo.png
I want you guys to know that I have mental illness since middle and I'm also ugly as duck
30 Jul 2019, 10:35 pm
I just joined today, will I ever be loved?

You are always loved. ovo <3
10083499_sdkgxKq3Br8doOc.gif

30 Jul 2019, 10:59 pm
Jarkkodacakefox  
I have personally found the Discord server to be very welcoming, so if you are looking for people to talk to, that would be a great place to start.
5 Aug 2019, 1:14 pm
msjanny
May I get some FC? I came over from FR and really want to give this a shot but can't quite figure it out yet!
5 Aug 2019, 1:17 pm
Capulet
Make sure you get your freebies and open them!

FR currency trades for FV currency is 1:1 right now (1 FD is 1 gem; 1 FC is 1 treasure), so if you'd like to do some offsite trading to get started, those are the rates I'd recommend.

Otherwise, I've laid out my advice for newbies in this thread; feel free to ask me specific questions!
5 Aug 2019, 11:58 pm
msjanny
Oh!! Wow! Thank you very much! Didn't even think about trading like that. Should help a lot, thank you! :)
13 Aug 2019, 6:29 am
This is so helpful thank you so much. I'm shook 4th villager is 5000 FC i mean i only got like 1500FC currently :(
14 Aug 2019, 1:51 pm
I have three villagers, and need some FC for a fourth.
15 Aug 2019, 10:24 am
Hello there! I'm a returning player with three villagers, and I need FC for a forth. May I please have some?
30 Aug 2019, 8:07 pm
bump!
2 Sep 2019, 4:17 pm
msjanny
I would greatly appreciate your help in getting my fourth villager.
8 Sep 2019, 9:22 pm (Edited 8 Sep 2019, 9:50 pm)
I hope it is ok asking for help to 4th villager ;u ;

edit: thank you very much!
I love horses and anything to do with horses. Piggies are cute too.
Uh I dont really have any social media links and such... Least not yet
3450-demisexual-pride-button.png3456-pansexual-pride-button.png4809-sheher-pronoun-button.png