Help me name my Fursona! (Win 100FD!)

8 Aug 2019, 12:25 am
Mistral
Gibli
Chinook
Names of different winds. Thought that could be cool :)
Good luck picking a name. It is a hard thing to do.
8 Aug 2019, 12:25 am
Maybe one of these

*Reed - both a water plant and an instrument piece

*lyria

*echo - a sound name also related to underwater animals
14373415_3lPSJr4FGrcqDcR.png
feel free to message me or send me a friend request
signifur by puck
8 Aug 2019, 2:39 am
i really like the name saoirse - its irish, and it means freedom. its spelled a little funny but its pronounced "seer-shah," and it sounds really beautiful. but my choice is inspired by the movie song of the sea (which is beautiful and i really recommend it!!), so i kind of associate the name with the sea, and when you said seafoam it made me think of it (hopefully that makes sense, sorry im all over the place its like 4 am here lol)
y36jz2qfy6xt9fuwy36jz2qf
yyqyyzv3
y5x9vl7g
8 Aug 2019, 1:59 pm
Still so many amazing suggestions. My outside friends have been listing off some too, but guys you're all killing it. ;0;
nUc82zF.png

8 Aug 2019, 5:07 pm
So this isn't a name suggestion really but, I think if you called her Rustle instead of Russel, people would be less confused/whatever. I think Rustle is really an adorable name too.

But some other suggestions:
Cass (short for "Cast", like casting a rod, and also imo kind of sounds like a rod casting off too--another idea is "Cache" as she likes collecting, sounds like Cass as well.)
Coo (a bird sound, and also a way to describe a kind of gentle whisper, as a mother would to her babies)
Aerie (nest of a bird of prey, even though she isn't, could lean towards her maternal nature and avian nature)
8 Aug 2019, 6:56 pm
StrayChowChow I love the name Rustle as well, but it's more when I introduce myself in-costume that people crack a joke and it got old quick. ;;
nUc82zF.png

8 Aug 2019, 7:15 pm
You could name her Splash! If you want a traditional Kenku name (I like them because they're pretty fun and original) it can stand for Splash of Little Minnow :D
You could also go with Meredith, which means protector and definitely has a certain mom-like sound to it!

I hope these help!! <3
8 Aug 2019, 7:44 pm
1. Kayrul (Kay•rule) you can spell it a hundred different ways lol
2. Joyce
3. Lidia

No reasoning behind the names, I just like the way they sound ^^’
14847163_ZiA8nNIK9zMKdIK.jpg
#60102 +0 FV Time He/She/whatever
8 Aug 2019, 11:24 pm
I'll be sending the following people 100FD for their suggestions. I'm not 100% with any name yet, but I really enjoy their suggestions.
greyer
Rivulet (or "Riv")

paniic-
Pippin (or "Pip")

Lime-dragons-lick
Reed

Keep the suggestions coming! I have no problem choosing many winners. Even if they don't become the official name, you're all so creative.
nUc82zF.png

9 Aug 2019, 12:09 am
Plish?

Was trying to stick with quiet sound type words to keep the theme of rustle and that's how I would describe the sound of a fishing hook dropping into the water. Its also apparently an Albanian word for reeds (google translate says "sedge"), so bonus? Could probably pull off a double meaning long form name like that. "Rustle of Leaves on the Trees and Plish on the Water" or something
Sedge is kinda a nice name too, now that I think about it.

I hope you find that perfect name! Names are the bane of my existence lol
commission_for_hawkfeather_by_felispirit
13 Aug 2019, 10:04 pm (Edited 13 Aug 2019, 10:08 pm)
1: Kumpel! Kumpel means friend in German.
2: Naju (Nah-hoo)
3: Daqul (dak-oole)