Species Advice Please? Gelatin Dragons?

7 Aug 2019, 12:27 am
Alright so when me and my best friend where really young we used to play this game where we pretended we had dragons in which I basically acted as a gamemaster of sorts (we were like 7 so most of the game was ridiculous). But I do remember one time my friend *found* a dragon egg and I decided to make it hatch into an interesting dragon, which is where the inspiration for this possible species came from. It was a dragon made out of gelatin. In the game it functioned as a normal dragon just transparent, edible, (it grew back anything you ate) and kinda floppy because it was a jello dragon. I'm thinking about making an entire species based on the concept because I think it could be neat.

The part I actually want advice on is how I should make it
. Should I give it a inner skeleton made out of some sort of hard candy? I think a gelatin dragon with a cool rock candy(or any other type of hard candy) skeleton would be super neat, it could even have candy horns and stuff.

Or should I make it entirely out of gelatin and it can for some reason hold itself up in a semi consistent form. I'd try to come up with a reason for it to be able to hold itself up. Perhaps it could just kinda flop into a puddle of weird gelatin slime to slip under doorways and stuff and just be a really cool stealth dragon?

If I decide to create the species it would be an open species or at least semi open with rare traits only being available If you got a dragon from me. I probably wouldn't charge money for rare dragons maybe do giveaway's for rare traits and stuff?

Also if you've heard of any other species with a similar concept please share them with me, I don't want to accidentally make a copy of anyone's species.
Please ping me if you want me to be able to respond.
She/Her but I don't really care all that much.
I say furcoin instead of furcash just know that's what I mean.

7 Aug 2019, 12:39 am
I think a hard candy skeleton could be cool! It could start out as a mass of jelly and as time grows it gains sentience and the skeleton grows!

Maybe thats how the dragons breed? Mixing pieces of their jelly bodies to form a new one!

Id love to be pinged if you make an adopt thred<3
7 Aug 2019, 12:41 am
alright, thank you
7 Aug 2019, 12:54 am
I love the thought of a candy skeleton! Maybe something that can be seen through the jelly/the jelly of some dragons if some are more transparent than others?
9438655_ppGnaXaUcKK3veC.gif
7 Aug 2019, 12:57 am
I think I'm gonna go ahead and draw up a simple design for one with a candy skeleton, also I had a really cute idea for one. A cute strawberry gelatin dragon with chocolate dipped feet would be adorable. Maybe when I create the actual species it'll be the mascot or something. Idk but I'm excited now.
7 Aug 2019, 1:34 am
Oooh this sounds super adorable! I'd love a ping if you made an adopt thread! <3
7 Aug 2019, 2:08 am
If anyone wants to know what they might look like, although I'll most likely change it, here's an idea.
I want to find away to make the face look cuter and really sell the fact that it's candy. I suppose bright colors will probably make it look more like candy.

I went with a super generic design for it, although possible to have a design like this finished gelatin dragons would probably have more to them. Also I chose a kirin inspired horn for it, but horn shape would vary.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnMsFd0rx122NKvT5ZiwGtReAvg5Vy7A/view?usp=sharing
7 Aug 2019, 2:09 am
Give it a little smile! Also, pastel colors and transparency should help it look more geleton!