Adding an arcade?

8 Jul 2019, 10:51 am
I typically have plenty to do with my villagers and since things reset every hour it keeps me pretty preoccupied, There are still some times though when I find myself just sitting on the site and staring at the front page.

Maybe adding one or two mini games to pass the time would be nice. You can earn FC or even items if you complete certain tasks/achievements. They don't have to be anything crazy, but I think it might offer something to pass the time when you're just waiting for the next hour cycle of explorations or the last 10 minutes before your crop is ready to harvest.

As far as what kind of games, simple is fine! Maybe a puzzle game and a clicker? A clicker would be especially cool since you can save your progress and stuff, but that might become a bit too much to warrant it as a 'mini game'. If they went clicker route I would understand if that was the one and only game they added.

What do you guys think?
tumblr_psjap7zEZv1rfxbzoo1_500.png

8 Jul 2019, 11:05 am (Edited 8 Jul 2019, 11:05 am)
I really like that idea! because sometimes I und up doing the same thing, staring at the home screen just waiting, it would be really fun to have some mini games to pass the time!

especially since for me I spend like half of my life on the site....

I have a problem.
"Well, I'm starved! Who wants some Jambalaya?
+1hr FV time
Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!
pangolotls_banner.png?width=500&height=2[/url]
by Pandorose
8 Jul 2019, 11:16 am
RoseGem

Tbh same lol. I really like this site since I can walk away and some back at my own leisure (since I work a job and stuff). I just wish for days I had off I could more actively do something while waiting.
8 Jul 2019, 11:17 am
We need this!! I support! I know other websites have games such as hangman and higher or lower
38decb360ce121fb206b1f708aa1f917c5e2f3f6I buy rabbit and dragon painties!
8 Jul 2019, 11:19 am
Furvilla said in the past that adding stuff like flash games would be too expensive v_v but i keep hoping one day we can get some
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
8 Jul 2019, 11:23 am (Edited 8 Jul 2019, 11:24 am)
To me, it sounds like a good idea! I believe being able to earn resources from this could be helpful and engage people with the game more. I can relate to what you're talking about, and having a simple game would be more than helpful for passing the time.
giphy.gif
8 Jul 2019, 11:24 am
Bunny_Lord Those would be easy to make too! Just something to do would be nice xD lol

RadioactiveAcid Ahh I see. I didn't know that :/ Like I said it wouldn't have to be anything crazy. That's why I think maybe a clicker would be achievable and could have a lot of depth if they wanted? But I guess I'll just sit here and dream xD
8 Jul 2019, 11:29 am
Omg yes!!! I hope one day they'll add an arcade....
A Gachapon would be super fun <3
Fishing, higher or Lower, Number draw, and some other things would be so fun!!
Maybe like, an Arcade NPC that looks like a 60's music video reject lmAO who'd give you stuff or money for playing games a certain amount of times or getting a certain item would be soooo cool....

I support Furvilla Arcade 100% omg
*Kokichi crying sound*
⭐Peachringsss/15/Actual Shark,Questioning/Danganronpa nerd ⭐

My links

I'm a professional dumbass
8 Jul 2019, 12:46 pm
Omg yes!!! I hope one day they'll add an arcade....
A Gachapon would be super fun <3

pretty much everything in furvilla is alread a gachapon lol
getting warrior equipment? rng
buyng fd pets? rng
exploration items? rng

furvilla is one giant gacha
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
8 Jul 2019, 12:53 pm
Great idea! We should do a petition for this
TNq3HFr_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f
8 Jul 2019, 1:04 pm
Yesss! Great idea!!
Minigames can also really widen the Furvilla lore/world and it would be really fun! Simple and classic games like connect four, whack-a-mole, memory and so on come to mind :0 Short so that they don't interfere with the other stuff we do on this site, but fun enough to want to play it again if we have more time to spare! :3
8 Jul 2019, 1:30 pm
I support it! Amazing idea!!!
~Please Ping me!~

+1 FurVilla time
8 Jul 2019, 6:15 pm (Edited 8 Jul 2019, 6:16 pm)
pretty much everything in furvilla is alread a gachapon lol
getting warrior equipment? rng
buyng fd pets? rng
exploration items? rng

furvilla is one giant gacha

Oh yeah.....
But maybe the Gacha could just be "Furvilla but the RNG is worse and if you win something it's not what you want but lol here you are! Chocolate CandyCorns :D"
I pissed up the quote oop
*Kokichi crying sound*
⭐Peachringsss/15/Actual Shark,Questioning/Danganronpa nerd ⭐

My links

I'm a professional dumbass
8 Jul 2019, 7:08 pm
I have an idea for a game/FC sink, they could add a claw game for x amount of FC, and you have a random chance of getting a plushie or a keepsake or something, obviously with rarer stuff having lower percentages.

Anyway, I infinitely support the idea for a minigame or two.
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
8 Jul 2019, 8:40 pm
I wonder what about mini games would be expensive? The implementation, the upkeep, or making and programing the game?
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
8 Jul 2019, 8:42 pm
Mini games would be fun way to pass the time I use my explore every hour and such but nothing to do after all my villagers are on hold to do it again.
pet_16285238_shop_2.png Please click my pet

dwTP4Bj.png swkZXjI.png
8 Jul 2019, 8:58 pm
I have said it one million times over that if mini-games are added to the site they absolutely should not give FC. Only the careers should be a source of FC. There is already way too few FC sinks as it is. If mini-games gave FC the economy would crash and burn faster than you could say 'There it goes.'

sciencesparrow Coding the games would have a cost, art for the games would have a cost, hosting the games and the game data would have a cost, and bug fixes for the games would have a cost. That's the general breakdown of it off the top of my head, but I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting.

