Gelatin Dragons Semi-Open Species

13 Aug 2019, 3:34 pm (Edited 15 Aug 2019, 4:47 pm)
Alrighty I've finally got enough on these guys to open them up for creation.
Example https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KnMsFd0rx122NKvT5ZiwGtReAvg5Vy7A/view?usp=sharing

Digital Base: https://sta.sh/03ht54boq11
Thank you RoseGem for providing this base, I appreciate it so much.

BASIC INFO FOR MAKING ONE
Gelatin dragons have a hard candy skeleton surrounded by a layer of jello. You're allowed to make your own as long as you don't use rare traits.
I do want to make rare traits available to people of all ages, so they will not cost money. In order to get a rare trait talk to me and we might work something out. How you get the rare trait will depend, I may want an art work of a character ( I judge on effort not quality) or I may want a couple thousand fur coins. If you don't want to do art or pay furcoins, don't worry, I will have free adoptables with one rare trait each up every once in a while. If you want me to ping you when free adoptables are up I will. Sometimes the free adoptables will be a random choice and sometimes it'll be different.

You may not make adoptables of them or sell them in any way. If you want to give away a gelatin dragon you have created talk to me first.

Dragons are always transparent and can form in any one color unless you have a trait saying otherwise.

The skeleton can be any color, it's typically different than the color of the main body, but it can't be white or be multicolored unless you have a trait stating otherwise.

They can have any type of horn, although it's preferred to keep it two one or two sets of horns, there is no technical limit. They don't have to have a horn.

COMMON TRAITS:

Chocolate dipped paws (chocolate on paws and legs, can cover the entire leg but not much more.)

Chocolate dipped snout (I think your dragon might have stolen your chocolate. This marking can cover it's face, but it can't go past the horn.)

Chocolate dipped tail: The tip of your dragons tail can have a bit of chocolate on it if you want, but it can't go past the leg.

Googly Eyes: Does the empty eye socket of your jelly dragon unsettle you? Give it googly eyes, they won't improve it's eyesight and might look kind of derpy but hey whatever works.

Fruit in the gelatin: Put a bit of fruit in your dragons gelatin, it might look neat.

Candy Fangs: Your dragon can have hard candy fangs, they might have some gelatin around them, but they don't have to. (Trait credit to AlduinSecretFire)

Nub Tail: sometimes your dragon forms with a cute little nub tail (RoseGem )

Ear flaps, although they don't really function as ears sometimes dragons form flaps of gelatin on their head that resemble floppy rabbit ears. Ears may not have bone or stand up. Sometimes people trim their ears into shapes, this doesn't hurt the dragon.

Rock Candy Skeleton: sometimes their skeletons form to look more like rock candy (partial credit to Kazil_Ryuu )

Dwarfism: Limbs might form smaller than usual sometimes, this does not mean the entire dragon is small, just one part. (Shuka )

RARE TRAITS
Bubbles: A gelatin dragon can develop air bubbles inside it's gelatin, they usually aren't very large

Extra limbs: Sometimes when a piece of a dragon breaks off it doesn't grows back in strange ways resulting in two of the limb it lost. This trait can also form naturally during development, if it forms during development you may end up with a two headed dragon. Careful, sometimes the heads might not get along. (Shuka )

Thick Skeleton: Every once in a while the bones will grow thick causing them to reach the outer layer of the skeleton. This makes armor-like plates on the dragon.(CallistoCorona )

Marbled coloring: Sometimes if the color on your dragons inner candy forms to early in development it'll swirl off into the gelatin making a neat marbled affect. It also causes white patches on the candy. If you need an idea of what this looks like look up pictures of food coloring in water.

Candy Eyes: These, like googly eyes don't form naturally but they can be added under special circumstances. Unlike googly eyes candy eyes can grant your dragon sight because it's candy.

Whipped Cream: everything is better with whipped toping, add a smear of it running from your dragons horn to the tip of it's tail, this runs between it's wings.

