Closed, Picking 2nd Batch of Winners!

7 Aug 2019, 7:47 pm
So I know it's not much of a prize, but I'm really hoping to figure out a cute name for my fursona. (I'm sick of people chuckling when I say my "crow" is named Russel.. which actually stood for the Rustle of the Wind in the Trees, as most kenkus have sounds for names.)

I'll just briefly give some descriptions of her character, and just some ideas about me and her that I find might be important while naming her. If I choose your name you win 100FD! I may choose a couple and I'll give each person I choose 100FD, because it's only fair. ovo'

What I'm looking for:
Toyhou.se x Twitter x Reference

- her handle is "SeafoamCrow" or "The Seafoam Crow" due to her color choice of clothing.
- she mostly wears medieval clothing articles, but occasionally is more "hip to the fashions"
- is a kenku, but not in the normal way. (most kenkus are known thieves.)
- is a hunter/gatherer. Mainly focused on fish, but enjoys collecting herbs and sticking them in pouches she sews. Hardly ever uses a bow, but is pleased with making arrows using her own feathers.
- collects feathers as well. all sorts.
- partially color-blind.
- cares for small wildlife, mostly birds, but will take in anything that needs her care.
- overall 'mom-like' but has a funny goofy demeanor.
- can often be regarded as a little daft, but is just shy and tends not to show her true colors until comfortable.
- a force to be reckoned with.
- VERY small in height.

Think you've got a name? Post it here! Please post up to THREE names, no more; but you can do less. Thank you very much and I appreciate your help! ovo
10083499_sdkgxKq3Br8doOc.gif

7 Aug 2019, 7:51 pm
1.Ocean
2.Frostbite
3.falconclaw
18129148_Q0tu4ZLToDwDqdf.png
signature & icon by:Enchanted_skies
7 Aug 2019, 7:54 pm
River
Brook
Juniper
10557567_0jz9pPR1GOkuBit.png
Art by papaemeritus Icon by PastelShadows
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/103451-simple-animated-ych
7 Aug 2019, 7:55 pm
This might be a bad suggestion, but Solana is a Latin-American name meaning "wind from the east". I thought it'd be more appropriate to suggest a name that's still based on the wind.
7 Aug 2019, 7:58 pm
Crocus - purple ones are the first sign of spring. "youthful happiness"
Anemone- "These blooms take their name from the Greek word for wind (anemos) since their lives are so short. In modern times, they symbolize fragility."
https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/gardening/g2503/surprising-flower-meanings/ < above take from here, im not a flower expert
7 Aug 2019, 8:08 pm
Pozemi20 Ooo thank you for that one. I do still like the wind idea. As sounds for kenkus are very important, but with her being a non-traditional kenku it's okay for her to possibly vary!

Moon_Star Lilytora I love some of these water themed names you both have going on. I live near the ocean so it always calls me. OvO

SunniMustBeHappi I was going to say , you know a lot about flowers!! xD

7 Aug 2019, 8:14 pm
Beaky thx
18129148_Q0tu4ZLToDwDqdf.png
signature & icon by:Enchanted_skies
7 Aug 2019, 8:32 pm
1) Adamaris
2)Arlette
3)Shiri
*What's this....? A fox...?*

*You pause, intrigued. What might happen if you tried... Talking to her...?*

"Don't mind me," Anna laughs, "Not much goes on here, so keep scrolling! :3"

*You blink before continuing your browsing*

*What a strange encounter!*
7 Aug 2019, 8:44 pm (Edited 7 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm)
Hi there Beaky! I wanna help... for the sake of 100 FD. lol.

Lady Arrogah - sounds like a tender, loving, caring woman if translated to my local language.

Fevos - so feminine yet so strong, like Mother Nature, although strangers see her as an ordinary girl but she is a born leader. She knows what will be good for the ones she care for.

Selena/Elsena - peace-loving creature of the seair (sea-air), she lives her life like the wind that seems nonexistent to the eyes but gives a meaningful life to creatures who needs it. Destructive as a raging storm when invasive species lurks by the seafoam - she is just too enthusiastic and energetic when she deals with crustaceans, especially againsts crabs and lobsters. (imagine them having a toothpick fight on the sandy beach, EPIC!)