Regardless of what people say, making a good quality game that's more than just a reskin of a retro arcade game, is not as easy as people think, not to mention, you'd have to worry about copyright infringement if you did reskin a retro arcade game. Also, Flash is already obsolete and many browsers and websites are already switching to html5.

That's all I'll say. I'm getting exhausted of repeating myself at this point. It's always the same kinds of people asking for flash games who don't really understand what goes into implementing this sort of feature.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
8 Jul 2019, 9:13 pm
Maybe games akin to those on Click Critters where nearly every game is made up of still images. The page will redirect you to a different url when an action is taken.

Please let me know about all insect/arachnid adoptables <3

sig.gif
8 Jul 2019, 9:14 pm
Building off of what Rotsuoy said, I'm only focusing on game balance because I feel like it's the most irrefutable argument. The only time I've seen minigames successfully added to a site, they reward non-currency bonuses that are not tradeable. Things like food points or buffs. Any time a site has minigames that reward currency or items, inflation hits big time. Suddenly it's easier to make currency (whether straight currency rewards, or selling the item rewards) and all user-sold items see a massive price jump since people don't have to work as hard for the currency and are willing to spend more.

It's simple supply and demand, honestly. More supply of currency makes it worth less than it was before.
Minigames unbalance an economy easily because of how hard it is to balance an economy in the first place.

There are plenty of other things to do during downtime on petsites, like reading webcomics, playing mobile games video games or mini games on other sites, watching a show, or even just reading a book, petsites aren't meant to be the kind of thing you play continually, it's something you do incrementally a bit each day.
8 Jul 2019, 9:43 pm
XD I was just asking since I've programmed a few small games and thought maybe I should try to make one for the site. But it likely wouldn't be the correct codeing required.
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
9 Jul 2019, 11:18 am
Rotsuoy You make a fair point about the economy, but I don't think that discredits the whole idea. Rather then FC maybe create its own unique currency? They could be called tickets and they can be spent at a stand to trade in for unique prizes/buffs there. That way it doesn't unbalance the currency already in play. Although that would be more work to implement it's just an idea.

And no I totally understand the effort, time, and money that all goes into making any kind of game. It's difficult and this idea is likely not to happen. This is more so an "I can dream scenario" xD But if FV ever decided to make this a reality I thought it would be cool is all.
9 Jul 2019, 11:41 am
Support, I'm dying for more activities.
5pfM1fY.pngxSRsBu0.png
qjQijrf.gif
10 Jul 2019, 6:41 pm
Rotsuoy You make a fair point about the economy, but I don't think that discredits the whole idea. Rather then FC maybe create its own unique currency? They could be called tickets and they can be spent at a stand to trade in for unique prizes/buffs there. That way it doesn't unbalance the currency already in play. Although that would be more work to implement it's just an idea.

This is exactly what I proposed in an old thread about this very subject- it seems to be deleted now. It would also allow FC exchange from people who don't want to or can't play the games as much- such as people who prefer warrior. This would flow the FC through the economy without creating more.
These would be the remaining problems:
1) We'd have another currency type- this was something that was the major con to my proposed solution that a fair amount of people pointed out. I personally don't mind having another currency type as long as it's meant only for one thing, but there are quite a few people that reject another currency.
2) Payout of the games would still have to be balanced- if the payout is too high then the rewards would loose value dramatically over time. This means the games would have to be play tested a lot, probably over a period of a few months prior to release. The users would have to not complain about lack instant gratification too, much like they do with the warrior events. If these games are on the site long term, the payout should be very slow.
3) The games and the item art prizes would still need funding- I've been saying for years that I'd love a patreon subscription service for furvilla that's basically a monthly item bundle. It's just a matter of convincing the player base that a subscription isn't a bad idea. So far, only myself and a handful of others who already spend money on the site have been the only people for the idea... and we're few and far between.

If these problems can be solved I would concede to mini-games, but only if those problems can be solved.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
17 Jul 2019, 6:15 am
I came here to suggest something similar. Even just a few simple puzzle games would be really great.

Yes, it would cost money, TBH that's part of running a pet site. And the economy has to be considered, again, that's part of running a pet site.

I'd say make the games cost FC to play (rather than putting a daily limit on them) and have the prizes be items.
pronouns: he/him/his
looking for painties like mine? my shop is SWEET Redux
17 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm (Edited 17 Jul 2019, 3:57 pm)
I came here to suggest something similar. Even just a few simple puzzle games would be really great.

Yes, it would cost money, TBH that's part of running a pet site. And the economy has to be considered, again, that's part of running a pet site.

I'd say make the games cost FC to play (rather than putting a daily limit on them) and have the prizes be items.

I'd like a few games to give fc as a reward while other games gives you items as reward, but the item reward games you need to pay fc to play.
pet_16285238_shop_2.png Please click my pet

dwTP4Bj.png swkZXjI.png