Missing Limbs: Hmm weird, usually missing limbs grow back, I guess your dragon is the exception, The bone does not have to be removed, only the gelatin. Removing the bone is optional. No more than two missing pieces with this trait. This means specifically that your dragon had the limb once but it got torn off some how(RGDPersonallity )

Multicolored Skeleton: RAINBOWSSSSSSSSS make the skeleton any colors you want, one bone can only have one color on it, but your bones do not have to remain one color throughout the skeleton

Caramel Drizzle: Your dragon can have a caramel drizzle if you want, this can go anywhere on the dragon

Bioluminescence: Sometimes the fruit floating in the gelatin glows, there can also be glowing sprinkles.(CallistoCorona )

Multicolored Gelatin: You can have up to three layers of different colored gelatin with this trait. It also doesn't have to be in layers, it can be in patches. (sort of inspired by Shilo_Kaisin )

SPECIES INFORMATION
Gelatin Dragons vary greatly in size, they can be the size of a small cup, or the size of an entire pool.

They are blind unless they have the rare trait candy eyes, they navigate by sending out a high pitched trilling noise and feeling the way the sound bounces into their gelatin. The noise is usually not able to be heard by humans, although some animals may be able to hear it. This method of locating things is extremely effective.

They are able to hear despite not having visible ears.

They have tongues, but they don't eat the way we do, they lick hard candy. This does not mean they partake in cannibalism, the candy the dragons are made from is different than normal candy. When the dragons feast on hard candies, they have a special kind of enzyme to melt down the candies. Once the particles of the candies are broken down by the enzymes, they melt into the layers of gelatin and slowly channel sugars through the bodies, giving the gelatin mass nutrition, and thickening the layers through growth. (Credit to CallistoCorona for being able to word things better than me)

Gelatin Dragons can't feel pain. They can feel if you touch them, you just can't hurt them.

Although being absolutely adorable, they aren't very intelligent, they have about the mental age of a 7 year old. They can speak but sometimes sentences will be worded awkwardly or they'll have trouble pronouncing stuff.

If a piece of their gelatin falls off, or is removed you can but it in a small jar of sugar water a new dragon will grow from the broken gelatin. It always has the same color as the parent, but it can have different traits. You can also mix pieces of different dragons for more color options. That's also one of the reasons why they vary in size so much, depending in the amount of sugar water they develop in they can grow larger. A dragon can only grow to the size of it's container, you can grow them in anything from a cup to a pool. The sugar in the water is absolutely essential, the gelatin won't form a dragon without it. If there is salt in the water a dragon will not form.
(idea for breeding from SunniMustBeHappi )

No NSFW art please, they don't do anything more than cuddle.

If you have any questions regarding gelatin dragons just ask me and I'll respond.

Have an idea for a trait? Message me and we can talk about it becoming a trait. If I end up using a trait you come up with as rare you are allowed to crate dragons using your trait as if it were common.
I'm especially looking for common trait ideas right now, I don't want all the cool traits to be rare. Please don't respond here, I'd prefer to keep the thread somewhat neat, so please just message me with ideas if you have them.

If your name is mentioned in parenthesis after a rare trait you may create dragons with that trait without my written permission. If a name is written in parenthesis it means that the person came up with the trait. If there is no name I came up with it.

If you see a mistake in the grammar or spelling please message me so I can fix it.
Pinglist:
Pozemi20
SunniMustBeHappi
RoseGem
Kazil_Ryuu
Meepthedutchie
CallistoCorona
Otrovan
Shuka
Monika
Ochela

13 Aug 2019, 3:47 pm
these guys look cute! can I please be on the pinglist?
icon by paniic- +1hr FV time
What's a life? And where can I get one?

Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!

Alduinsecretfire and thisperson10 are really nice, go talk to them, trust me, you'll thank me later
FcJoXVa.png
13 Aug 2019, 3:49 pm
of course!
13 Aug 2019, 3:53 pm
OMG these guys ate adorable! Pinglest please!
(-2h FV Time)
<3 Flirty
13 Aug 2019, 4:13 pm
Ooooh! I just might consider making one of these sometime!
They're honestly really cool!

I have a few suggestions and questions though. Can the candied bones regenerate? Considering the rest of the dragon is constructed from sugar? I wouldn't be surprised if not, because that's kind of like saying "Pffft. Amputated arm? Just brush it off, it's made from tissue, it can grow back :l" but yeah.

Are the horns made of candy bone? Are they growing on the skull, or are the horns made from a different material, like candy keratin or something? Do the horns poke out of the layers of gelatin? If they're broken off, can they regrow?

