Item recolor-Spell books of air,water,and,RAINBOWS

1 Aug 2019, 8:36 am (Edited 2 Aug 2019, 8:26 am)
Item Order: Three recolors of one of my past custom orders, the Spell books.

Item Name: Spell Book of Air / Spell Book of Water / Spell Book of Rainbows

Item Description:
Air: A book with many a passage on spells about air.
Water: A book with many a passage on spells about water.
Rainbows: A book with many a passage on spells about all elements. It seems to leave colorful trails temporarily wherever it's been.

Item Text: More or less as the names imply; additional spell books based around the new air and water elements, and then one that's all about them rainbows~ I'll let Shroomy be creative with how the elements are portrayed; she did fantastic on the others so I know she'll do great on these too~

Extras: For the stats on the shield, I have this handy dandy little image here that shows everything that you'd see right away. I'm not thrilled about the resistances on the air book, so if anyone has feedback on that, it'd be much loved~

Otherwise, like the other spell books, they'll all give the "mystic" status effect, and the "+10% damage" effect. Also, rather than a defensive spell, they'll have offensive ones, like most of the other books. Due to air and water being so new, I'm intentionally making the spells weak. Wist and Tempest can buff them later down the line once more counters to air and water have been released.

Air: 130-200 air damage
Water: 150-200 water damage
Rainbows: 100-140 Fire, Frost, Lightning, Air, Water, and Dark damage, as well as 125 physical that can't be dodged. This makes for an over all 600-840 elemental damage, with 125 physical on top. While this seems like a very high damage value, keep in mind that they're also going to be mitigated by every single elemental resistance. So it will be very powerful against those without a lot of broad resistances, but will be very weak against anything with even just moderate resistances. The spell would also have a small chance to cause bleeding, burning, chilled, and/or electrified.

Obtaining Items In-Game: This is where things get a bit... wacky.... I'd like them to be obtained via the existing elemental book schema, but this requires all of the percentages to be scrambled. What I'd like to see is all of the current books in it, as well as the books of air and water, to all share a 14% chance to be obtained. This then leaves a "left over" 2% chance that the spell book of rainbows could be dropped through. Spell book of light will remain unchanged.
After talking with some friends on better alternatives, I think instead I'd like the elemental schema have a 10% chance to drop the earth spell book, and then 15% chance for the rest. Then, the rainbow book will be it's own separate crafted item that requires all 7 base element books to make, and this schema will be found in the crafting shops as well.

Extra Charges: Always got them tips to say in the background, but otherwise that's a 3x recolor, 1 crafting Schema, for a total of $35~
My green name means I'm a helper! What's a helper? Someone that wishes to help others out with knowledge about Furvilla! My favorite subject and where I have the most knowledge is with the warrior career! We are not staff members. If you need help with something, whether it be a bug or something greater, file a report or contact a moderator/admin

1 Aug 2019, 8:47 am
I really really like this order.. I think not will turn out excellent, but I'd like to ask if you've considered making the rainbows book a little harder to get? Perhaps crafting one of each book into the rainbow book? That would make it a bit harder to get but reduce frustration that alot of people have with many of the more powerful items anyway, the RNG. You'd still have to deal with the primary RNG from crafting the elemental books of course, but crafting gives... a feeling of control.

At any rate it's just a thought Lance-C-Bones
I'm looking forward to this no matter how its obtained!
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
1 Aug 2019, 8:57 am (Edited 1 Aug 2019, 8:59 am)
Varinis

I did think some about that... but the main issue is that it's now 7 base elemental books. If they're done the way I'd like them to be dropped, that's a 14.28571......% chance per book... Pretty sure they cant add in factions like that, so having all the books drop at 14%, leaves a spare 2%. Can't have 2% giving you nothing, as that'd cause errors... So the book o rainbows wasn't a even a thought until I realized I needed an even number of books to even out the percentages.

I'd be hesitant to drop the rest of the books to 13% each to boost the rainbow book, as then that puts it at 9%. Not necessarily terrible, but it'd make it a lot closer to just being the same as all the others.

Another option I thought about, which is honestly a terrible idea, would be to take the 2% left over, and have that 2% drop the light book schema, and a schema for the book o rainbows. At that point yes; once you get the schema you can make unlimited of them... but once you get them, that 2% chance then becomes a "I spent 100K and all these resources, on 1-2 schema's I already have...".... Which I very much want to avoid xD;
My green name means I'm a helper! What's a helper? Someone that wishes to help others out with knowledge about Furvilla! My favorite subject and where I have the most knowledge is with the warrior career! We are not staff members. If you need help with something, whether it be a bug or something greater, file a report or contact a moderator/admin
2 Aug 2019, 8:29 am
Bumping to bring awareness-ish if people wish to know about it, and also updated the stats on the "Book of rainbows".... It's now a bit more powerful than all of the other books, and is the only book that gives endurance (even if it's only +3 endurance)
2 Aug 2019, 8:42 am
excited for some more books (and that earth getting less % in crafting... im sorry, i just have so many haha). i hope the air & water prove to be useful! im really not sure how the elements work right now (missed the memo), but they look fine so far. also, im glad the rainbow schema will be in shop! c: looking forward to this order lance
2 Aug 2019, 8:51 am
noll

That's pretty much the conciseness I've heard from most everyone; earth book is probably the least liked out of the bunch xD The only thing I worry about is while dropping its chance to be created, it's going to be harder to get in order to make the book o rainbows, as you'll need one to make it.... But we'll see how things go I suppose xD; Hope you still have some to try and throw at this new recipe~!

And from what I got from Tempest; water is 2% per all the stats, and air is something like..... 3% per agility, and 7% per speed, or the other way around... I just remember that 1 agl and 1 spd = 10%, which is why the book of air has both 5 speed and agility, to match the gains from +5 int on all the others xD
2 Aug 2019, 9:40 am
yeahh that is same with what i have heard. we just lack earth spell weapons. i crafted like 5 of the earth or something.... and i have like 2 or 3 left, so i am set on those haha. 

thanks for the info! i think i saw that in the discord as well, but the person wasnt 100% sure either. it would be nice to get the in a changelog so we could all remember :')