[Guide] How to Forum Search

21 Jun 2019, 5:25 pm
Unfortunately, Furvilla does not have a forum search feature - so in order to search for information as efficiently as possible to answer questions or find old threads I use Google. This is a quick guide on how to do so!
This may be a pretty niche area, but personally it's been invaluable for me hunting down obscure things mentioned across the site's history, especially in answering questions such as the location of items, things said by a staff member, etc. This is how I do it almost instantly!

Step 1: A Basic Search

08T6xqw.png
site:www.furvilla.com kitsune

The main format you are going to want to use when searching is this. Adding the "site:" portion narrows the search to Furvilla only, which means you're going to get a long list of Furvilla results.
This is the quickest and easiest site search to remember.

Step 2: Narrowing the Results More

• To search the forums only, add on to the end site:www.furvilla.com/forums/. This concept can be applied to search other portions of the site too if you wish.

• If you're frustrated that your search isn't yielding the results you need, surround the search term with quotations, like so: site:www.furvilla.com "kitsune". This makes it so the results must contain exactly what you've searched for.
    And as always when searching, if it isn't returning what you're looking for, rephrase it to something more general or more specific.

• Search by a time frame using the "Tools" button on the right of the search bar to prevent super old results appearing
    T3HcFRm.png

• Something keep popping up that you aren't looking for? You can remove it from the search results like so: hGW4d8s.png
    By adding a - before a word, it will return everything about painties on the forums, without results that include tickets.

A Quick Disclaimer
As always, it's important to be wary of necroposting! Always consider the date of threads you're looking at before posting to avoid breaking one of FV's rules.
Avoid gravedigging unnecessary threads: You are welcome to resurrect a discussion if it is pertinent to the current climate of topic. This means that resurrecting a discussion about your favorite costume is okay, but not one that is about a news post from two years ago.

That's it! I hope this eases your forum experience a little!

30 Jan 2020, 1:06 pm
Ivory

Thank you for this guide! I was getting really frustrated with the lack of forum search, and was wondering if I needed to post yet another new thread under "Help Needed" when I found this.

(By the way, re: our earlier discussion, it turns out that there is a cooking guide here):

http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/57962-cook-career-guide

It's two years old, but hopefully it is basically accurate.

Anyway, thanks again for your search guide. it's truly helpful!
There's no need to ping me on my own threads – I’m subscribed!
30 Jan 2020, 4:21 pm
Aviva So glad to have helped you ♥️ I really do use these methods for finding 99% of my question answers haha

That's great too!! It looks pretty accurate, just that its Feast section is outdated since it was overhauled/mention of the deactivated illnesses and such.

For another more recent cooking tip, I've heard that dedicated folks use Cosette's Floral Tea as one of the most cost-effective cooking options (though I usually stick to the bigger FP ones so I don't spend so much time, even if it's more expensive lol)
30 Jan 2020, 4:26 pm
Ivory

Thanks for the tips! I am definitely looking for information on how to make it as cost-effective as possible to participate in the Feast — and at least win the monthly feast pets — so any hints and/or links you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
There's no need to ping me on my own threads – I’m subscribed!