How easy is breaking the gelatin? This is assuming that if you put your arm in it, you either won't be able to even break through the material, sort of like some kind of transparent foam, or putting your hand in the material would break it, forming some kind of wound, causing the material to quickly regenerate in a matter of seconds before any of the softer gelatin inside overflows or something.

One more question is what is the limit for common traits?

Suggestions:
Going back to the theory I had before, when the dragons feast on hard candies, I'm assuming that they have a special kind of enzyme to melt down the candies. Since they don't appear to have a traditional digestive system, perhaps once the particles of the candies are broken down by the enzymes, they melt into the layers of gelatin and slowly channel sugars through the bodies, giving the gelatin mass nutrition, and thickening the layers through growth.

I also think it'd be cool if there was a possible rare genetic where some of the bones would grow thick, and get pushed to the outer layer of the gelatin, making some random armor plates on the body.

And this suggestion for a gene right here is pure bias, but I'd love if there was a rare gene where there would occasionally be some glow-in-the-dark fruit or sprinkles floating through the body.

That being said, I'd LOVE to make one; LOVE TO. Please ping me when you make the bases for them! Thank you!
I exist . . . No, really! I do! See? Look! I exist! I'm a human! I exist!
13 Aug 2019, 4:14 pm (Edited 13 Aug 2019, 4:21 pm)
Omg so cuteeeee can I be on the pinglist?

I'm so excited to get one can't wait to get the base (totally going for a google eye chocolate strawberry ascetic) (please no one steal my soon to be child)
Can u give my painitie a like pretty pwease 'w'
http://www.furvilla.com/villager/335741
13 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm
CallistoCorona
Btw the all caps areas aren't me yelling at you, it's just to make my responses easier to see.

Candied bones can regenerate with some help, If a bone breaks it's a good idea to give your dragon lots of extra sugar and keep it in a warm area (if possible) when it's healing. Putting it in a sugar water bath will help it regenerate quicker.

The horns are candy bone, they can regrow, and yes they grow off the skeleton and poke through the gelatin.

As for the gelatin it can be somewhat hard to break through, the gelatin forms a tougher layer on the top, it'd be like trying to punch through a chewy caramel or something like that., but once you do the gelatin inside is softer and likely to be mildly damaged, you would treat damaged gelatin similar to how you would treat damaged candy bones..

The list for common traits is on the thing, they're above the rare traits.
I'm responding to the suggestions in all caps so you can tell where my response is easier.

Suggestions:
Going back to the theory I had before, when the dragons feast on hard candies, I'm assuming that they have a special kind of enzyme to melt down the candies. Since they don't appear to have a traditional digestive system, perhaps once the particles of the candies are broken down by the enzymes, they melt into the layers of gelatin and slowly channel sugars through the bodies, giving the gelatin mass nutrition, and thickening the layers through growth.
THIS IS PRETTY MUCH THE IDEA FOR WHAT THEY ALREADY DO, I JUST WASN'T SURE HOW TO EXPLAIN IT WOULD YOU MIND IF I COPY AND PASTE THIS PART INTO THE GUIDE? I'LL CREDIT YOU OF COURSE.

I also think it'd be cool if there was a possible rare genetic where some of the bones would grow thick, and get pushed to the outer layer of the gelatin, making some random armor plates on the body.
I'LL ADD IT TO THE LIST AND CREDIT YOU, I REALLY LIKE THIS IDEA, AND AS MENTIONED, IF YOU CREATE A RARE TRAIT YOU'LL BE ABLE TO USE IT ON ANY OF YOUR DESIGNS SO YOU CAN MAKE THEM WITH IT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT.

