Species Interest Check - Churkals

24 Jun 2019, 6:49 pm (Edited 3 Jul 2019, 1:15 pm)
9OGh1J3.png
Official Churkal Thread

• Churkals are a tribal species, with 3 subtypes (or 4, if you count Lure) - Se'ause, Zurrark, and Vuval.
  • The only differences between males and females are height and reproductive organs.
  • Have their own language - Churkali.
  • Toe and hand claws are not connected to each other, and can spread - much like cat toes.
  • They do have mouths! They're just... super odd. lvQEAEo.png

Pinglist for Updates: @Dogstar @paniic- @RoseGem

What is Open, What is Closed
Open
  • Se'ause
  • Zurrark
  • Lure

Closed
  • Vuval
  • Smaae S'nir

Se'ause
  • Usually only get to be around 4-5 feet tall (121-152 cm) but can vary slightly
  • Shorter tail and middle claws
  • larger ears and eyes
  • Hornless
  • Tend to be more timid/shy

Zurrark
  • Get to be about 7-8 feet tall (213-243 cm) but can vary slightly
  • Can have any type of horns - only one set
  • Longer tails than Se'ause
  • Usually quite outgoing and friendly

TKc2FLe.png
Picture of a typical Zurrark, with description

Vuval
  • Height tends to be anywhere between 10-12 feet (304-365 cm) but can vary
  • Can have any types of horns - up to two sets
  • Longest tails of the subspecies
  • Tend to be more aggressive/hostile
  • Some have spikes beneath their eyes - females tend to have 2, while males have 3. If they don't have 2 or 3, they have none - whether or not a Churkal has spikes doesn't mean anything.

Other Variants
Smaae S'nir - A genetic condition causing the Churkal to become hairless. Churkal can still have markings even with this condition, just no fur. They tend to be wrinkly - almost like sphynx cats. They have a hard time adjusting to colder temperatures, and so prefer to remain indoors or in areas where the climate is warmer. Smaae S'nir, or "Smooth Skin", can affect Churkal's of any subspecies.
dvNMNeD.png

Lure - "Runts", in our language. These Churkals tend to be the smallest and weakest, usually only reaching 3-4 feet tall. They are born with only one set of eyes, and one set of ears, as well as very short tails. They have the shortest life span.
hMUw4F4.png
An average Lure

What Not To Do
  • Do not draw them with pupils, wings, or hairy bellies.
  • No wing-like, skull-face, or mouth-like markings.
  • No fetish art.
  • Do not try to make your own of the Closed aspects of the species. I said they're closed - if you do this, you will be blacklisted, and your Churkal will be considered art theft.
  • Unless you have a Lure, do not draw them with only one set of ears and/or eyes.
  • Churkals do not breed outside of their own species - hybrids do not exist.
  • Don't make them out of water, fire, rock, etc - these are elementals, and Churkals do not possess elemental magic. Creatures like this are not Churkals.

What You Can Do
Literally everything else. There are no restrictions on colors or design, aside from what was already outlined in the section above.
Slots for making/buying rare variants will open occasionally, once I make a thread for them. Keep your eyes peeled!
Sabertooth Shadow Fiend | Chaotic Evil | Satanist | Misanthropist | Artist | Writer
Join the Satanists Discord!

25 Jun 2019, 10:11 am (Edited 3 Jul 2019, 1:14 pm)
CEIcgnZ.png
Lmao this picture sucks so much

The Churkali homeworld of Ama is a harsh, tundra-like planet with little vegetation along the somewhat temperate coastal areas. To humans, this world is known as "Planet 6X3". Vast oceans and the knowledge of ship-building leave much in the way of travel, offering plenty of opportunity for trade, social gathering, and hunting. They share this planet with many other species, most of which are still unknown to human kind.
Sabertooth Shadow Fiend | Chaotic Evil | Satanist | Misanthropist | Artist | Writer
25 Jun 2019, 10:28 am
These seem really cool! I think I'll have to make myself a Zurrark and/or a Lure at some point heh

If you have a pinglist for when you make a thread, or there's updates or whatever, I'd love to be on it!
ONgwqjm.pngLucky|Any pronouns|+6 FV time|Toyhouse|DeviantArtl4QrVav.png
y6tun3h5OPx7p1.png
25 Jun 2019, 10:36 am
:0 Ooooh I'm definitely interested as well!! I'd love to be on the update pinglist! :>
other-blue.gif
~by Cooler ~

1wgCe4X.png|| Art Shop || Toyhou.se ||pixel_flag___transgender_by_sweetlycanad
used to be xXSolsticeXx!
25 Jun 2019, 10:59 am
Glad you guys like em! <3 I'll definitely add you to the pinglist ^^
25 Jun 2019, 11:25 am
Can be on ping list they are so cool I think they would be awsome d&d charters too!
5pfM1fY.png
nwNJvZO.png
25 Jun 2019, 11:27 am
Sure thing!
And d&d characters would be super cool :o I might just need to make an info sheet for them!
25 Jun 2019, 11:39 am
ohhh can I be added to the pinglist?
icon by paniic- +1hr FV time
Crazy Sally Face fan

Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!
Thank you Alduinsecretfire for blessing me with this amazing quote,
1563807047.rosegem_yes_alduin.png
25 Jun 2019, 11:39 am
Absolutely! <3
25 Jun 2019, 1:27 pm
Dogstar paniic- Sdog88 RoseGem

An example of what a Churkal mouth looks like has been added to the top of the original post!
25 Jun 2019, 1:29 pm
woah the design for the mouth is really cool!
icon by paniic- +1hr FV time
Crazy Sally Face fan

Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!
Thank you Alduinsecretfire for blessing me with this amazing quote,
1563807047.rosegem_yes_alduin.png
25 Jun 2019, 1:45 pm
Dogstar paniic- Sdog88 RoseGem (sorry for pinging y'all again hhhhhhhhh)

There is now an Official Churkal Thread!
26 Jun 2019, 10:09 am
Up
1 Jul 2019, 2:41 pm
Up
2 Jul 2019, 12:49 pm
up
2 Jul 2019, 12:58 pm
Very interesting! I'll have to make one at some point!
2 Jul 2019, 1:00 pm
Katthekit I hope you do! ^^ Feel free to check out the Official Churkal Thread for bases if you would wish to use one, and post art of your Churkal babs! <3
3 Jul 2019, 1:15 pm
Dogstar paniic- RoseGem

Added some info about the homeworld! <3
5 Jul 2019, 3:35 pm
up