Show off "fancy" badges.

7 Aug 2019, 11:13 am
By "fancy", I mean things like . . . Just those things in your childhood that you would find in special Pokemon cards or fancy dollar tree stickers. Like sparkly details in eyes, metallic marker, lenticular printing, holographic sparkles, scented marker, glow-in-the-dark, glitter, etc. Or badges in general.

Last night I attempted to make a badge of my insert, Slink. However . . . I made the terrible mistake of doing it at 2:00 AM. My dumb 13 yo self:

Used an office pen instead of a moisture-proof pen
Shaded with the wrong colors
Neglected to sketch and had to rely on a white gel pen to erase mistakes.
Colored poorly
Used a crappy paintbrush to apply the glitterglue (it made a mess .)
Didn't make room to punch a hole.
Didn't write Slink's name anywhere.

Professional, if I do say.

https://imgur.com/a/9IXrrEX

If you look down, I tried to take a picture of it glowing. I really did. My camera is just too scary to allow that though.

We can also do critique-for-critique, if you want critique on your badge, try and critique my thingy.

Okay, show off furries now.
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter

7 Aug 2019, 11:19 am
Yours looks pretty cool to me. It also inspires me to try and make one soon.
~͈ͅ-͏̪̖̰ͅ~̷̤-̻͕͔̗̳͢-͎̥͝~͢-̧~͎̻́jack__2__by_frozensparrows-dar0qt0.gif~̼͚̖̰͓̮͍͢-͙̣̞͈̘̫̥́~̭̼̤̦͍̟̜͠-҉̫̲̼̼͇̠͈-͖̰͈̟~-͏̘̹͍
Watch this Gif with any music and it makes that song 9001 times better
ticket_by_sparrowwrightheart-dbrget8.png
7 Aug 2019, 11:20 am
sciencesparrow

Thank you! If you do make one, can you please show me?
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
7 Aug 2019, 11:41 am
CallistoCorona

That actually looks really good! I like how you used the green glitter glue to make it glow and the coloring is actually pretty darn good too! If you dont much like it treat it like a practice run, now you know hey this kinda worked this is what I need to change etc.

Ah, I still have some of my favorite sparkly pokemon cards from when I was little lol they're in a fancy binder now though instead of being tacked up on a cork board.

Closest thing I've done to a badge was this digital doodle for my friend to use at pokemon events. https://ko-fi.com/i/IR6R5Y8GS
ko-fi.com/nougatkat <-- My Ko-fi!

Ask me about chibi commissions!
7 Aug 2019, 11:57 am (Edited 7 Aug 2019, 11:59 am)
Verin-

One of my cousins had a bunch of fancy-pants sparkly Pokemon cards that she kept in a folder that had a bunch of sparkly stickers scattered on it.^^

OOOH

That's actually really nice. The colors have a nice eye appealing look to them, and it's detailed, but also simple enough for the eye to take in. The face is adorable, and the way you did the flower crown is really nice!

(. . . And thank you :)
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
7 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm (Edited 7 Aug 2019, 3:01 pm)
CallistoCorona

You can now bet your bottom that my next paycheck I am buying sparkly stickers and be-stickering the crap out of that binder.

Thank you so much!! When I do the sticker style ko-fi commissions I try to pick a pallet and then stay within that pallet, it's a fun little challenge for myself and its neat to see how the colors play off eachother and figure out different ways to use them!
I could teach you how to do a flower crown like that, it's actually pretty easy! (That was probably the only part I didnt redraw 7 times ;-; thb) I like using the original Pokemon manga for references, the more chunky friends lol

I have another version of it that I'm gonna sell as vinyl stickers! I didnt post it to the ko fi page though lol

7 Aug 2019, 6:21 pm
Verin-

Do show me your sticker binder when you finish it lmao.

Oooh. If you could, please do sometime! Flowers and especially flower crowns are my weakness. Also, I can say that the idea of keeping in a similar palette does sound fun, and looks interesting.

Also, I can see perfectly the inspiration behind that, especially at the face and the . . .Paw? Claw? Dinosaur talon things? Pokemon paws are weird.

(If you do, despite the fact I don't splurge on things, I get kind of childish really quick if I see something I really like. I'll be looking forward to that, and might even buy some!)
9V0A2sd.png

h is a letter
8 Aug 2019, 11:24 am
CallistoCorona

I shall!

Hm I could stream a tutorial on my twitch and then the video would be on there for you to reference back to c: I'll do one when I draw my sona meme, after I'm finished with this comission. I'll shoot ya a message when I stream!

I think their paws? Since pokemon are more reptilian/animal? Lol but yes they're very weird, I kept redrawing the talons cause I felt like it was throwing the angle off.

(Okay! I'll let you know when I start selling them! Right now I have two different bulbasaur designs and I'm gonna work on a Nudibranch one as well ♡)