And this suggestion for a gene right here is pure bias, but I'd love if there was a rare gene where there would occasionally be some glow-in-the-dark fruit or sprinkles floating through the body.
A BIOLUMINESCENT TRAIT WOULD BE SUPER NEAT, I'LL ADD IT AS WELL.
13 Aug 2019, 4:42 pm
dragonlover1089

Thank you for answering my questions, and yes, you can paste that if you'd like!
13 Aug 2019, 6:12 pm
RoseGem has been extremely kind and provided a digital base for Gelatin Dragons. It can be located here:
https://sta.sh/03ht54boq11

Pinglist:
Pozemi20
SunniMustBeHappi
Kazil_Ryuu
Meepthedutchie
CallistoCorona
13 Aug 2019, 6:28 pm
Oh yay! I'm so excited to see these! May I be on the pinglist for when you start adoptables? Unfortunately I don't have much artistic talent myself. XD
13 Aug 2019, 9:47 pm
Please add me to the pinglist~
Might be making a flan based gelatin dragon :) I would like a rare trait (multicolored) but I can't offer anything but FC.
13 Aug 2019, 9:55 pm
Otrovan I'll add you to the pinglist, how about 500 furcoin for the multicolor trait?
13 Aug 2019, 10:07 pm
I gotta make one of these :'0
Toyhou.se
dH8TgZr.pngVdK0dzp.png
If there's anything you'd think I'd like, feel free to ping me!
Ko-fi
13 Aug 2019, 10:42 pm
Oooh a very cute species, can I be added to the ping list? :D

I thought an interesting rare trait could be multiple limbs (heads, tails, etc.). It could be the result of a limb being torn off then growing back weirdly or it randomly growing while it is developing. The dragon could possibly grow a second brain if it were to develop two heads, but that could all be up to chance.

A cool common trait could be dwarfism where any of the limbs (it doesn't have to be all of them) grow smaller than the norm. For example, a dragon could grow smaller wings than what is normal.
13 Aug 2019, 10:50 pm
I went ahead and added them, I thought it would be really neat to have a two headed dragon.
13 Aug 2019, 11:33 pm (Edited 13 Aug 2019, 11:56 pm)
Alright I am happy to announce the first round of adoptables for these guys

In order to enter write the word "laundry" and post it here so I can tell you want to enter. You also need to write the flavor of the one you'd prefer, no promises it's the one you'll get, but you really need to add it (watermelon, square, or lemon lime)

One of them has an adoptable exclusive trait, this means that no matter what you will not be able to get this trait except from an adoptable. Adoptable exclusive traits are not going on the trait lists, it has to be a surprise for when adoptable rounds come up.
Square is the exclusive trait.
You are allowed to name them whatever you want except for the one with the Square trait, his name is Square and Square he shall remain.
On the watermelon one you can choose if you want the seeds to be bioluminescent, but you must tell me your decision when you adopt it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NMnBh2mJrXz3PxkJzBcagQjr3c_hlRdZfE_KF04Qb9U/edit
Don't resolve my comments.

Pinglist:
Pozemi20
SunniMustBeHappi
RoseGem
Kazil_Ryuu
Meepthedutchie
CallistoCorona
Otrovan
Shuka
13 Aug 2019, 11:40 pm (Edited 14 Aug 2019, 12:18 am)
Laundry! (Lemon Lime cutie please)
(-2h FV Time)
<3 Flirty
13 Aug 2019, 11:48 pm
I'm a sucker for dragon species, add me to the ping list please?
5pfM1fY.pngxSRsBu0.png
qjQijrf.gif
13 Aug 2019, 11:50 pm
Monika of course, would you like to sign up for the free adoptable raffle?
13 Aug 2019, 11:54 pm (Edited 13 Aug 2019, 11:55 pm)
Monika of course, would you like to sign up for the free adoptable raffle?

Yes I would, Laundry.
5pfM1fY.pngxSRsBu0.png
qjQijrf.gif
14 Aug 2019, 12:13 am
I finished my own! Meet Imaru!

ezZAulh.png

Genes I picked:

Chocolate dipped snout
Chocolate dipped tail
Candy fangs
Bioluminescence

Does he look okay? ^^
14 Aug 2019, 12:16 am
CallistoCorona wow, he's absolutely stunning. You did a really good job on that.
14 Aug 2019, 12:16 am
dragonlover1089

Thank you!
14 Aug 2019, 3:14 am
Oooh! Laundry! (Watermelon please!)
14 Aug 2019, 6:05 am (Edited 14 Aug 2019, 6:08 am)
I was going to wait a bit so that more people could enter, but I'm impatient and I changed my mind. I'll do more adopts soon but round one is over now.

Watermelon goes to Pozemi20 (you;ll need to message me telling me if you're going to have the watermelon seeds glow)

Lemon-Lime goes to Kazil_Ryuu

Square goes to Monika