Just disregard my descriptions. What's important are the names. I just feel like I had to decribe how I came up with the names and how the name affect my imagination.. They are my original thoughts but Selena sounds too common though. Hope you like them! *legit smile*
~An artist, an engineer, a son, a husband, a father,a friend... Anyone I can be as long as I am still me...
7 Aug 2019, 8:48 pm
Daerouie Wow! Those are all really beautiful. Funny enough I even like the name Seair which wasn't technically your suggestion. xD

AnnaDragonShadow Ooo all very pretty names. OvO

7 Aug 2019, 8:51 pm
Beaky No way, then I can't win the 100FD if you pick Seair!! Hahaha! Why didn't I think that way? But I'd be really happy for whichever name gets picked. Thank you for the opportunity. Love lots.
~An artist, an engineer, a son, a husband, a father,a friend... Anyone I can be as long as I am still me...
7 Aug 2019, 8:57 pm
Thx \\\OwO///
*What's this....? A fox...?*

*You pause, intrigued. What might happen if you tried... Talking to her...?*

"Don't mind me," Anna laughs, "Not much goes on here, so keep scrolling! :3"

*You blink before continuing your browsing*

*What a strange encounter!*
7 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm
Some ocean/sea related names I could think of:

Breeze
Wave
Ripple (It's also kinda close to Russel!)

^-^
7 Aug 2019, 9:00 pm
Chicken 
jess #7302 | she/her | links
7 Aug 2019, 9:02 pm
NitaroFox Those are very simply and pretty too. <333

msjanny I should have seen that coming. xD

7 Aug 2019, 9:04 pm
Awhhh I really like the name Russel for her, haha.. ;v; I do have a few suggestions though, as you're thinking of changing it..!

)) Hunter - more masculine but oh well.. a cute name for a hunter/gatherer!!

)) Maize (pronounced may-zee) - eh, derived from maize as in the grain i guess :'>

)) Pip/Pippin - a name i've admired for a long time, i think it matches her playful personality...!

good luck choosing, haha, there are a ton of awesome names suggested so far!! ^v^
17179272_oRSp8b4LGKedoaW.png

btAAT91.gif
★he/him | 16-19 | beta tester | blue★
too many fandoms
uwu

|| Art Shop || Toyhou.se ||
sig by Falorie
7 Aug 2019, 9:07 pm
paniic- I can see why you admired the name Pip/Pippin; that definitely caught my eye as well. Such lovely suggestions, all of them. ;0;

7 Aug 2019, 9:28 pm
Hello :'0

1. Rhea - Goddess of Motherhood (Mom like birb, right?)
2. Iris - One of the goddesses of the sea and sky. (Goddess of Rainbows)
3. Diana - The (Roman) Goddess of Nature

Hopefully these are okay :')
16453083_5a1C2gWI2Vvc2Hn.png
PxpMLT5.pngW4yikiX.png
7 Aug 2019, 9:35 pm
Connor_Murphy I was looking up goddess names too and stopped at those three. Great minds think alike, aye? OvO

7 Aug 2019, 9:39 pm
Oop-
I guess they do, haha! ^^
16453083_5a1C2gWI2Vvc2Hn.png
PxpMLT5.pngW4yikiX.png
7 Aug 2019, 9:52 pm (Edited 7 Aug 2019, 9:54 pm)
1) Seabreeze (to keep with the wind theme, and incorporate her fishing/ocean one)
2) Crashing Waves
3) Whish (like the sound of casting a fishing line)

She's a beautiful character!!!
(-2h FV Time)
<3 Flirty
7 Aug 2019, 11:02 pm
Here goes:
1. Rivulet ("small stream")
2. Capri (there's a particular hue of turquoise/seafoam called "Capri Sea" and I thought it kinda fits her)
3. Merinn (a play on "Meri" and "Marine" which is Finnish and French, respectively for "sea")

Love her color palette and affinity for fish! Hope she finds a suiting name. c:
dTldP4E.gif
greyer | 140470 | she/her | -2 FV time | trade FC/FD/art for art??
DeviantArt | ko-fi | teepublic | Swifter Fox @ instagram
feel free to ping me!
7 Aug 2019, 11:23 pm
Everyone is coming up with amazing names. This is going to be so hard to choose. ;0;

7 Aug 2019, 11:53 pm
Yeenarations *sobs at mention of Alexei* The most precious bean.